SEVENTEEN's S.Coups has reportedly been exempted from military service after suffering ligament rupture

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He has been on hiatus since August. This also shows that his injury is more severe than what is initially thought.

• Damn it's a full exemption. I wouldn't be doing choreo anytime soon if I were him lol, Knetz bout to be maaaaddd.

Nah they won't. People are only mad if you cheat the system. You given a grade 5 is something people feel sorry for you for. If you recover then that's a blessing for you. Scoups may never dance as much as he used to again depending on how it heals. Example look at heechul his leg injury never healed perfectly so even though he can dance, over time the pain is unbearable so he can't do choreos Long could be scoups might have him do like 3 songs and sit the rest of em out and just sing

• noooo it seems like his injury was a lot more serious than i thought ;(

he has been on hiatus since august last year, i really hope he's recovering

So far, Pledis announced last week along with Jeonghan that he will be resuming activities. He was cleared by medical professionals as long as he avoided straining his body. He will be participating in Follow Again To Incheon.

• I read that it was an ACL tear - and that a complete restructure was needed. This is a serious injury to rehabilitate from.

I have a friend who tore up their knee in a bad skiing accident - ACL along with a couple of other related ligaments too. They had to wait for the swelling to go down before they were even able to have surgery to repair the torn muscles. Then they needed physical therapy to learn to put weight on it to walk properly again while letting the restructured muscle heal. Walking was to be for only bursts of time so as not to stress the area unduly, but build it up properly. From the time of injury to when she finally got clearance to resume full activity was around 6 months and as I understand, she actually shaved off time for the magnitude of injuries she had.

Now I don't know if he had anything as bad as she did, but let's not judge this too harshly. I hope he is recovering well.

• Isn't there a deferment for situations like this? Like, maybe defer enlistment for a year or two until fully healed. Meaning, no tour, no practices. No rehearsals. Just rehab and healing.

Once done, then he can serve a desk duty. Just a thought.

• What do they really mean by straining his body if he isn’t even fit for desk work?? Isn’t the injury that serious?

He's still recovering. He will just be sitting at most since rehabilitation could take a long time.
    Even social worker still has to do the required 5 weeks of basic training before they start so there will be still the risk that he might get injured again.

• Isn't there a deferment for situations like this? Like, maybe defer enlistment for a year or two until fully healed. Meaning, no tour, no practices. No rehearsals. Just rehab and healing.

I'm not sure but I know there is a law that states which kind of injury can lead to an exemption and the injury he has is one of those.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He has been on hiatus since August. This also shows that his injury is more severe than what is initially thought.

Armies would be FURIOUS

Unless the guy who runs Pledis (he still has some autonomy from Bang) keeps S. Coups out at least for the duration of the military service he would have gotten, Armies will NEVER forgive S.Coups and SVT. Never.

• He's still recovering. He will just be sitting at most since rehabilitation could take a long time.
    Even social worker still has to do the required 5 weeks of basic training before they start so there will be still the risk that he might get injured again.

No they don’t. It’s not for every social workerIMG_0697.jpeg

But I get it if he’s sitting mostly during the performance. Because I’ll be quite worried if he’s made to perform their hard choreos

He’s been hiatus since last year, and its only been 2 months since he started walking without assistance. Even if it did heal, he probably will not be able to go back to strenuous activities as he did before depending on the level of his surgery and grade of the ACL injury.

Also, from what I know the military assessed him in all sorts of ways before they came to the conclusion he is unfit for service (grade 5). That’s likely due to the high risk of re-injuring himself, and that can likely lead permanent's damage or crippling. The military likely did consider a desk job, but I’m sure there is more to his medical record than we know to assume what he is capable of doing or not.

Even for Seventeen’s upcoming comeback, we don’t know if he will even be able to perform. All we know is he is healing slowly and making progress.

• Damn it's a full exemption. I wouldn't be doing choreo anytime soon if I were him lol, Knetz bout to be maaaaddd.

Surprisingly, Knetz aren’t mad. They fully agree with the military’s decision on exempting him over this injury. They’ve been quite sympathetic especially since he has been graded level 5.

It’s mainly the international Kpop fans that are experiencing mass hysteria over this news.

External Content x.com

• Surprisingly, Knetz aren’t mad. They fully agree with the military’s decision on exempting hship laim over this injury. They’ve been quite sympathetic especially since he has been graded level 5.

It’s mainly the international Kpop fans that are experiencing mass hysteria over this news.

External Content x.com

Which basically proves that all the uproar about BTS' military service was just envy and jealousy by less successful Korean men who wanted to bring them down.

That cost BTS at least 1 billion, or more realistically 3 billion , and world domination.

I expect some of them to give up Korean citizenship, which is not really that valuable anyways, for some other country and never pay a won of tax to Korea ever again.

• Which basically proves that all the uproar about BTS' military service was just envy and jealousy by less successful Korean men who wanted to bring them down.

That cost BTS at least 1 billion, or more realistically 3 billion , and world domination.

I expect some of them to give up Korean citizenship, which is not really that valuable anyways, for some other country and never pay a won of tax to Korea ever again.

They are completely different situations. They are not equitable.

One was an appeal for them to be exempted due to their significant contributions to their economy and honourable achievements, whereas, this is an exemption made by the military based health issues and risk that they could be liable for if he re-injures himself permanently whilst on duty.

It’s absolutely absurd you’re making this comparison.

• Surprisingly, Knetz aren’t mad. They fully agree with the military’s decision on exempting him over this injury. They’ve been quite sympathetic especially since he has been graded level 5.

External Content x.com

Because fans are clown's 🤡🤡 nobody here is upset over this at worst people here pity him. Getting a grade 5 from the military really let's the gravity of the situation in for most people, because if they consider you unfit to do anything then it must be really really bad. They don't give out grade 5 for nothing.

Also whoever keeps taking about army being mad about it? Well those fans are 🤡🤡 clowns I know they are talking about Yoongi for that one if you aren't a man or Korean stfu about what you think should happen with these guys regarding military service. Two shame on you, BTS would hate to have YOU as fans the fact you'd use the members injuries and pain as some tool and weapon to dismiss someone else's injuries is beyond disgusting you don't know how serious these things affect them.

The reason Yoongi wasn't exempt is because his injury was related to his shoulder, this is something that can be repaired with surgery, also this area does NOT have to bear the entire weight of the body, unlike the knee this type of injury scoups has is life changing, many with ACL tears including professional athletes don't always return to work and have to give up their dreams, because they cannot ever return to doing things normally, no amount of surgery can ever guarantee 100% stability.

I guarantee you scoups wishes it was his shoulder, because atlest he'd be able to walk and still have one good arm instead of needing a cane or having to use a wheelchair for the rest of his life. People need to STFU when they don't know shit about these types of injuries. Neither invalidates the other though one is more serious than the other.

• They are completely different situations. They are not equitable.

One was an appeal for them to be exempted due to their significant contributions to their economy and honourable achievements, whereas, this is an exemption made by the military based health issues and risk that they could be liable for if he re-injures himself permanently whilst on duty.

It’s absolutely absurd you’re making this comparison.

It seems there is no uproar in Korea (with hyphens) because not too many people know who is S.Coups since he is rarely shown in contents for the public (only BSS members are better known among the public).

• The outrage was a result of the previous horrible treatment Yoongi got from the fandom. Yoongi himself enlisted and shit was still spoken about him. Imagine him getting an exemption. Heads would have rolled. The same people saying don't invalidate SCoups pain will never have said that about Yoongi. Let's be real now.

Was this reaction wrong? Abso-fucking-lutely. There is no excuse at all for the way both fandoms handled it. It is uncalled for. But at the same time, after all was said and done about Yoongi and BTS and after years of belittling them, will this come as a surprise? Not at all. We all know that.

Of course, this was caused only by the loud and toxic stans. Carats clowns (and other fandoms) speaking shit about BTS prior to enlistment and the ARMY clowns giving back Carats the same energy they once gave. Thank goodness, the great majority of the fanbases are more forgiving.

Well, BTS have now all enlisted. Seventeen will very soon enlist the other 12 members. That's the end of that.

• First of all, 2 of them are Chinese so they won't enlist at all.

Second, with the door for exemption now reopened, they will at least try to save a few members.

Also BSS members are a bit younger so they can try to extend enlistment till 2025-6 and hope for a change of things.

It is not the end of it.

SKZ has 2 Australian members, who would rather leave Korea than enlist, and since SKZ derives most of its income outside of Korea, JYP will at least save them unlike Bang.

• When most of them, Korean born citizens, are enlisted, that will be the end of the bickering. Wouldn't that be nice for a change? Who's talking about SKZ?

• Horrible treatment by clowns 🤡🤡🤡 shouldn't be reciprocated. Yoongi nor scoups are laughing their injuries their pain their struggles those are real things and shouldn't be played with. Each fan guilty of this should stand before both idols to be slapped into next week for it and Banished from ever even being called a army or whatever fandoms they come from. Fuck people like that.

This shit is beyond pathetic this is like some dumbasses sitting in a hospital lobby trying to say the peron with cancer and the other with heart failure should be fighting over which illness sucks more 🤡 like what who does that? Nobody

• Horrible treatment by clowns 🤡🤡🤡 shouldn't be reciprocated. Yoongi nor scoups are laughing their injuries their pain their struggles those are real things and shouldn't be played with. Each fan guilty of this should stand before both idols to be slapped into next week for it and Banished from ever even being called a army or whatever fandoms they come from. Fuck people like that.

This shit is beyond pathetic this is like some dumbasses sitting in a hospital lobby trying to say the peron with cancer and the other with heart failure should be fighting over which illness sucks more 🤡 like what who does that? Nobody

Horrible treatment and trash talking shouldn't have been started and should not have been reciprocated. Absolutely! I completely and wholeheartedly agree.

Carats deameaning and trashing Yoongi for enlisting in the social service for a desk job and Armys discrediting SCoups injury resulting in his exemption should never have happened. Do you know who does that? Those fucking keyboard warriors. No one will do that in person. No one will have the guts.

• Which basically proves that all the uproar about BTS' military service was just envy and jealousy by less successful Korean men who wanted to bring them down.

🤡🤡🤡🤡 STFU about this stuff if you aren't a man or Korean. You know nothing. This was not about their success or contributions or people being jealous 🤡. The reasons this all came up has to do with the past and alot of cultural baggage from the early 70s upward. But you wouldn't know about any of that or the previous rulers in Korea. Idol life was always looked at unfavorably as not "a real job" because of the fact many powerful people and celebrities got waay too much special treatment over the hard working citizens of the nation who had to bear everything from war to famine to atrocities like the gwangju massacre some of these events are less than 40yrs ago so very fresh in people's minds that idols today from these areas were themselves or know family that was directed affected by it .

It was not uncommon for celebrities to get exemption or some form of special military service and didn't have to do anything, this happened with actors and idols once hence why soo many people always held a negative image of them. This has lead to serious rifts in society hence why today the military doesn't exempt anyone including BTS, people who were angry about it were mostly older generations because they feared a possible return to the old ways that Everyone strived to move away from.

The debate about exemption was never about their accomplishments or being jealous it was about being fair to everyone in society.

Because once you open that door anyone can claim it and say xyz is more deserving.

BTS has made great accomplishments here, but in the same vain i could say well I didn't make billions of dollars but I did invent a smaller portable AED my invention likely has saved thousands of lives and is undoubtedly more important than someone guys making music and $$$$. But no everyone still had to serve regardless of this so in the end no exemption was a way to appease everyone by keeping things fair.

• Fair for Taylor Swift, who regained her empire and expanded it all the way to world domination, and the country singers who now have carved enough niche to prevent any domination by a KPop act impossible.

The lack of outrage by Korean incels over S.Coups' exemption proves that it was all envy and jealousy and the desire to bring down someone successful, nothing more, nothing else.

Not if the cancer patient is the Emperor of the World and the heart failure is like some vassal in a less significant territory

• when its bts, everyone wants to take them down! No way should they even be considered for exemption!!

When its some nugu.. its like whatever! 🤷‍♀️

Every label, bg, gg wants bts out of sight so that they can somehow claimed to be the 'next bts'

They have tried since jun 2022... its now mac 2024...

Bts will be back as a group in 15 mths, and no group has yet to touch bts 2018 achievements!! ( except njs in some korean charts records)

Time is running out for them!

Im glad tannies served and they are thriving...

It was the best decision for them..

Imo,Bts are born in the wrong country and s korea dont deserve them...

• seventeen outsold BTS' s peak in 2023 and SKZ is not too far behind

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!