All the talk about big company privilege.

• Seriously what should these companies do? Send all their trainees back home? Should they stop auditions ?

Should the idols who got in feel ashamed that they picked a company with privilege? Or better should these companies close down cause they gained privilege through years of debuting successful Groups, because it’s unfair ?

For many

big company (especially Big3)= not hardworking, have no struggles.

Some of you act as if these Idols were born in those companies. I guess that they faint on stage, get injured or have to sit out promotions because of psychological/mental issues is just hallucination. lol

We all know this privilege exist, but some are using it in a way to discredit these successful Groups. A big company privilege can only do as much, the rest completely depends on the Group. It’s not their fault that they got selected and other trainees not.

• Official Post

Did someone imply that they should all pack up and go home because of Big 3 privilege? I'm sorry, I'm confused, but this sounds a bit extreme.

Big 3 privilege exists, it confers advantages that can and do modify elements in the equation of success for groups that come out of these companies. The modified elements do not automatically equal success, though they can be advantageous to incurring that result. That's it. I don't think anyone is asking them to exit stage right?

• I don't think anyone is saying that idols from Big 3 aren't working and sacrificing just as much as non-Big 3 idols :whatr: If anything, because these companies are more established, they are probably less flexible toward their trainees and young idols.

The only difference is that by being in a Big 3 ( + BH ) label, these hardships are most likely to pay off and these idols are more likely to succeed, because they have proper promotion and industry support.

• no need to stop working lol. Thats too much and I don't think anyone says that.

Being in big 3 brings visibility , we have seen that .

Ggs get more general public (aespa, ITZY)

While bgs get some fandom ( nct, treasure , skz - all these groups had shows and their companies are atleast one of the reason why ppl checked those shows and then txt without any such show)

Agreeing to the privilege would be fine.

Txt and moa both know that .

• What :eyes:? That’s like one of the most common shade thrown at them lol

If people actually say that, then they are wrong, and these people probably wouldn't last one week as a trainee for a Big 3 company, lol. Every idols are hard-working. Unfortunately, hard work doesn't always lead to success. Kudos to Big 3 idols if they are more chance to do well.

But sometimes people will get hang up on the weirdest things, like youtube ads and stuff. There is nothing wrong with having a company able to support you. The kpop industry is awful enough as it is.

• Did someone imply that they should all pack up and go home because of Big 3 privilege? I'm sorry, I'm confused, but this sounds a bit extreme.

Big 3 privilege exists, it confers advantages that can and do modify elements in the equation of success for groups that come out of these companies. The modified elements do not automatically equal success, though they can be advantageous to incurring that result. That's it. I don't think anyone is asking them to exit stage right?

I was obviously being sarcastic here.

:pepefacepalm:

A lot like to bring it up all the time especially to discredit Groups.

• big company privileges does exist anyone who denies it is lying

but it can only help u to some extent

all the big 3 companies have flop groups too

i m more interested in finding out why bp is constantly singled out for being privileged when they probably benefitted the least from it

EXO IS COMING TO SERVE YALL COSMIC LATTE - Random - OneHallyu

• if people need to start from accepting that the privileges exist, i should say that how about people accept and admits that some of yall used privileges to shit on others first too. Some of those people are here.

Edited once, last by YohY ().

• i m more interested in finding out on why bp is constantly singled out for being privileged when they probably benefitted the least from it

BP and Blinks really be experiencing YG anti-privilege :pepe-toast: Where you get shit on for being from a big company and are put in a dungeon 300 days per years.

• i m more interested in finding out why bp is constantly singled out for being privileged when they probably benefitted the least from it

They come for BP because they are the biggest act out from the Big3 at the moment, yet got the least comebacks, content and promotions. So in conclusion they achieved all this because of privilege, I wonder this ain’t the case for the other YG groups who suffered hard after being on hiatus.

• Official Post

I was obviously being sarcastic here.

:pepefacepalm:

A lot like to bring it up all the time especially to discredit Groups.

Oh... ok. What is this about then?

Yes Big 3 Privilege exists

Yes people will bring it up because it alters the equation

No it doesn't automatically mean success

If success is an open road, then BIG 3 pays more money to fix the potholes. Everyone travels it, but fixing the "speed bumps" helps move things right along.

• They come for BP because they are the biggest act out from the Big3 at the moment, yet got the least comebacks, content and promotions. So in conclusion they achieved all this because of privilege, I wonder this ain’t the case for the other YG groups who suffered hard after being on hiatus.

I can readily accept that the girls r obviously privileged compared to non big 3 groups but compared to sm and jyp ggs theyre the ones who benefit the least yet the ones who get dragged the most

All of ygs groups took a hit after the burning sun scandal if youre still running around saying that bp is only succesful becuz theyre from yg than :pepenomad:

• I think what everyone wants is for the fans to admit that there are privileges for trainee and idols from Big3 (and Hybe). That’s it. Don’t need to try and justify about it’s harder to get in, etc. Admit and move on.

A good examples are MOAs. They know TxT has the initial BTS privilege and they admitted that. Nobody got hurt, because it was the truth. And now TxT are slowly but surely getting recognition by their own merit and hard work. End of story. Even Twice and ITZY are from the Big3 but everyone knows they work hard too..

It’s the defensive stance of some Big3 fans that make this a never ending bicker contest. No one was looking down on those idols, the fans made it to be an issue.

• While I somewhat agree with the statement I don't know if you truly understand how much difference that privilege makes. Basically, debuting in a big 3 company means exposure which equals money, some trainees can built a considerable fandom years before debut, there's plenty of groups full of talented and pretty people that no one has heard of because of it. The companies can afford to be far more selective in ways to promote their groups, if you've seen variety shows, they treat rookies from smaller companies like trash, at least they used to. 90% of the time, debuting in big 3 means a long running career, basically you're set for life and most importantly they get paid. Imagine working your butt off for 2-3 years and not seeing a penny. Now, you can't help but wonder if the groups would have been just as successful had they not debuted in a big 3 company.

• LMAO, I bet y'all forget how half of your asses compare BIG3 idols with NON-BIG3 by criticizing the idols for small things and conclude they are not up to the standard. BIG3 privilege does exist and it starts from the debut but I do agree with OP that their hardships are often ignored just because they have the tag of PRIVILEGE. Even during pre-debut when most of the trainees who are underage are scrutinized by the public, no one can imagine the pain these kids go through.

• It’s the defensive stance of some Big3 fans that make this a never ending bicker contest. No one was looking down on those idols, the fans made it to be an issue.

You said it “defensive” :-)

If certain Groups wouldn’t be under constant attack with this, their fans wouldn’t be defensive.

It’s true no one was looking down on them until they started breaking records.

• Why are some in here talking about if privilege exist or not or if fans deny it or not ? That’s not the point of my thread

Like did y’all ignored this part ? ?(

For many

Some of you act as if these Idols were born in those companies.

• Are you denying that TXT also comes from privilege? BigHit is a huge company not a nugu company now. TXT got huge exposure simply from being from BigHit and BTS junior group. There are more BH company stans here than any other company stans.

• Official Post

Are you denying that TXT also comes from privilege? BigHit is a huge company not a nugu company now. TXT got huge exposure simply from being from BigHit and BTS junior group. There are more BH company stans here than any other company stans.

I think you read that wrong? Pretty sure she is saying TXT and MOA acknowledge their privilege too. Here:

Agreeing to the privilege would be fine.

Txt and moa both know that .

• You said it “defensive” :-)

If certain Groups wouldn’t be under constant attack with this, their fans wouldn’t be defensive.

It’s true no one was looking down on them until they started breaking records.

Some people do have this “me” mentality. If you step back and say “it’s not about me, or my idols”, and move on, life will be much easier. And usually it really wasn’t about “you” at all.

And do you really need that validation from others about how hard it was for your idols? As long as the fandom knows and appreciate it, who cares what others say.

• Are you denying that TXT also comes from privilege? BigHit is a huge company not a nugu company now. TXT got huge exposure simply from being from BigHit and BTS junior group. There are more BH company stans here than any other company stans.

I think perhaps you misread it. TXT, unlike other bgs mentioned who had shows and thus were known before debut (I guess survival shows and the like? not sure but that's my understanding of how it was written), also have privilege but their privilege stems from being the only other bg from BH and having as their seniors BTS.

I don't think they've ever denied their privilege.

• And do you really need that validation from others about how hard it was for your idols? As long as the fandom knows and appreciate it, who cares what others say.

:eyes:

I want to say something, but I better keep to myself lol.

No I don’t need that validation, but I don’t need others to shove it into other peoples throat all the time either.

• i guess the constant hate for aespa ever since they're announced is also Big3 privillege.

But seriously, more attention comes with more hates. It can go either way. If your group isnt good enough, aint nobody gonna eat it despite from Big3.

• Saying nobody denies Big3/4 privileges is really a joke. Maybe you could check this thread and see the number of people who liked op's post: Here is why saying "big 3 privilege" is stupid af

OP said non-big 3 idols don't have star quality but I supposed it is not shade and you don't see any problem with that.

Some posts:

big 3 privilege is bullshit imo

yeah many people will check their debut but with that, they will receive a lot of hate as well

and considering the fact that it is much more difficult to debut in a big 3 company than in a medium/small company, I can't see much advantage

like, what big 3 companies can do for their groups that medium-sized companies like Cube, Pledis, Starship etc ... can't?

But that doesn't mean there is a such thing as big 3 privilege.

In fact people who deny company privileges are the ones who make it about hard work while those who say they exist mostly say it is a matter of ressources and connections.

Some people also say non-big 3 idols are less talented and were all rejected by big 3 companies but you can still believe only big3 idols are shaded if it fits your narrative.

• This.

I mostly saw the opposite of what OP was saying : 'Big 3 privilege doesn't exist, the reason my faves are more successful is because they work harder and are more talented than yours'. Which is dumb. At equal work, it's possible that a lot of Big 3 groups wouldn't have been successful in a smaller company. Which wouldn't take away ANY of these groups's merits.

This is a very 'success stan' mindset, but like, in reverse, lol. People should be happy that their favorite group is getting some help from the industry, jeez.

• Oh... ok. What is this about then?

You didn’t read my OP thanks for clarifying. It’s about people ignoring the hardships these Idols are also going through, implying that just because they are from a big company, they got everything served on a silver tablet and don’t need to work for things. I even admitted the privilege so obviously it’s not about denying it :rolleyes:

For many

Some of you act as if these Idols were born in those companies. I guess that they faint on stage, get injured or have to sit out promotions because of psychological/mental issues is just hallucination. lol

• Official Post

Damn, lonelymoon brought the receipts.

Point blank, the receipts show that this really isn't a one sided debate as some try to make it seem and both sides will use arguments that seem to directly or indirectly shade other idols regardless of whether or not it was intended that way.

Can we keep it civil? History sadly doesn't bear out.

• Official Post

You didn’t read my OP thanks for clarifying. It’s about people ignoring the hardships these Idols are also going through, implying that just because they are from a big company, they got everything served on a silver tablet and don’t need to work for things. I even admitted the privilege so obviously it’s not about denying it :rolleyes:

No, I read it, but it seemed very extreme - as I pointed out in my response. You even admitted that it was an exaggeration, so I'm not sure how this becomes "you didn't read my OP". I certainly did.

• The whole big 3 privilege can only do so much and it doesn't guarantee success. We can use blackpink and winner/ ikon as an example they are from YG but only blackpink is actually the most successful from YG despite having less promotions than them . They all had "privileges" but does't mean they are all gonna become successful and benefit from being from YG. It's a case by case basis.

I actually think being from YG (at the moment )is an obstacle if anything for all Yg artists YGE has bad reputation literally knetz call them kids from the pharmacy or something lol

• This thread contains 95 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!