IU's new tracklist revealed (feat NJ's Hyein)

• Double title track "Shopper" and "Dandelion Spore" and one of the bsides features Hyein!

IMG_8306.jpeg

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ???? Not me thinking special narr was an artist

External Content x.com

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I remember watching IU praise hye In's voice.

Yes! She was so impressed when she heard Hyein sing live on Palette.

External Content x.com

• External Content x.com

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I remember watching IU praise hye In's voice.

Exactly what I wanted to say. I knew this collab is about to happen when I watched IU's "Palette" episode with NewJeans.

"Can't wait" to see people saying IU using NewJeans after BTS to boost her career.🤣

Translated version:

External Content twitter.com

• what's in the Moomoo water lately :pepe-hips:

I understand almost all bunnies will disagree with me. But what's the point with Mamamoo here ?

I think that this collaboration brings nothing from an artistic point of view and is simply done from a marketing and promotional point of view and I hate this prospect. We've been waiting for an IU album for a long time, my expectations are obviously high.

• I understand almost all bunnies will disagree with me. But what's the point with Mamamoo here ?

I think that this collaboration brings nothing from an artistic point of view and is simply done from a marketing and promotional point of view and I hate this prospect. We've been waiting for an IU album for a long time, my expectations are obviously high.

I really can't imagine why you would feel that way but to each their own

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I understand almost all bunnies will disagree with me. But what's the point with Mamamoo here ?

This featuring is not surprising if one watched when NJ guested on palette. To reduce it to just being for marketing is kinda disrespectful to IU herself, whatever your personal feelings on nj or its members are. Was eight just for marketing as well? Palette? LWA?

• IU comments on the track list on her instagram

[IU IG Story] 240205

Shopper: Paroxysm of dopamine

홀씨: This one goes crazy
    Shh..: Shockingly cool

Love wins all: Precious but strong

I stan U: UAENAs are gonna love this

External Content twitter.com

• I really can't imagine why you would feel that way

First world tour was annouced, with the album comeback. We got first the MV with BTS V (why not a nice collab and the MV was good), and now it's a collab with a NJ member. She can do collabs with absolutely anyone in the industry, but she chooses the two most popular at the moment internationally (and also nationally) but you really don't see the twist?

Was eight just for marketing as well? Palette? LWA?

it's in no way comparable, when G dragon and Suga did a collab with IU they were confirmed and experienced artists. They're also two good rappers who really brought something to music, be honest, you really don't think that singer-level she couldn't find much better in terms of quality?

Her choice fell on a singer from the group NewJeans, it's her choice. But I also have the right to think that she could have found something better. Maybe when the song comes out I'll reconsider and love the song, but we'll see at that point.

To reduce it to just being for marketing is kinda disrespectful to IU herself

Disrespectful ? Singer is her job so yes she makes money and promotion as an artist. There is nothing disrespectful about not being in phase with certain choices of one of your favorite artists.

• IU has always collabed with popular artists. I just don't see why you think the collab is automatically going to be lacking because Hyein is in it.

IU herself is no Ailee, she's pretty average skill wise and utilizes style more than technical skill. Hyein has a nice tone and good foundation for singing, most of which doesn't get showcased a lot in NewJeans.

I just don't see her compromising quality for hype, especially at this point in her career

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• First world tour was annouced, with the album comeback. We got first the MV with BTS V (why not a nice collab and the MV was good), and now it's a collab with a NJ member. She can do collabs with absolutely anyone in the industry, but she chooses the two most popular at the moment internationally (and also nationally) but you really don't see the twist?

Yes! Pretty smart business wise. Ppl don't give IU enough credit for her business savvy moves sometimes

• I just don't see why you think the collab is automatically going to be lacking because Hyein is in it.

IU herself is no Ailee, she's pretty average skill wise and utilizes style more than technical skill.

As I told you in the very first message of our exchange, I understand that you, as a fan of new jeans, have a very different vision from mine.

For me she is too inexperienced and will not bring much. What I like in collabs is precisely when the two artists bring their artistic touch to the song and here I have doubts on this point. I hope I'm wrong because I'm impatiently awaiting the album, but I prefer to expose my doubts now and potentially have a good surprise. Rather than telling myself ok let's wait and see, and being a little disappointed on the day.

• It comes to Le Sserafim in Feb to dethrone the 1,345 years old singer.

• She clearly loved hyeins voice, and thats the reason she is on this track, its that simple. If she wanted to maximise clout (which is what you are saying basically), there are many that have much bigger individual name recognition than Hyein that she could have collaborated with.

You of course have the right to think/feel whatever you want, but i find it strange that here's the first proper comeback in three years almost that, she has clearly worked hard for, and instead of being happy with that as a fan, the first thing that comes to mind is to post a negative comment about a song thats not even a title track because of who its featuring without even having heard it.

And its a b-side thats not only featuring hyein but two other persons as well, one of which is a senior female singer which was big in the 90s, making this a three generation song with at least two women, something we never had before from IU.

But there's probably no point in arguing this further here, I guess im just a bit shocked as i was not really expecting this kind of response from you.

• As I told you in the very first message of our exchange, I understand that you, as a fan of new jeans, have a very different vision from mine.

For me she is too inexperienced and will not bring much. What I like in collabs is precisely when the two artists bring their artistic touch to the song and here I have doubts on this point. I hope I'm wrong because I'm impatiently awaiting the album, but I prefer to expose my doubts now and potentially have a good surprise. Rather than telling myself ok let's wait and see, and being a little disappointed on the day.

Would you be commenting and saying the same things if let's say an ITZY member collabs with IU? ;judgingpepe:

• but i find it strange that here's the first proper comeback in three years almost that, she has clearly worked hard for, and instead of being happy with that as a fan

I think we have a misunderstood, I have doubts about this collaboration. Of course, just like you, I'm absolutely impatient for the release of the album and I'm happy to listen to it.

Like i said I prefer to expose my doubts now and potentially have a good surprise. IU is one of the 3 artists I listen to the most so my standards and my expectations with her are always very high because I always have a lot of love for her work. But when you have enormous love it’s also a double-edged sword. Maybe emotionally I'm doing a little too much because I expect a lot.

• The disappointing part about all this isnt that she chose Hyein or V for the MV for LWA.

The disappointing part is that IU has so much clout, wouldnt it have been better for her to use that clout to help an up and coming nugu singer/idol? Like Hyein and V obviously dont need her clout. In fact, you could argue that IU is using them as mediaplay to help boost her sales/charting. It's like the rich are just getting richer, how about helping others climb up instead? :pepe-shrug:

Imagine if IU chose someone like mah girl Yuri, someone from a tiny label who would benefit so much more from IU. Someone that actually makes sense stylistically. Someone who is literally IU's daughter when it comes to vocal tone and talent.

External Content youtu.be

• This thread contains 22 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!