Who was bigger, Suzy or yoona?

• Okay, someone sparked a discussion of who’s bigger in my thread, so I was wondering do you guys think is bigger. I thought Suzy was bigger during her prime, but yoona is better known today, but I could be wrong.

• I can't believe you did this thread kkkkk cool

In this one I think it's Suzy. In her prime she received a national title kkkkk and now she is still more successful as an actress.

Omgggg I forgot she received a national title. Yeah nvm I definitely think she’s bigger

• difficult comparison bc yoona is known as SNSD yoona while suzy is known as nation’s first love suzy. i’d say suzy is bigger in terms of her brand and gp interest/love in her prime and today. suzy was ranked in the top 10 of a korea poll “most liked sk celebs” with the likes of yoo jaesuk and bts. however yoona’s fandom is definitely bigger.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• I can't believe you did this thread kkkkk cool

In this one I think it's Suzy. In her prime she received a national title kkkkk and now she is still more successful as an actress.

Yes kkkk this just proves how her prime was!!!

And nowadays her dramas are more successful then Yoona's. I think she is more consistent with her works. She knows how to choose a project!

Omgggg I forgot she received a national title. Yeah nvm I definitely think she’s bigger

Actually, in SNSD's and Yoona's peak years, Yoona got quite some 'Nation's' titles, people tend to forget or ignore them, but they were quite a number:

- Nation's Face

- Nation's Hallyu Queen/Goddess

- Nation's Ideal Type

- Nation's Visual

- Nation's Center

- Nation's Daughter-in-Law

- Nation's Sister-in-Law

- Nation's True First Love

- Nation's First Love (a title Yoona got first, then Suzy was given it too, a bunch of other people also got this title)

- Nation's It Girl (a title that was given to Yoona, Suzy and Seolhyun)

Of course, Yoona's always known as 'SNSD's Yoona' because SNSD were at as high a top tier pedestal as the Nation's Girl Group with other members doing spectacularly too, while the gap between Suzy's popularity and Miss A's popularity was far larger.

There were even a couple of years that Suzy carried JYPE through difficult times, a fact that JYP even admitted and thanked Suzy for. Such was never the case for Yoona, that Yoona had to hard carry the company.

As for Yoona's acting, she had great success with her latest film EXIT, a year which delivered her several acting awards as welll.

But for tv series, it's true that Suzy has had better luck with them.

Overall, due to SNSD's mega popularity, Yoona was more popular on an international scale during SNSD's active years, but Suzy had more success with her individual non-Miss A, non-idol projects and was better known and recognised for them.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Thanks for your text, but I still believe Suzy was and is bigger than Yoona. Suzy national title is still talked about to this day. She is still appreciated and from what I see gp still talks a lot about how Suzy was such a nice and hardworking girl and how she became such a beautiful young lady with an amazing career.

Yoona did had titles, but where are they right now? They somehow was passed to others idols, Suzy just had one and it's still with her.

Both are extremely successful with Yoona having more "fans" while Suzy literally has more support through the gp.

About tv/series this here is what makes Suzy even more well known. She did series with super popular actors and she got attention and interest from a lot of people bc of this. She is successful!

• Thanks for your text, but I still believe Suzy was and is bigger than Yoona. Suzy national title is still talked about to this day. She is still appreciated and from what I see gp still talks a lot about how Suzy was such a nice and hardworking girl and how she became such a beautiful young lady with an amazing career.

Yoona did had titles, but where are they right now? They somehow was passed to others idols, Suzy just had one and it's still with her.

Both are extremely successful with Yoona having more "fans" while Suzy literally has more support through the gp.

About tv/series this here is what makes Suzy even more well known. She did series with super popular actors and she got attention and interest from a lot of people bc of this. She is successful!

Eh, that's incorrect: most titles never got a follow up, Yoona was and is still the only one who got most of them, no one after her got them.

I think you also forget how popular and wellknown Yoona has been in SK the past decade, she has been doing well in brand rankings over the past 10 years, and her last movie was a success as well.

But yes, overall Suzy has had more success with the series she acted in.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Yoona by far

she had SNSD popularity

and she is know in Korea as the hallyu goddess, National visual

without mentionning that Yoona career is also bigger, her chinese drama was a bigg success, her last Movie Exit was one of the biggest Movie in Korea

and she also played in You're my destiny, who's definitely a bigger drama than any of the Drama Suzy play in

she's also the longest model for one of the biggest Korean brand , innisfree

she also won more award for her actress career than Suzy

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Eh, that's incorrect: most titles never got a follow up, Yoona was and is still the only one who got most of them, no one after her got them.

I think you also forget how popular and wellknown Yoona has been in SK the past decade, she has been doing well in brand rankings over the past 10 years, and her last movie was a success as well.

But yes, overall Suzy has had more success with the series she acted in.

Oh, I know how successful Yoona is and she is a wall outside S.K. in this dispute fandom wise, but in S.K. I do think Suzy is bigger.

• If we're talking South Korea and idols from groups only Lee Hyori has been bigger than Suzy.

Yoona had a few years on top before Suzy blew up/had her debut.

Even now Suzy was 6th on last years Gallup for TV actors whereas for 2019 (when Exit was released) Yoona didn't make the top 22 (who had >1%) for the actors list.

• huh pretty sure suzy has more award than yoona for actress career.

• Suzy was bigger, she was everywhere, she had so many cfs people would see her face everywhere...

Also Suzy wasn't just an it girl, she was known as nation first love.

• Suzy was bigger, she was everywhere, she had so many cfs people would see her face everywhere...

Also Suzy wasn't just an it girl, she was known as nation first love.

Ah, but Yoona was given the same title of Nation's First Love before Suzy, and additionally she got a whole set of other titles that were only ever given to Yoona and no one else:

- Nation's Face

- Nation's Hallyu Queen/Goddess

- Nation's Ideal Type

- Nation's Visual

- Nation's Center

- Nation's Daughter-in-Law

- Nation's Sister-in-Law

;-)

But yes, Suzy did have more individual CF deals in her peak years than Yoona did, that's right.

SWJ1P.gif

• I know

But Suzy was bigger, probably because she got huge with Architecture 101

• Cmiiw, but majority of these titles are fanmade. Can you provide some sources? Also, when did Yoona get the NFL title? I don't remember a single credible source calling her that.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!