[theqoo] (G)I-DLE's Miyeon performance from MBC Drama Awards deleted on Naver + Miyeon posts apologize on IG saying she was nervous

• AVvXsEgXYNxFIWFAv7iKmZO8a3FqepxLkhKp2OtaAfX9mrbe-0TCBkYQwjKNjkZqgJSWBijvMsQO3bGHDmeyznQ2yuLiVT8xncK_oN3j3CIAznIXQOK-NWB9_WOKbLZooFRl-BcUsfTp9qveemEv50_Vdd_oWomxh2z7fOndjd29tgH9rl54vPC1LpOTun3sNww=s16000

The Painted On The Moonlight - Miyeon

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

AVvXsEhgXNJSFJc-fuvVfkJTRlMMpWFX2ynSr6drtkp38PwUCM6WK9jUr-_Fl-PH8DrSOhUvRvtsLyjf9swLk4Cli3KkmYTba7X6QRqQwpqPlY07sGAVHg1l0O7XZeZRBGGHZ5H6keNZ-73uFfcTwviPDuzpiGFNK5--WctO4DdRzT7CFpVfAfcpCqvfx39yHXI=s16000

(G)i-dle miyeon sang the OST for My Dearest but they just removed the stage...
    The comments on Naver are all going crazy but it seems like they just removed it for a little while

original post: here

1. She must've been so nervous on her own, but I wouldn't say she failed her stage

2. This was worse than Park Jinyoung's performance... And Park Jinyoung was also dancing on top of it

3. Because of her talented image, in comparison, it was bad

4. I wouldn't say it was that bad..

4. She must've been so nervous

5. That was bad...

6. It's true that she was bad, but I don't think she deserves that much hate? I feel bad for her ㅠ

7. No but this was so bad...

8. Honestly, I wouldn't say she did extremely well, but it's way better than those singers who only sing on top of AR

9. Please we need to bring back the real live culture

10. Huh...? She wasn't as bad as to deserve all these swears in the comments....???? No matter how different people's judging criteria are

11. Honestly she was fine, it was totally live

12. This is supposed to be her own song though, interesting

13. The hate comments here are too severe ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Plase stop hurting her..

14. You're telling me that's the singer of the original song???

15. You're telling me she's a main vocal???

16. I don't think she's bad, but she's not worthy of a solo satge..

17. Honestly, as a main vocal, this was so so

18. No but how bad was it that they ended up deleting it..

19. I don't think she sucked? She looked more nervous

20. Hmmm...

AVvXsEjItIneoAsDamMzEycgXnA3IWjcRXIzAwsCKboF-xre7ahwRHg-2WWwPk0rjm86wMfGdWycS_wzkGYdV3L6E2lDAnOTJh4fZWcoDYxrLpJmt1Q2pc2sXaJSTBkHx77fZdP--BhvIcLsYUwhAu_yFdK1bsfe9gopjl1oRs2seqtOdzSxlydlP1yQHDZJANg=s16000

"To the viewers of MBC Drama awards... And the Neverlands...
    I was honored to be able to stand on that stage to perform my congratulatory performance,
    and I was so happy to be able to sing a song that I love so much
    But because of my nervousness, my pitch/tune... Was seriously in big trouble
    I was monitoring (the performance afterwards) and got so shocked
    I'm so sorry to the people who were disappointed by the congratulatory stage
    and I will become a Miyeon who works harder in the future
    I also had fun in the Drama awards, thank you for being there with me"

Looks like she was upset at herself ㅠㅠ

original post: here

1. I knew she was good, and she seemed indeed very nervous, please don't worry too much about it

2. She worked hard, next time, she'll be even better

3. She did fine though??

4. Yeah... Find strength

5. Fighting, I can't believe people even complain in real lives..

5. She's usually good though, fighting

6. Let's do better next time, fighting

7. I liked it though, fighting

8. Looks like people have higher standards for her because she's talented ㅠㅠ She did well..

9. This happens, this is way better than the kids who are mouthing their lyrics pretending like it's live

10. I knew she's good usually... She must be so upset ㅠㅠ

• Heartbreaking to see her feel bad about it.. She's my bias in G-IDLE :holding-back-tears:

This is probably a downside of doing too many prerecorded or loud backtrack performances. She's also been quite busy for a long time now MC'ing and doing variety shows so I can kind of understand getting complacent over time.

I just hope she doesn't start fearing singing live because of this. I get that she's nervous but that in itself is a problem, a main vocal can't be nervous about singing. There's really no other solution but to practice more and then sing live more.

• This is how almost everyone sounds truly live if they're nervous.

We've been so conditioned to listen to autotuned vocals and loud backtracks that the sound of an actual human being singing sounds off to us.

This doesnt impact how i feel about Miyeon, not only is she in the highest tier of visuals, she is also in the highest tier of vocals for me, i value vocal color over vocal technique. And her tone is so unique, so distinctive unlike 98 percent of the rest of Kpop, that it will take a lot for me to bring her down a tier.

• It was ok.

Better than a group lip-syncing in perfect pitch every single note, and their company astroturfing they are live.

One of your best comments yet tbh. The amount of times i see fan comments on Kpop vids screaming about their faves singing live and sounding so good...omg, it just makes me realize that they have all grown up in the age of autotune and backtracks and dont have a clue what a real human voice sounds like, esp one that is forced to do choreo at the same time.

There is a reason why you never see literal legends like Pavarotti doing the running man while singing Nessun Dorma.

Below is what a live performance with some backtracks thrown in sounds like. Singers will almost always sing flat when they're live and esp when they have to focus on choreo. Plus the obvious shakiness and inability to support their vocals while dancing, they end up having to shout sing. All in all Stayc did a wonderful job given the difficulty of this song and them having to dance while doing it.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not good but also not horrible. Seems like she didn't know how she sounded either. Not many of the vocals I've seen that prioritize a style are exceptionally skilled outside of Ladies Code Sojung or Baek Yerin. Miyeon is fine as a singer

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICAMEOVVMOO DENGNEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

931b476a8845696cee12b516765672754bc2ee4c.gifv98293eb140ef688be6c42c2b6153aa09fd3690bb.gifve10a81d25b0259bbebe35411de65baa3b0cbab61.gifv

• How tf do Sieun and Yoon sound even better during all those chest contractions :pepe-shoooketh:

• How tf do Sieun and Yoon sound even better during all those chest contractions :pepe-shoooketh:

Facts. They sound effortless with their upper register belting.

99 percent of idols cant do this live, which i'm fine with, i dont mind lip syncing or loud backtracks. What i do object to are fans listening to obvious lip sync or loud backtrack stages and then praising them for having "insane vocals omg" . :smirks2:

• I guess it's easier to sing in a group.

She just needs to practice more and she'll get better.

I remember Seulgi being so nervous at her first concert solo performance.

15-year-old BoA faced the same thing in Japan so it's normal.

External Content youtu.be

• Isa is sush an underrated vocal ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!