So, in conclusion, what Blackpink fans and akgaes preach about the mismanagement of the girls is indeed true?

• So, no one renewed their individual contract, meaning it's obvious that even the girls are dissatisfied with the restrictions that YG puts on them. Not even one of them feels the company is good enough to handle their individual careers, lol. Have we ever had this situation before, where no one is renewing their contract, yet the company is still handling their group's schedule and name?

I won't blame any of them if they feel tired of being idols, as in the past 7 years, they haven't really worked like typical idols. Some of them might have lost that spark for music after being in the dungeon for too long. They already waiting a long time for their debut, and there's a huge gap between each of their album release too. That can easily make anyone fall out of love with something they once enjoyed. I still remember Jennie feeling helpless when fans asked when they would come back, as the girls didn't even know the answer. This was back in 2017; they probably felt tired of YG already.

• They're tired of YG, not of music.

if there's one thing I hope for the next year, they'll make everyone that's ever doubted them, their talent or their passion eat their words, whether as 4 individuals or 1 group

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• boo! We don’t want to be a cult like fan group

• or maybe the problem is actually sharing?

by that I mean sharing money with agency after doing individual promotions

because why would you need to?

the musical ones I get

but for modeling? ads?

YG should get max 5-10% from it and that's all

but knowing how it is in kpop labels they could even get half of that money which is ridiculous

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nobody gonna read this whole essay boo...

I just saw a glimpse of the word Army there and decided to not take whatever you say seriously...

• They're tired of YG, not of music.

if there's one thing I hope for the next year, they'll make everyone that's ever doubted them, their talent or their passion eat their words, whether as 4 individuals or 1 group

Hence, I said 'might' and 'if.' If Jisoo seriously wants to focus on her acting career solely or if Lisa wants to be a socialite, they deserve that, as from the beginning, making music was not their company's main goal for them. I have already seen some people ready to blame and drag them if Blackpink doesn't release new music and just uses their group name as a brand to push their individual careers. For me, it's okay for them to find a different path than music if they want to. They are capable of venturing into many things beyond music.

• Your threads are essays.

I just think Blinks have so much untapped potential, but they waste so much of their strength on meaningless stuff. Honestly painful to see as someone who became a Blink earlier than most.

Then your comment is a whole thesis lol.

It's genuinely one of YG's mismanagement issues, not entirely the fans' fault. Any fandom, would react similarly if their company followed YG's approach with Bp, infrequent comebacks and more focus on individual projects. Currently, even Bts's Akgaes becoming more vocal after the group pursued solo projects since last year, so imagine how Blinks need to deal with this for Bp entire careers.

• no because kpop has never really had a group where every single member is popular enough to go it alone.

Lol, that’s like every entertainment company, they will try and milk the SHIT out of fans even if the artist hasn’t renewed. It’s business 101 lol, nothing new. But the girls were at least clever enough to put up a front and renewed for the group activities on the pretence it was for the fans but actually it was to continue to milk the shit out of them 😂😂 I mean over the 7 years they’ve barely spent time together as a group due to the lack of comebacks, so they have no alliance to each other

• I think BP had the potential to become even bigger than they are.

I get that 'starving' fans is a strategy to make the next comeback more anticipated, but that would have worked with shorter gaps between comebacks and more individual activity. Doesn't need to be an overwhelming amount but it did seem to me that the girls were stifled with inertia while they have so much potential.

Perhaps I missed something, but seemed to me that Lisa had nothing much going on this year, until the end of contract when she did Crazy Horse, which she seems to have enjoyed and helped develop her further as an artist.

Am happy the girls are now free to explore their own things.

• So, no one renewed their individual contract, meaning it's obvious that even the girls are dissatisfied with the restrictions that YG puts on them. Not even one of them feels the company is good enough to handle their individual careers, lol. Have we ever had this situation before, where no one is renewing their contract, yet the company is still handling their group's schedule and name?

I won't blame any of them if they feel tired of being idols, as in the past 7 years, they haven't really worked like typical idols. Some of them might have lost that spark for music after being in the dungeon for too long. They already waiting a long time for their debut, and there's a huge gap between each of their album release too. That can easily make anyone fall out of love with something they once enjoyed. I still remember Jennie feeling helpless when fans asked when they would come back, as the girls didn't even know the answer. This was back in 2017; they probably felt tired of YG already.

I wanted this for the pinks so I'm happy that it's happening.

I hope that YG will let them do solo music under other labels or at least their own individual labels like OA for Jennie.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh wait nevermind I saw mistreatment somewhere in a comment

I ain't even quote it but whatever

My point was, is, and will always will be, that's just how YG operate. They ain't gonna change for nobody. Like bighit literally took ideas from fans when it came to promoting BTS. Some labels just know that they can't stick to their old ways and that they need to get with the times. Yg stay doing what they did before because the man probably lives by "if it ain't broke don't fix it" 😭

If anything it's unfortunate they debuted in YG, another label might've capitalised on their popularity but they wouldn't have been BP if they hadn't so...

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• Now, I'm confused about what you're trying to say. First, you compared Blinks to Armys, stating that Blinks have untapped potential. However, how can they unleash that potential without a constant groups activities to unite the fandom?

You mentioned YG giving the girls solo projects due to mistreatment complaints yet they didn't give a shit about the lacks of discography complaints? That's so funny. Lisa made 11.4 million usd just from her appearance in YWY. If YG can get this much from their cfs and brand deals alone without need to spend a huge amount of money, guess which narrative makes more sense?

Lastly, aren't you projecting your own desires here too as no one knows what happens. Comments can be right or wrong, and nobody knows except YG and the girls. At least now we all know that the girls themselves are not that satisfied with how YG managing their solo careers. Jennie even go as far as creating her own company when she can easily done that under YG.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!