Did YG manipulated Blackpink's born pink world tour numbers?

• In the middle of a little fanwar between onces and blinks about usual things like tour sold outs I took sometime to check born pink info to try to get anything for a gotcha moment and I found something very disturbing. In the kuala lumpur stop of the born pink tour you can clearly see how big portions of the stadium were empty but this concert was reported completely SOLD OUT by yg and reflected on touringdata reports, a concert which supposedly got 62K attendees and made $9M:

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.12.23-02_52_08.png

Fq1k2BYaIAAWk6n.jpg

There is tiktoks proving it during the concert too.

TikTok · lepmeran
    85.7K likes, 415 comments. “pink ocean 🖤💗”
    www.tiktok.com

And you can say, "hey what's fucking disturbing about this uhh?? :rolleyes: They barely got a few thousands less people than reported and they still made lot of millions so who cares?" Well not only yg uses this for mediaplay and blinks use it to attack other groups, but yg is doing something very serious by faking the final figures of those concerts and reporting they made certain money from it when is not true.

How the hell can yg go away lying like this? they can just fake shit and we have to accept it and bend reality to accommodate their lies? if they can lie about something so blatantly they can lie about anything, and I simply don't trust yg and this reaffirms I'm in the correct by doubting anything coming from such a nasty company.

So what do you think, this is some conspiracy theory or yg actually manipulates blackpink numbers to use them as mediaplay?

• a simple search will tell you the capacity can be 85,000 in that stadium.

This is what happens. First, seats are released which could be somewhere around 40-50k. When that is sold out, anything above that will be called sold out. Because the extra seats will be released next, doesn't mean it's not sold out. Whether u like it or not, that's how it is. Everyone in kpop does the same shit.

idiot go back to your cave.

r/malaysia - Bukit Jalil National Stadium attendance stats estimation for entertainment concerts till 2023

• I wish onces had brains.

It was sold out. The data released that YG has no control over shows that.

If you want mediaplay, look at Twice's photoshopped Marvel Stadium pics to hide the empty seats.

• shut TF up

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• I saw the troll OP, saw the immediate rage of his intended victims and couldn't resist lobbing a grenade into the battlefield

giphy.gif

• Oh I know onces are mad their girls can’t even sell out in their own country much less worldwide :suure:

This is funny for Sheeran reasons. Twice have sold out stadiums in other countries and Twice is a Japanese girl group so they also can sell out in their home country.

In your rush to attacking ignorance you become what you fight against. 😞 sad

• The time when YG lied about the Tour was when they included Hyde Park and Coachella numbers to their tour attendance.

When it comes to concerts, there are often some section that are blocked for various reasons, security, the stage not visible etc

Depending on the set-up the numbers of the seat will vary, but 62k for this stadium is a "normal" amount. They didn't seal off half of the venue to be able to say that they sold it out.

• How can an entire section between outher full sections simply be not available for sales?

• I do not know how touring numbers are collected whether it is the label or a third party that report these numbers.

Anyways the only lies YG has made was counting Coachella attendance as part of BP ongoing tour. That was just gross mediaplay

Hold on, what?? Is that 1.8 million number blinks are going with based on this?

• I know this is a troll thread, but seems a good opportunity to educate people here

Every touring producer does that

You can see many concerts in stadiums with 40k+ capacity selling ~23k tickets and being reported as "sold out"

Granted, if you only put 23k tickets available then it's sold out indeed

The point is sometimes the city just lack big arenas or stadiums with the exact number of tickets the artist can sell, or the specific stadium/arena is already booked, or the touring producer has a contract to a specific stadium. The reasons are many. São Paulo has Allianz Parque with ~42-46k capacity and it not uncommon to position the stage to transform the stadium in a half-arena for concerts with less than 20k capacity

Then the next question is "then why don't they put as much tickets as they can for sale instead of putting only 70% of capacity For sale?". Mostly because it's a offert-demand thing. If there are too many tickets available people won't rush to buy them thinking that are many available. Artificial scarcity is also used to increase tickets value close to the day of the concert. Some artists don't use fixed ticket prices, instead adjusting them by algorithms based on demand on online ticket stores

We also need to consider stage position here. We can't just adjust your concert seat distribution as you wish because sector's and the stage don't move like Magic. You also need to put in perspective sound and staff, hence, once you predefine how you will organize your concert some weeks before the concert itself it's already set on stone how the seats will be sold. If you miscalculated your demand and put the stage to close to the center of the stadium then too bad, your already lost many seats you can't possibly recover

• Dude, you are missing the point. Everyone knows how venue capacity works and how different acts have different sold out amounts in the same venue to due layout. However in the pic OP shared, you can see half empty sections. Which means section went for sale and wasn't fully sold out. This is different than just skipping sections entirely.

• Dude, you are missing the point. Everyone knows how venue capacity works and how different acts have different sold out amounts in the same venue to due layout. However in the pic OP shared, you can see half empty sections. Which means section went for sale and wasn't fully sold out. This is different than just skipping sections entirely.

There are two things:

- Sections can only go half on sale

- Peoplenoften organize to fill the best positions they can inside the half on sale section

In the video OP shared you can clearly see the fans in the outer ring of the stadium are purposefully avoiding a certain part of the stadium and instead concentrating themselves around it. It probably means their view from that point was shit, and as the outer ring was not fully put to be sold then they could seat whatever the fuck they want

• How about make a thread on the numerous unsold dates Twice has

Focus on streaming your favs flop ass cb and solo work that made no noise

Twice unsold dates were reported 95% sold or 98% sold, blackpink only sold like 90% of this venue and everyone when with it that it was 100% sold out, that's the point genius, there is nothing bad with not selling out 100% a venue, people who give importance to something so superficial like most blinks are not very bright.

The point is yg fake it and somehow manipulated the whole chain of reporting concerts process to make this fake sold out a thing, if they have such power is just concerning, nobody is surprised by yg lying about blackpink achievements, that's the mos normal thing in the world.

Found what the actual word is and that's not very nice of you mate

Right, is normal for yg to lie about things like this, like with their kyocera dome concerts where yg groups are the only ones capable of selling 55K tickets in a 45K seats capped venue, but those are mostly just press reports where they can lie without repercussions, this time they manipulated actual revenue reports and nobody checked if they were saying the truth, this is very concerning.

I do not know how touring numbers are collected whether it is the label or a third party that report these numbers.

Anyways the only lies YG has made was counting Coachella attendance as part of BP ongoing tour. That was just gross mediaplay

That was humiliating to be honest, one of yg and blackpink lowest points and they had A LOT of these... but that was just so fucking embarrassing. They had to lie so blatantly to their brainless fans because they were really expecting blackpink to get to highest attendance in kpop but despite everything they fell 200K behind bts 2018-2019 tour.

There is really no limit yg won't cross to mediaplay, is worrying honestly.

the stadium capacity could be more than 65k seats but bp/yg opened 65k seats to the public
    stuff like this happens based on demand, its not considered manipulation

No, I'm not talking of the amount of seats opened for sale, all the sections in the photo were opened for sale, some sold almost entirely, others barely anything, every of those sections sold tickets but the stadium was not 100% sold out of the capacity yg used and I want to know how, they paid the people who check the touring reports? there is nobody double checking what companies report? That's the issue here.

• Hold on, what?? Is that 1.8 million number blinks are going with based on this?

the 1.8M is based on official boxscore attendance. there was an article that wrote that the tour had 1.8M attendance and "interacted with 2.1M music fans" if you include the festivals.

블랙핑크, 전 세계 211만 열광한 ‘BORN PINK’ 투어
    블랙핑크(BLACKPINK)가 글로벌 전역을 핑크빛으로 물들였다. 9월 20일 YG엔터테인먼트에 따르면 지난해 10월부터 약 1년여 간 34개 도시, 66회차에 걸쳐 전개된 블랙핑크 'BORN PINK' 투어는 서울
    n.news.naver.com

• Being this pressed because BP's numbers are embarrassing Twice's is a bad look, mate.

There is no way for YG to manipulate the numbers the venues are reporting, which show everything as being sold out.

IF you're worried about media play, you should investigate the Marvel Stadium for Twice if it ends up showed as sold out, despite the entire top section not being put up for sale due to lack of demand. JYP had to photoshop the entire top of the stadium to be darker to avoid an embarrassing photo.

• Hold on, what?? Is that 1.8 million number blinks are going with based on this?

The 1.8M is based on official boxscore attendance of just the tours with nothing else included. There was an article that clearly wrote that the tour had 1.8M attendance and 2.1M only if you include the festivals, the latter figure of which was never used before or after except for that article.

• Being this pressed because BP's numbers are embarrassing Twice's is a bad look, mate.

There is no way for YG to manipulate the numbers the venues are reporting, which show everything as being sold out.

no one is pressed my guy.

Of course there is a way and happened, this photo with entire sections empty but a fake sold out status is the living proof, this is not rocket science mate.

Fq1k2BYaIAAWk6n.jpg

• I do not know how touring numbers are collected whether it is the label or a third party that report these numbers.

Not the armshits being this pressed. YG NEVER lied about top tour, the article said “IF Coachella and Hyde park were added” there was no lie. Yg reported 1.8 million attendance for bp in concert sales

At least be truthful if you wanna be salty lol :oops:

• This thread contains 68 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!