Explanation for PV lower than expected Apple Music debut

• PV debuted at #43 on Global Apple music chart (hylt debuted within top 25 & ended up peaking at #6 weeks later)

Japan.

Japan is the Greatest contributer to k-pop songs stay on the global chart,it's the reason Love dive charted for 100 days & peaked within the top 10 & the reason dyna peaked at #2

Sour candy is an outlier & peaked at #2 due to strong first day streams on US Apple music (peaked within top 20)

Unfortunately PV is not performing super well in Japan further proving bps Japan fanbase & GP awareness has decreased tremendously 👀

YG has constantly treated Japan blinks as nothing more than cash machines so it's not surprising that BP is not super hot over there (they will still sell out their domes obviously)

Ofc PV will rise in the coming days/weeks but don't expect records to be broken on this particular platform

Also on the US side,it's not exceeding like US Spotify so Born pink potential #3 peak on US Apple music album charts will only be possible based on a strong album tracklist (🤞)

• Already seen that their japan market has decreased. Even in the album era it was obvious, none of the songs did over 25 weeks charting in japan bb hot 100 while both d4 and ktl did 30 weeks

It's sad honestly lol

I dunno if PV can even crack top 10 on Japan hot 100 now lol

YG doesn't give af

The way 4th gen GGs will be leading on Apple music solely due to ygs & tedfy indifference lol

• that's what you get for always treating japanese blinks like shit and neglecting the market completely. The fact that they don't even have one single original japanese song.

• They also never acknowledge Japan exists till it's touring month 💀

Honestly bp lost their chance now. If they had actually started to properly promote there like other companies' artists do with original Japanese songs or albums, it would have meant something I guess. Maybe they wouldn't smash but something is still better than nothing and the fact that they didn't even try testing the waters

• It is but we can’t help it

Japan is probably the main market where 4th gen gg actually hurting bp numbers, I mean I don’t think it’s coincidence bp is doing their worst numbers since their rookie era there and multiple gg like ive, kep1er,and le sserafim doing well and blowing up

Atleast YG should go hard in LATAM then

BP potential there is immense & they're loyal af lol

They're not doing enough at all lol but let's hope 2023 will change that

• Honestly bp lost their chance now. If they had actually started to properly promote there like other companies' artists do with original Japanese songs or albums, it would have meant something I guess. Maybe they wouldn't smash but something is still better than nothing and the fact that they didn't even try testing the waters

I blame teddy

He doesn't like Japanese songs & he calls the shots when it comes to BP music so 🙂

• Yeah japan is a massive boost for kpop groups on apple Music. I guess it's one of the few countries along with USA where it's popular streaming service.

Same happened with money. As Japan wasn't on-board it never ended up peaking too high.

Ive has been doing really well in Japan.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Exactly, they could’ve at least built bp a stable fanbase.

The thing is this will only hurt bp in the long run, Japan didnt affect global streaming that much back when bp first blew up but now their streaming market is rapidly increasing and Japan is really affecting charts like bb global 200. So now Japan is a big market for streaming and not having that will hurt them

Amen and even though bp are very strong at spotify, am is still important

• Yeah japan is a massive boost for kpop groups on apple Music. I guess it's one of the few countries along with USA where it's popular streaming service.

Same happened with money. As Japan wasn't on-board it never ended up peaking too high.

Ive has been doing really well in Japan.

Our only hope is on us Apple music for ever getting a #1 on that chart

That depends on a Collab obviously

• Pink venom seems to be doing decent on japan Spotify at least

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Maybe there is potential for it to grow? It needs to appeal to non bp fans/ casuals though

🤞🤞🤞

It can & will rise for sure

• And somehow YG will book at least 4 domes in japan when they’re have been ignoring j-blinks since debut

Concert in Japan can be done without doing super well in Japan digitally , BP do well in Japan digital compare to many bgs that simply don't chart

They are 6 years it obv YG won't give them original japanese music at this point but their Korean songs could be stable there

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!