Between YG and JYP, which company has the lowest rate of contract renewals for its groups and idols?

• Well, as for the question above, which of them has the worst contract renewal rate for all their artists? Both have had many of their older groups and idols leave, unlike SM, which has more loyal idols (Read: slave contracts).

• Fron what I remember, the only groups that renewed with JYP were twice and 2pm. Did wonder girls have a second contract before they disbanded?

yubin and Yenny renew their contract

Sun situation is a little bit complex because JYP announce that she renew her contract, then she announce that she's getting married and going to haiti for missionnary work, JYP said they don't know the details about this missionnary work

then few months later said that she was going to haiti but was not leaving JYP and wondergirls, and she'll be back but she never came back

then they announce that she left JYP and withdraw from Wonder girls

so we never know if she actually renew her contract or not

and for Lim, she joined Wonder girls in 2010 after she was pulled from Miss A lineup

and left JYP in 2017, so she left the company after her first contract and never renew

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• If we are talking full group renewals JYP but if we also count group members who renewed YG is worse.

YG has signed 28 acts over the years, only 4 have fully renewed at least once (BB, Winner, Akmu and BP), 1 had members renew (2ne1), 2 haven't reached renewal yet and 1 was YG himself. 12 of the 20 that didn't renew were debuted under YG. Thats around 21% renewal.

32 acts signed with JYP over the years only 1 group has renewed fully at least once (Twice) (JYP also renewed but he is JYP), 5 had part renewals (2pm, wonder girls, miss A and Day6 - counting 2am here as well since they disbanded then came back the JYP to drop more music) and 9 haven't reached renewal time and that includes the Chinese, Japanese and project groups. Of the 15 that didn't renew, 11 debuted under JYP but JYP still comes ahead with a 30% renewal rate.

• BIGBANG renewed 3 times

2NE1 renewed 2 times

WINNER renewed 1 time ---still with YG

AKMU renewed 1 time---still with YG

BLACKPINK renewed 1 time---still with YG

But also consider who YG didn't want to renew:

iKON, Minzy, Dara, Bom, Daesung

Let out of their contract early:

T.O.P, CL, Yedam, Mashiho

Or fired for breaking the terms of the contract:

B.I, Seungri

Typically, if YG wants to keep you, they will. BLACKPINK being the latest example.

GD is probably the only artist that didn't renew that YG probably wanted to. Everyone else worked out the way YG wanted.

YG's renewal rate is excellent based on their reputation that the contracts are lucrative and extremely artist friendly.

Nothing lasts forever.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Wait. JYP and YG lost all their older artists, none of them are around anymore? :whatk: I thought YG still had some of their 2nd gen artists.

Well, as for the question above, which of them has the worst contract renewal rate for all their artists? Both have had many of their older groups and idols leave, unlike SM, which has more loyal idols (Read: slave contracts).

?( This is a bit too onesided. Super Junior gained their own sublabel over which they have full control in their contract negotiations.

Also, SNSD had members leave without a problem as well as members that stayed and renewed multiple times.

It's also very unbelievable to think that artists like BoA or Kangta (or TVXQ for that matter) are under any slave contract.

So it's clear from all that that it's not a one-size-fits-all situation.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• But also consider who YG didn't want to renew:

iKON, Minzy, Dara, Bom, Daesung

Not sure about some of the others, but Minzy left by herself as her own choice, and YG was pretty vindictive and petty about it: right after she left he announced 2NE1 would come back soon and have their new album that Summer, after years of hiatus.

From what I saw, they or YG did want her to renew even if only to have this '2NE1 stays as one and will ever be one' image - but they didn't want to make any effort for her to have her own solo debut like CL and BOM, even more, they put her in the dungeon for years.

There were many telltale signs that showed she was unhappy for years before she left (even if some other-member stans did their utmost to gaslight and pretend nothing was wrong X() because of how she was treated by YG so it's not strange she was ready to leave as soon as her contract ended.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited 2 times, last by FoReveries ().

• not all winner members are still signed with yg

Jinu already announce he left YG

• Not sure about some of the others, but Minzy left by herself as her own choice, and YG was pretty vindictive and petty about it: right after she left he announced 2NE1 would come back soon and have their new album that Summer, after years of hiatus.

From what I saw, they or YG did want her to renew even if only to have this '2NE1 stays as one and will ever be one' image - but they didn't want to make any effort for her to have her own solo debut like CL and BOM, even more, they put her in the dungeon for years.

There were many telltale signs that showed she was unhappy for years before she left (even if some other-member stans did their utmost to gaslight and pretend nothing was wrong X() because of how she was treated by YG so it's not strange she was ready to leave as soon as her contract ended.

Nah. YG only renewed CL and Dara. Minzy's contract was allowed to expire.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Nah. YG only renewed CL and Dara. Minzy's contract was allowed to expire.

THE LIE

YG wanted all the members of 2NE1 to renew their contracts, they had individual face-to-face conversation about renewing but only Minzy share her desire to not renew and leave YG

this is literally YG statement about minzy leaving the group

"

YG’s contract with 2NE1 expires on May 5, 2016. Last January, we had individual face-to-face talks with each member regarding renewing their contracts and showed our desire for the group to reform. Unfortunately, Gong Minzy did not feel the same.

“Having to say goodbye to a colleague who has been with us since she was a trainee for 11 years is really difficult. However, we fully understand and respect Gong Minzy’s position as the group had to suddenly halt promotions two years ago. Thus, it is true that we feel more sorry rather than feeling unsatisfied."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!