What's with the lack of effort to even sound live at MMA 2023

• Usually I disregard all the 'oh but there is an issue with the mics!'-comments trying to shield their idols lipsyncing but this time around there might be some truth to it. Watched some fancams today and some performances seem to have more audible live vocals on those compared to the broadcast audio.

That being said it's still disappointing that no idols barfely ever do 'real' live performances anymore. Lee Youngjis performance was like a breath of fresh air but I guess non idol rappers never have the option to lipsync - it would be an instant controversy for them.

• What's the point of live stages if you don't bother to sing live? You don't have to sing every line, sing something. Performances that aren't performed live are boring, they lack energy.

At least record lar, don't play album version: S

• Thank heavens for Kiss of Life

A sentence I think I'll be repeating a lot in 2024

I didn't have time to watch both mama or mma this year. Just watched their mma performanse. Wow. The difference between them and other performances; the energy. This is the first time i heard their song, I'd be hyped if i was in the audience. Which i cannot say for groups whose performances i just watched. Aespa wasn't live but they at least bothered to record lar. They were good too. But nobody like kiss of life.

• Cause they don't know how to sing and their fans are so dumb they still think their favs sing live. :check-bee:

People cannot distinguish live vocal from LAR. They got used to LAR, they think that's live singing :clown: and then when they do MR removed from LAR :clown:

I envy kpop companies, they really convinced fans that something that isn't true is true. I wish i was like them lol

• Maybe it's a bit off topic but it is very weird that the Melon youtube channel has posted all the performances of the night except for the SHINee's 'Hard' performance were they sang live (like they just posted the first half of their stage were they perform their older songs wtf?)

that performance will make everyone else look bad

gotta hide it

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People cannot distinguish live vocal from LAR. They got used to LAR, they think that's live singing :clown: and then when they do MR removed from LAR :clown:

This is the sad truth nowadays. When an idol group actually does real live with studio audio as the backtrack (at low volume) they will ALWAYS get negative comments about it. These commenters are the exact same people that think LAR is real live singing.

One example that always comes to mind that perfectly showcases the problem

NJ and IVE performed at the same show, IVE received a lot of negative comments for this performance. The fandom of course upvoted all the positive stuff to the top but if you dig deeper you'll find tons of vile stuff. NewJeans performance was universally praised, specifically mentioning the live vocals. This was the last time IVE did a performance like this, sadly. Starship probably realized there's nothing to be gained but a lot to lose.

Both groups are 'singing live' but one performance is with LAR and one is with studio audio as backtrack (at a low volume). Why on earth would these companies risk a controversy by letting the idols do a real live performance if they can not only get away with LAR 100% of the time but even get praise for it. I honestly can't even blame the companies for making the only logical decision.

• that's why this year both MAMA and MMA was underwhelming barely anyone sang live :peperain:

somehow I ended up liking this performance:

I mean I don't even know this group nor like the song but at least it was lively plus their energy was infectious

• How can you hear these videos and think they are both live? Ive obviously has lower volume backtrack, singing volume wise is uneven, and mics pick up other sounds too. For newjeans everything sounds even because, you know, it's not live.

I also don't get why LAR is used even for ballads?! A mess, and it's incredible that most fans don't care (at least those who get it's not live lol). I'd get it when songs are choreo heavy and idols wants to focus on it but when you have chill choreo and you still lip sync... Are you a singer or dancer? I wouldn't even bother paying for a ticket if my faves lip synced the whole concert. I can listen to them on Spotify or YouTube for free

• why bother to do live when they could put the studio version and fans will fight for their life how good they sound live, Newjeans barely to ever sing live and they are killing it, i wouldn't bother to sing live either if the top gg don't do it and nobody cares

• External Content www.youtube.com

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!