did BIGBANG completely crushed YG reputation?

• Big bang was korean national boy group so to speak so their impact is too strong and it was like a goodbye song.

but how do you explain taeyang's solo flopping (t he one after the one that did with Jimin) or winner's releases flopping. Mino's solo album didn't that well either and he did well in his first album and not to mention Ikon's bad digital performance before leaving YG. Akmu was already well known before joining YG though

Winner or ikon were never at the level they could be called digimons, they had a few hits yes but were never guaranteed chart toppers and that was before the burning sun scandal, other factors and chart changes didnt help them either, and just like most kpop groups with a few exceptions, most will lose public relevance within a few years naturally either way.

Like its just not YG boygroups doing bad, its every boygroup doing massively worse in the last few years (BTS excluded) on korean charts.

Taeyang have only ever had one #1 song solo in 2014, and vibe did better than his 2017 release which was before burning sun. With how the charts works today i dont find his followup song placement that surprising.

The only bigbang member that could be considered to be a proper digimon as solo is gd.

Im not really arguing that YG is doing much worse now than before burning sun, my argument is that they would likely not be doing much better now even if burning sun didnt happen. But then again if burning sun didnt happen, bigbang would still maybe be active and releasing music and help hold the ship up instead of it all hinging on blackpink for the last few years.

• my take is that the public is no longer auto consuming anything released by the big3. Gone are the days that big 3 was dominating the kpop industry. Evidence is that not only YG is not doing well, JYP and SM are not doing well also. The debut of their rookies had some kind of hype but it didnt guaranteed them success

Take aespa for example. Black mamba didnt do well. It was the song Next Level that brought aespa to fame, not hype / SM stans. RIIZE is really an outlier in recent years for SM cause historically, most SM groups didnt resonnat with public until few release later.

Same with JYP, nmixx flopped despite all the previous JYP GGs became huge within first 2 release.

So, really no ground to believe Baemon will do well just because they come from Big 3. Long gone are the days of Big 3

• Like I said a month ago, we're not in the Big 3 era anymore; it's all about the Big 1 (Hybe).

• Like I said a month ago, we're not in the Big 3 era anymore; it's all about the Big 1 (Hybe).

I dont think HYBE has that much of grip on the Public. Not every HYBE group is successful (im comparing to YG prime time where every act is performing digitally well including bigbang, 2ne1, Winner, Ikon, Epik high, akmu, lee hi, psy, blackpink and the respective solos). HYBE has bonedo fromis_9 which are doing so so.

• It's not Big bang fault

Because when big bang came back they directly went #1 which prove that even everything they've done the public still expected the group to comeback

It's YG himself who shoot himself in the foot with the scandal with the trainee, burning sun scandal, gambling etc....

Now the public see YG as a company of delinquent with a delinquent CEO

It's the problem with CEO like Yg and JYP who are trying too hard to put themselves always in the highlight of their product , their company is directly link to their reputation

Yang reputation got bad and YG artist started to get more negative reaction

I bet BM is not getting a lot of support because people directly involve YG with BM cuz he was so involve in their show

In comparison of for example SM or HYBE where LSM and more recently bang si hyuk have started to be more in the shadow of their product

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Melon and traditional Korean charts have been dying and hemorrhaging users for 5 years.

If you're still using them as a gauge of success then you're undeniably stupid.

It isn't 2015 and All-kills don't matter.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!