Why did the Friday release work for NewJeans in Korea but not IVE?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Both IVE and NewJeans are equally popular in South Korea, but despite this, NewJeans charted significantly better with Super Shy and ETA than IVE did with Off The Record and Baddie in Korea. Why is that?

• cause korea ain't #baddies. there not ready to slay just yet, that's why the major slay from IVE scared them too much, they gotta listen to that mellow music from new jeans, they ain't ready for no #BADDIES. but baddies stay winning #IVE. they charting low but they charting high in DIVES hearts, that's all that matters in this game. New jeans is SUPER SHY just like KOREA is super shy to slaying. #truth

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Both IVE and NewJeans are equally popular in South Korea

They aren't. And that's really the answer to the question.

There is a gap between NewJeans and every other girl group from their generation, even in South Korea.

It's not close no matter how many ULs IVE has.

There is a reason IU herself said NewJeans are the biggest celebrities in Korea, and why Korea has coined the phrase "The world is NewJeans".

There are several metrics that can clearly indicate the gap, but few speak as loudly as this one for their Korea dominance

External Content x.com

(I knew that thread where I compiled their achievements would be a useful quick reference tool!)

• I'd like one day of peace

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• I'd like one day of peace

There can be no peace when I'm bored and someone gives me the opportunity to alleviate it :pepe-firing:

Oh, I forgot one Melon achievement that is even more wild than the one I linked before

External Content x.com

Literally WTF NewJeans. This is insane.

• Off The Record is Ive's type of song, and is pretty good. But it made zero impact for one week.

Both IVE and NewJeans are equally popular in South Korea, but despite this, NewJeans charted significantly better with Super Shy and ETA than IVE did with Off The Record and Baddie in Korea. Why is that?

Maybe because only one is really popular.

The other is perceived to be popular, but in reality is not. It was mostly faked.

SSE set a goal and did almost nothing to achieve that goal. I think AKP has put in more effort than that entire company.

The girls are probably trying their best but they're being failed by so many people around them. SSE bought a fancy notebook for study and spent weeks decorating its cover.

They never needed to do much before anyway. Just send payments to their outsourcing companies.

• They are not equally popular in Korea. NJ is clearly above

NJ release on Friday is actually detrimental for their performance. They still smashing on charts simply because they are outstanding, that's all

Glad we've come to the conclusion that NewJeans are the biggest girl group in South Korea. (Well tokkies have known that since Ditto, as well as since IU outright said it but I'm glad the particularly stubborn people now have blatant evidence that proves us right)

• company diff

Kitsch - Melon Peak #1, 496,449 ULs

Either Way - Melon Peak #13, ~125,000 ULs

Both pre-release title tracks released on Monday. Difference = 375,000 ULs

We all knew from the start that this is all Kakao's fake hype to boost IVE and give them the image that they are popular when in fact they have probably only 11 fans in Korea, suiting of their title track eleven

Organic Jeans have been slaying these girlies from the moment they breathe and birthed Adam and eve they are now on path to sealing the disbandment fate of IVE sadly their time is over bankai

• Glad we've come to the conclusion that NewJeans are the biggest girl group in South Korea. (Well tokkies have known that since Ditto, as well as since IU outright said it but I'm glad the particularly stubborn people now have blatant evidence that proves us right)

I always stated it, but Dives are a delulu bunch. I think they truly believe IVE was going to reign unbothered in Korea but nothing in Ive's chart performance was indicative of that. Sure Love Dive was one of the biggest hits of 2022, but is this really news? Several different 2nd gen GGs had their SOTY yet none of them truly dethrone Girls Generation as the absolute top girl group

This staged releases really came in handy, because now IVE and NJ chart performance can be fairly compared and comes to no surprise to anyone who truly understand the bare minimum of chart dynamics that NJ was bound to perform much better

IVE chart performance still very good though. 3 songs in top 20 is nothing to worry about, IVE is doing well and their next hit is all but secured. Hopefully the aftermath of this comeback is the Tokkis and Dive fanwars will finally be a product of past

• K-PL is that you ;judgingpepe:

• Well said. I don't know why Dives get so huffy when people point out that NewJeans are obviously bigger. There is nothing wrong with being number 2 and IVE's success is nothing to scoff at. Just because NewJeans is bigger that doesn't mean that IVE won't go down in history as one of the biggest girl groups in kpop.

• Well said. I don't know why Dives get so huffy when people point out that NewJeans are obviously bigger. There is nothing wrong with being number 2 and IVE's success is nothing to scoff at. Just because NewJeans is bigger that doesn't mean that IVE won't go down in history as one of the biggest girl groups in kpop.

Yeah IVE is definitely huge. Being less popular than NJ doesn't mean shit

But kpop fans are an annoying bunch. If the group is the top 1 group everybody think they are flops and start countless threads asking "why group XXXX lost its hype" or "why group XXXX don't sell like group YYYY" *yawn*

• SSE set a goal and did almost nothing to achieve that goal. I think AKP has put in more effort than that entire company.

The girls are probably trying their best but they're being failed by so many people around them. SSE bought a fancy notebook for study and spent weeks decorating its cover.

Me collecting pretty notebooks pretending that's gonna get me writing again

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• Flexin' about charts screams small pinching-hand_1f90f.png energy tbh i'm above all that.

I'm takin the high road by posting this SOTY, which has more musicality in one bar than all of NJ's elevator music disco put together.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Because IVEs hit different.

For me, NJ is just one of those ggs.🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏻

you see what i did there

• This isn't specific to IVE fans in the slightest, but I think a lot of the saltiness that emanates from certain people towards NewJeans is fueled by the sudden arrival and instant stardom of NewJeans.

They legit came out of nowhere and then became the biggest act in K-Pop seemingly overnight, and everybody has been obsessed with them ever since.

There was an established status quo, and then suddenly NewJeans arrives and destroys every meaningful record a rookie girl group could have and then starts to snatch a bunch of all-time records. That clearly bothered some (insecure) people.

I'm just entertained by it.

• Why flex about charts when you can flex about ULs instead?

giphy.gif

• 1. Was wondering when you'd show up

2. YOU are chastizing people for flexing about charts....YOU of ALL people.....ok.

• You know I actually like you because at least your posts are pretty entertaining and watching you and catzi go off like an old married couple is sweet you can fight BPhouse now for like the 20th time

And at least your posts seems more targeted to specific users

Unlike OP who is becoming the second coming of Bb98, the main difference they make an effort to have a profile pick to look less peasant than Bb98 although they exhibit the same peasantry words

Or bangpduser who makes inciting threads trying to rile up dives but funnily enough always end up fighting blinks instead

But who am I so say anything I'm becoming KPL myself

:pepe-shrug:

• I aim to entertain always :pepe-toast:

I know my thread is hitting all the right notes when I see my usual stans facepalming every single one of my replies like they're trying to mass vote for their favs to win a music show

And that last NJ/BP war let me know all my hard work got me a group of antis rooting for my downfall.

Let's go! :dancer-pepe:

We both in our peaks, KPL 2.0

• Dude you walked right into this one and I can tell none of the other users have forgotten. I myself am getting distinct "bubbling under" flashbacks. So that 🤏 energy... yea.

• This thread contains 35 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!