Do you think YG Entertainment will survive this time?

• Is gojover for YG this time? 36

1. Yes, finally!!!!! (26) 72%
    2. No way, yg forever (10) 28%

In 2019 YGE got hit pretty hard by seungri's burning sun/molka scandal, their ceo got into legal problems and the most popular iKon member left condemning the group to fail, the situation was so bad their stock dropped more than 50%. Right now they seem to be in a even worse situation:

• Current pillars and moneymakers Blackpink with a 2 months late contract renewal situation, with strong rumors of disbandment or at very least some members leaving the company and affecting the group normal status.
    • Almost all members of their past pillars BigBang already left the company, super star GDragon being the biggest lost.
    • Their next project Baemon delayed their debut once again, with the rumor of a member leaving before even starting the project.
    • Their only active idol group right now being 3 years old treasure with barely decent success to even consider an option.
    • Yang hyun suk legal problems still hunting him with prosecution calling for a 3 years sentence.
    • iKon left the company, Winner is on hiatus.

So what do you think? For me, if blackpink leaves yge is over. I've been praying in that company downfall since forever so i'm very excited :pleading: .

• They distribute for Hybe, have a huge acting division and represent some of the biggest Korean stars, BM and own part of Black Label.

It is still likely that they will manage group activities for BP.

imo they did make the mistake of not debuting BM earlier in March or April this year.

• Blackpink debuted to immediate success. I am not sure that Babymonster will do it to the same extent.

Yes, I think they will get attention, but will they dominate as much as Blackpink co-dominated with Twice in their early years? I'm not sure.

There are already several 4th gen girl groups that are highly successful and Big3 companies don't dominate as absolutely as they once did. Other than that, Treasure's success is more like what you expect from a mid-level company not a Big3 one.

Another problem is that for whatever reason, they leave money on the floor with long hiatuses. Blackpink is their most successful group ever and even just 1 or 2 more comebacks in their seven years of existence would have brought a good amount of money to them. For whatever reason, they did not make use of it.

• Canny seems to be very popular for a trainee. She's Thai, so she's not making as much of an impact in Korea, but internationally instead.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• If YG fail to hit it big with BM and lose the 3 remaining BP members...yes! I think it's very likely YG can't recover.

From what I understand many of their other subsidiaries and brands aren't so hot right now. Treasure, AKMU, Somi, etc aren't going to carry a top 3 or 4 label by any stretch, even with Rose they have 0 chance of staying a top company if they lose BlackPink and Big Bang in the same year.

Now if they lose BP and BB and suddenly Babymonster come out to success like Ive or even Newjeans than those losses will fall by the wayside and YG stock will quickly foget about it and it will bounce back within the following year.

So it all rest on the success of BM.

• Somi is in TheBlackLabel, and YGE only owns about 30% of TBL.

If YGE really does start dying, the company might break up into its sub-labels, with many of the music and acting staff/talent moving to TBL since they would rather be part of a growing label run by one of the most successful producers in the world than a dying label run by a criminal.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Somi is in TheBlackLabel, and YGE only owns about 30% of TBL.

If YGE really does start dying, the company might break up into its sub-labels, with many of the music and acting staff/talent moving to TBL since they would rather be part of a growing label run by one of the most successful producers in the world than a dying label run by a criminal.

It's reasonable that if YGE do fall far and have financial turmoil in their future the current owners of TBL could buy those shares and break off. However I don't really see that happening considering they benefit a lot from the infrastructure, distribution and connections set up and provided by YG.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!