With Twice's renewal do you think we will get Jihyo solo debut this year?

• I remember early in the year an official post had two dates on it, June 24 was revealed to be Nayeon's solo debut but the August date hasn't been confirmed yet. Now the two most likely options are group comeback or Jihyo solo and there's been some stuff to support both option imo. Dayeon did mention a Twice comeback coming soon during a music show ending and it's been a hot minute since they had a Korean comeback, but on the flip side Jihyo's been talking alot about individual work and her solo shoot gave major "solo debut soon" energy in my unprofessional opinion. Plus Twice is releasing Celebrate at the end of July, which makes an August comeback real close together, Twice has no problem dropping jpn releases close to Korean ones but they usually happen after the Korean release so Celebrate being an album in July makes me think the August date is Jihyo solo 0.0

So, do you think we are getting a Jihyo debut this year? Even if the August date is a group release there's plenty of time in the year for her solo afterwards. What do y'all think :whatb::whatb:

• I am pretty sure if not this year, we will get it early next year. For the August date, I think it's a sub-unit or Chaeyoung solo cause she said this on a Vlive with Nayeon recently.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Plus, Republic Records asked a random question about Chaeyoung on their IG story a few days ago.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Are none of them trying acting in a drama? I can see one or two of them doing well in that area as well.

Jeongyeon got some offers but JYPE declined. I think she's interested but TWICE's busy schedules never left any room to pursue other professions. Maybe we will get some news after October once their original contract expires. OT9 comeback is also probably in October if the August date is a solo or subunit.

Edited once, last by vzal ().

• Yooo I hadn't even this stuff, I'm down for any twice release our girls have so much to give and I am ready to receive :smirks::smirks:

• With them all renewing I think it confirms one things most people though which is they won't all have solo musical careers as I don't see how JYPE can provide that in any reasonable timeframe. Some may not even want solo careers outside of CF's. Whether Jihyo falls into that category who knows.

After Nayeon, Jihyo is the next obvious choice for a solo but based on what she has said over the years I don't know how fussed she is about a solo, maybe she's more likely to lead a sub-unit.

I don't see JYPE passing up using the 7th year anniversary date as Twice comeback so I feel like August could be an English pre-release single. I know BTS used to do solo tracks as pre-releases to an album so definitely not impossible but I'd be surprised if it was a fully fledged solo. Just too many physicals in a short space of time which I know JYPE has done a lot with Twice over the years, but the JYPE roster is so much bigger now with more releases to balance.

A full fledged solo is a 2/3 week commitment whilst Twice don't promote pre-releases like that (based on the sole example of The Feels). Now I think about it, giving another member a debut through a pre-release after Nayeon would probably raise eyebrows as well so I'm thinking a group English track.

• I remember early in the year an official post had two dates on it, June 24 was revealed to be Nayeon's solo debut but the August date hasn't been confirmed yet. Now the two most likely options are group comeback or Jihyo solo and there's been some stuff to support both option imo. Dayeon did mention a Twice comeback coming soon during a music show ending and it's been a hot minute since they had a Korean comeback, but on the flip side Jihyo's been talking alot about individual work and her solo shoot gave major "solo debut soon" energy in my unprofessional opinion. Plus Twice is releasing Celebrate at the end of July, which makes an August comeback real close together, Twice has no problem dropping jpn releases close to Korean ones but they usually happen after the Korean release so Celebrate being an album in July makes me think the August date is Jihyo solo 0.0

So, do you think we are getting a Jihyo debut this year? Even if the August date is a group release there's plenty of time in the year for her solo afterwards. What do y'all think :whatb::whatb:

lol reminds me of Tzuyu saying seyoung lol

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!