Why the Blackpink rumours are actually great news

• Like I said in another thread:

I don't know what people are freaking out about. There have been groups in the past whose members signed with other companies and others renewed yet they were able to strike a deal with the original company who owns the rights to the group in order to have more freedom yet continue to do group activities.

That's all this is. And if true, it's actually really good news. It means the girls will have far more creative freedom as a group. And far more creative freedom in solo activities for the girls who don't renew with YG. But because the rights are owned by YG at least one of the girls has to stay with them otherwise BP has to disband because no company can afford to buy those rights.

So thank you Rosé for taking one for the team (again, if this is true - and I hope it is).

In addition to this, YG's stock plummeting only means that they will do whatever they can to debut Babymonster ASAP.

Personally, I couldn't care less as I'm not interested in groups debuting with minors. Sure, I'll stream any song if I like it but I'm not gonna be a fan of children, I'm grown.

BUT for those excited for them to debut - I'm sure you won't have to wait much longer so there you go!

c o p e

20230919-041924.gif

• I mean I hate to be a negative nancy but all these groups who are still "active" after switching labels, they never release music. SNSD made one comeback in 5 years after the three members left SM. KARA didn't make a comeback until 7 years later. Even T-ara who have the rights to their name, have only made one comeback since they officially left MBK. Girl's Day hasn't even made one comeback since they left their label. The fact of the matter is they say this to appease fans who don't wanna accept disbandment. But at the end of the day, disbanded groups are just as active as these "inactive" groups where the members are all under different companies. I mean it's just a logistical nightmare and profits probably aren't gonna be as good when you're splitting between a bunch of labels.

• I mean I hate to be a negative nancy but all these groups who are still "active" after switching labels, they never release music. SNSD made one comeback in 5 years after the three members left SM. KARA didn't make a comeback until 7 years later. Even T-ara who have the rights to their name, have only made one comeback since they officially disbanded. Girl's Day hasn't even made one comeback since they left their label. The fact of the matter is they say this to appease fans who don't wanna accept disbandment. But at the end of the day, disbanded groups are just as active as these "inactive" groups where the members are all under different companies. I mean it's just a logistical nightmare and profits probably aren't gonna be as good when you're splitting between a bunch of labels.

Contrary to some of the more hopeful narratives we see regarding this, group members leaving their original companies is almost always a very bad sign for the group's activities. It usually signals that they're effectively disbanded but with the possibility of occasional reunions left open. However I don't know if most Blackpink fans would even care. If they go inactive like these other groups did, only having a reunion once in a blue moon, who would even notice?

I mean they love to boast of BP's touring power, so they'd probably notice the complete lack of touring from now on, but other than that... business as usual!

• It's not like the girls leaving the company is changing the group comeback schedule anyway. If they all stayed with YG, the hiatus would've been 3-4 years, now it's 5-6 years. At least they have the creative freedom for their solo career paths.

All we would be missing is their group tours, which will now be limited to once-in-a-blue-moon reunion performances.

𝐁𝐓𝐒 ♡ 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐤 ♡ 𝐀𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐚

27dbe724372b809813a823b7367393edb58cad57.gifv

• Me with ioi and izone...

How many year passed after ioi again that all members keep saying they will do a reunion but it's still nothing till this day.

Please take those idols words related to this with a grain of salt. Even if they want to do it, I'm not sure if their new company will be happy to share their profits with others. They might have cb later once in 3-5 years or even more.

• I do agree at some point but as others have said the groups that do this don’t exactly have regular comeback schedules and it’s not like Blackpink as soloist aren’t in demand as well. The girls will be very busy it will be hard to align all of their schedules especially after a different company is running each of them.

• indeed great news. The girls get to do their own things unfettered by the laziness of YG. As for the group comebacks, it wouldn't really make a difference as even with YG they only do one comeback every 2 years.

• I mean I hate to be a negative nancy but all these groups who are still "active" after switching labels, they never release music. SNSD made one comeback in 5 years after the three members left SM. KARA didn't make a comeback until 7 years later. Even T-ara who have the rights to their name, have only made one comeback since they officially left MBK. Girl's Day hasn't even made one comeback since they left their label. The fact of the matter is they say this to appease fans who don't wanna accept disbandment. But at the end of the day, disbanded groups are just as active as these "inactive" groups where the members are all under different companies. I mean it's just a logistical nightmare and profits probably aren't gonna be as good when you're splitting between a bunch of labels.

I agree with everything you said my friend but in BP's case - how is that any different than like now lol

we all know Jisoo and Jennie and Rosé and Lisa are four soloists who collab together once in a blue moon!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!