Girls' Generation Sunny leaves SM Entertainment

• External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For SoneTaglist

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

• Support messages from friends

tumblr_mbacq1PDzs1rvedkto1_500.gifv

少女時代

Edited 2 times, last by Reclaimer ().

• My first female bias ever :pepe-sad: She hasn’t been active for a long time so it’s nothing shocking but kinda sad that it feels like an official goodbye but also congrats for being free from SM.

Ah you're me. When I fell the rabbit hole of kpop she just drew me in.

Does it seem she wants to get away from the spotlight and live a quiet life?

• It's not surprising at all and tbh I kinda expected at least a couple members to leave too but still it feels strange - it feels wrong a SNSD member is leaving SM.

I wonder where her future plans are. Maybe more TV work or she goes into a post idol life. Maybe we might get that solo she never wanted to do lol. Whatever the case, good luck Sunny

• I know this will sound stupid but she is leaving both the company and the group?

She will be missed but I wish her every success in whatever she does from now on

Just SM, she’s still SNSD. Same as situation as TiffSooSeo

Now it’s 4 SM, 4 non SM. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

• Thank you for clarifying this for me, it wasn't clear to me in her letter.

Yeah I can see how it would be confusing, she didn’t really mention she’s leaving SNSD or not. however she does introduce herself as SNSD Sunny and her letter is only saying thanks and goodbye to SM, not SNSD. It’s the same type of letters TSS made essentially

• sonemariam

we were just discussing this and it happened

True. We saw it coming. :pepe-shades:

External Content youtu.be

• Ah, you're me. When I fell the rabbit hole of kpop she just drew me in.

Does it seem she wants to get away from the spotlight and live a quiet life?

I think what she does next will tell us whether she wants to rest like we think or if she just couldn't promote like she should in SM because of SM being SM and or because of the attention she naturally draws for being related to LSM.

• I know this will sound stupid but she is leaving both the company and the group?

She will be missed but I wish her every success in whatever she does from now on

Yeah, it sounds like she's leaving the group too.

Or, they all left the group since it's not their main focus but they can't say it out loud because they don't want to disappoint Sone and they need Sone to push their solo careers. Idk.

I wish Kpop idols would open up and tell us the truth.

• Oh well :(

Well no one can take their legacy away, they left a mark in the kpop world for sure.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. :pleading:

Me too.

• I guess Yoona and Taeyeon renewed..was hoping they would leave SM as well.

Has anything concrete come out that Taeyeon officially renewed?

Either way I have a hard time seeing Taeyeon leaving SM right now. She's peak and has a lot of leverage currently but I feel like SM has gotten her great stuff for her to flex her talents. Feel like the highest chance of continued success is SM for both her and the company.

• Yeah, it sounds like she's leaving the group too.

Or, they all left the group since it's not their main focus but they can't say it out loud because they don't want to disappoint Sone and they need Sone to push their solo careers. Idk.

I wish Kpop idols would open up and tell us the truh

Her IG bio still says Girls' Generation, I guess it means she is still in the group

• snsd-soshi.gif

Pretending to be shocked

It's no longer that surprising.

• Yeah, it sounds like she's leaving the group too.

I wish Kpop idols would open up and tell us the truth.

For supposedly being a sone you always have the absolute worst takes about them. I remember you and I argued a couple years ago how you said SNSD was was 100% totally done and fans are being delusional believing to the girls lie of a possible reunion as it was them sucking up to fans. Forever 1 happens the very next year showing they were telling the truth all along (actually they aimed for it to happen in 2021 but delayed due Covid so they were telling the truth even before Forever 1 was announced)

Now you're questioning Sunny leaving the group when she's said no such thing in her statement and said on bubble that she understood you can be outside SM and still be part of SNSD like TSS. You're even questioning the rest of them left SNSD when they've shown the 5 whole ass years SNSD is still part of them all professionally and simply as friends hanging out.

You want idols to tell the truth yet youre first in line putting words into their mouth.

• My first female bias ever :pepe-sad: She hasn’t been active for a long time so it’s nothing shocking but kinda sad that it feels like an official goodbye but also congrats for being free from SM.

I think she is active in some variety shows, and as panelists

External Content www.youtube.com

• Girls' Generation pretty much already is a disbanded group since a couple of years back. Even if they do some stuff together sometimes is more like special projects for annivarsities and similar.

• For supposedly being a sone you always have the absolute worst takes about them. I remember you and I argued a couple years ago how you said SNSD was was 100% totally done and fans are being delusional believing to the girls lie of a possible reunion as it was them sucking up to fans. Forever 1 happens the very next year showing they were telling the truth all along (actually they aimed for it to happen in 2021 but delayed due Covid so they were telling the truth even before Forever 1 was announced)

Now you're questioning Sunny leaving the group when she's said no such thing in her statement and said on bubble that she understood you can be outside SM and still be part of SNSD like TSS. You're even questioning the rest of them left SNSD when they've shown the 5 whole ass years SNSD is still part of them all professionally and simply as friends hanging out.

You want idols to tell the truth yet youre first in line putting words into their mouth.

You sound like idols always tell us the truth about things that happen.

And like you said, I'm doubting which means I'm not sure, so how is that putting words in their mouths if I'm not sure? Even the girls can't promise anything and didn't know if they could get back together until it happened. Occasional reunions don't mean that they are active as Snsd because it's no longer their priority. Now, other things come first that's why staying together is not necessary. It's sad but true whether it's accepted or not.

With my 7 years experience as a Sone, I've realised that there are a lot of lies about idols' careers to the extent that they can never tell us the whole truth about many things that happen. I know it hurts to hear that you are being lied to but I'm no longer delusional enough to understand that idols don't distance themselves from their fans even if they are no longer active just so they can keep getting support in whatever they do. It's a PR strategy and it's business.

• You sound like idols always tell us the truth about things that happen.

And like you said, I'm doubting which means I'm not sure, so how is that putting words in their mouths if I'm not sure? Even the girls can't promise anything and didn't know if they could get back together until it happened. Occasional reunions don't mean that they are active as Snsd because it's no longer their priority. Now, other things come first that's why staying together is not necessary. It's sad but true whether it's accepted or not.

With my 7 years experience as a Sone, I've realised that there are a lot of lies about idols' careers to the extent that they can never tell us the whole truth about many things that happen. I know it hurts to hear that you are being lied to but I'm no longer delusional enough to understand that idols don't distance themselves from their fans even if they are no longer active just so they can keep getting support in whatever they do. It's a PR strategy and it's business.

Bruh with your 7 years experience you're become full on delusional that even Kanye would be think you're far gone.

There's not taking things/words at face value like you think you do and then there's literally ignoring reality and making shit up because you think you're smarter than the sheep like you actually do. They met up regularly in those 5 years, they were in talks for a CB, they had a fucking CB and through all that you still think they were lying and question whether they are part of the group???? What. The. Fuck.

You've got issues beyond just usual Kpop/idol crap. You got issues with reality. Get some help.

• Bruh with your 7 years experience you're become full on delusional that even Kanye would be think you're far gone.

There's not taking things/words at face value like you think you do and then there's literally ignoring reality and making shit up because you think you're smarter than the sheep like you actually do. They met up regularly in those 5 years, they were in talks for a CB, they had a fucking CB and through all that you still think they were lying and question whether they are part of the group???? What. The. Fuck.

You've got issues beyond just usual Kpop/idol crap. You got issues with reality. Get some help.

What shit did I make up exactly?

Attacking me doesn't change the fact that Snsd group activities aren't the members' priorities anymore. It only proves your delusion. It's not my doing so if you are hurting, there's nothing I can do for you.

Mine too ;( I was firstly a fan of Sunny, and only after I became gradually a fan of SNSD and later on other K-pop groups and K-pop as a whole.

Via some weird references by people on another site I came across funny K-pop videos that featured mostly Sunny. I became so enthralled and mesmerized, that I watched other funny videos with her, then wanted to watch the variety shows those clips were part of, and they were so funny and entertaining that I got drawn into SNSD and their songs, and later on other K-pop groups too.

SNSD really was the best group to get introduced to the entertainment/variety part of the K-pop scene.

A binge watch of SNSD and K-pop related variety shows like Invincible Youth made me an SNSD and K-pop fan within a month :lover1:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• It's not surprising at all and tbh I kinda expected at least a couple members to leave too but still it feels strange - it feels wrong a SNSD member is leaving SM.

I wonder where her future plans are. Maybe more TV work or she goes into a post idol life. Maybe we might get that solo she never wanted to do lol. Whatever the case, good luck Sunny

sunny has been over the celebrity life for a while now.

True. We saw it coming. :pepe-shades:

Yeah. To be fair, Sunny's been slowly distancing herself from the group as well as the idol life ever since Jessica's departure in 2014. From what I saw, the time before Jessica's departure Sunny was the one in the group who was closest to Jessica (even if it seemed a more onesided thing, where the person Jessica was closest with wasn't anyone of the group, but others outside the group like Krystal). From the few indirect comments by her, I also think that Sunny was 1 of the persons that really wanted Jessica to stay.

When that didn't happen, I think it also broke something in Sunny.

There's a clear difference in her reactions and interactions with others in the group when you watch the variety shows before and after Jessica's leaving, it looked like her heart just wasn't in it. Maybe it was also because she was struggling with physical injury and the pains that went with it at that time.

But when I watch the variety shows at the debut of SNSD, and how energetic and enthusiastic Sunny was and how much she shone, and later on how she peaked at variety in Invincible Youth season 1 and then compare with her variety show presence 2015 and later on - it saddens me a bit how that light grew dimmer and dimmer over the years :(

Maybe it was just too many disheartening disappointments that caused it; but she had so much potential, as a variety queen, vocal artist and as a performer (her 'Three' and 'Bloom' performances were top tier epicness).

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Edited once, last by FoReveries ().

• Well she was only in SNSD and SM due to nepo reason's anyway so it's not like they want her on the payroll...what exactly has she been up to lately other than collecting free pay packets?

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!