Why Did Once and JYP Not Support Misamo?

• So it's been a day now and it's pretty obvious the company didn't treat this comeback as anything. Fobbed it off the WMJ, didn't book any promo, locked member versions of the album behind a Japan only fanclub, gave them 0 international distribution unlike Nayeon, Twice, other JYPE groups, crossed teasers with several other JYP groups, announced it months prior killing the hype but also crossing Jihyo's solo over it making it feel like even more of a non event.

But the fans are really something else. After the frist 24 hrs it's statistics on YT are worse then that of Celebrate and compared to Pop which had 15+m views and 1.6m likes Do Not Touch managed just a meager 3.3m views and less than 550k likes.

It also got less streams than several group and Nayeon b-sides( I know it only has about 9hrs tracking) but it didn't even show up on spotify Japan 200 which is pretty shameful.

I find this lop sided treatment of the company to be gross, but form Once I can only imagine how shitty the members must be feeling right now.

• Question is, Why do you bother :whatb:

It's a Japanese track, it was never going to have the same promo as the Korean ones

Ah, so the Once mentality summed up...why bother supporting the girls first sub unit and first real worked outside of the group...why bother it's just some Japan track...as I said in the OP being fobbed off to WMJ as some BS side thing for Once not to care about.

• By telling the truth.

It's streaming numbers aren't even out yet. It is a Japanese release and it is doing amazing there. Top 3 on AWA, #1 on LINE, the album is top 15 on Apple Music with only 3 tracks and the MV is trending #1 on YT Japan. Also why don't we wait for it's sales before declaring it unsuccessful because its streams aren't as good as Korean releases in it's first 24 hours?

Onces don't take J-releases seriously. The comparison with Celebrate and POP is so weird cause:

1. Celebrate came right after contract renewals and is their most successful Japanese song internationally.

2. Pop. Self explanatory. 1st solo debut of Twice and it's Nayeon, one of the most popular 3rd gen idols.

JYPE killed all the hype by announcing the unit in February and then following it with two OT9 releases, another solo announcement and a tour. All of MiSaMo's teasers were posted on the Japan channel and it's release date was changed at last minute. Like many Onces weren't even aware that the MV was dropping on the 13th.

• Once gave more hype and effort to a Japan comeback. This won't even reach the streaming numbers of Nayeon b sides. Also the Spotify update is out, it just didn't chart anywhere even in Japan which was only 39k needed...so that tells us even J Once didn't stream. Boasting about Awa and Line is like bugging up Soribada and Vibe.

As soon as Once saw this as a Japan song it gave them this carte blanche attitude of not needing to support it or hype it up..it's just a b tier release to them.

Why give so much love and support to one member but almost totally ignore Sana, Momo and Mina? I see JYP just shat this out as a like 'here you go, have the most lazy nothing of a release and be happy' just to likely fill some contract renewal obligation or some shit.

Pretty pathetic from both the fans and the company. I would honestly be shocked if this song reached 30m life time streams.

• Also the Spotify update is out, it just didn't chart anywhere even in Japan which was only 39k needed...so that tells us even J Once didn't stream. Boasting about Awa and Line is like bugging up Soribada and Vibe.

But MiSaMo will still chart top 10 on Hot100 so yeah, J-Onces are indeed listening. Spotify isn't the only music platform, yk. TWICE J-releases have always got less streams than Korean ones and none of their JPN songs have ever charted on Spotify Japan with 9 hours of tracking. LINE and AWA are two of the biggest music platforms in Japan, what are you talking about :cryingr:

Pretty pathetic from both the fans and the company. I would honestly be shocked if this song reached 30m life time streams.

Oh, it will. I will tag you when it does on both YT and Spotify, dw.

• idgi

maybe the fans dont like the song

every artist's cb fluctuates especially solo stuff will have lots of fluctuations

Look at the attitude of Once here as a microcosm, they continually make excuses.

They saw it as a b tier release and decided they didn't really have to support it.

It's just Momo, Sana and Mina's little project.

Even saying it's Japanese isn't an excuse considering this is they only Twice single in the last few years to not debut on Japan Spotify.

They can call me a hater or complainer but the facts remain the girls work hard for the fans and group for 8 long, tough years and these dreadful results and support was how Once paid them back 😐

They sold out their massive fanmeets in seconds, but let's see how few albums J Once buy. Once are just not a loyal and supportive fanbase as they pretend to be.

You can see Tweets talking about Jihyo's abs getting 100k likes or Minas back having multiple tweets with 20k likes on them...but stationhead or streaming playlists getting 300 or 400 interactions. Choomer fandom tbf.

• is JYPE or whoever will give this promo? Only 1 music show so far. No radio, variety & youtube shows. Only 2 photo shoots. 3 if you include Sana's cf magazine shoot. This is their debut. It should be an event and not some disposable track. Twice have clout in Japan. Celebrate got to rank top 10 in Amazon music/Apple Music/Spotify Japan.

I can't believe their schedule only involves fan activities. How would they expand their popularity in their home country if they won't appear in tv?

• i waited if there is a more relevant promotion. But it's super disappointing they only have one gp show to go to. The rest with fans. Should have just given them a Korean debut if the agency will just give them the bare minimum at least that would rank in Japan. And get relevant views internationally.

• i waited if there is a more relevant promotion. But it's super disappointing they only have one gp show to go to. The rest with fans. Should have just given them a Korean debut if the agency will just give them the bare minimum at least that would rank in Japan. And get relevant views internationally.

Exactly this, I wonder if we'll even be getting performance videos, behind the scenes, interviews, etc or have they just dumped this out with no promo or push or any form of company support. Really just feel bad for the girls.

To be honest the company and the fans have left them out to dry here.

• Exactly this, I wonder if we'll even be getting performance videos, behind the scenes, interviews, etc or have they just dumped this out with no promo or push or any form of company support. Really just feel bad for the girls.

To be honest the company and the fans have left them out to dry here.

They will give those out since that is fan promo. With how they are promoting this the company is leaning too much to the fandom. And MiSaMo's fandom is not Twice fandom so obviously the only one who check the song out are the misamo fans. You can see this by the song rank. Even their non promoted song haru haru got top 50 in apple music japan.

This is supposed to be their big break in their home country. A chance for them to be known in Japan as Mina, Sana & Momo.

• They will give those out since that is fan promo. With how they are promoting this the company is leaning too much to the fandom. And MiSaMo's fandom is not Twice fandom so obviously the only one who check the song out are the misamo fans. You can see this by the song rank. Even their non promoted song haru haru got top 50 in apple music japan.

This is supposed to be their big break in their home country. A chance for them to be known in Japan as Mina, Sana & Momo.

Yeah, even Nayeon had a Spotify debut in Japan and her solo did very well in that country, but Once just have not bothered at all for Mina, Momo and Sana.

I mean for such a pack of dullards that parrot "9 or none" for a year before they renewed they sure as hell ain't showing that mentality at all. It seems to me they don't actually give a shit about Misamo at all.

• The album is not out.

Japan releases are different.

I do not know how the song is doing there.

But yeah, out side Japan is probably non existent.

The groups is still on tour, does anyone know when the tour is over?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The tour ends in December.

Also Japan releases are different but so are individual projects. It's not wrong to expect Once to be a little bit excited over a brand new sub unit after 8 years. But nope.

Also in Japan it's doing poor, failed to chart in the Spotify top 200, failed to chart on Apple Music Japan 100, only 30 on Recchoku.

Very poor results compared to other Twice songs and even much much worse than Pop🤷

• External Content twitter.com

Line is a fairly small app these days, the main streaming services in Japan are more in line with the rest of the world. Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube, etc. Line is like bragging about Soribada these days.

Also iTunes isnt a big service anywhere anymore. In Japan the biggest digital song retailer is Recohoku.

• Has spotify grown n Japan? I know they were struggling a few years ago.

If I remember correctly Recchoku is the biggest followed by Line Music (or viseversa).

Why Spotify struggles in Japan - Everyday Online Marketing
    Japan is one of the largest music markets in the world, but streaming service Spotify keeps struggling.
    everydayonlinemarketing.com

• Spotify is now very big in Japan. It's one of the most popular apps in the country fro streaming.

The number 1 on their is getting like 350k daily streams. It's growing each year and has been rapidly rising and historically Twice have always done well on Spotify Japan. But here Misamo is their first song not to debut in the 200 in years.

• This thread contains 118 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!