The group is #1 in first week sales, Stray Kids is invisible on the Billboard Hot 100

• The group is #1 in first week sales, Stray Kids is invisible on the Billboard Hot 100

The group is #1 in first week sales, Stray Kids is invisible on the Billboard Hot 100 The-group-is-1-in-first-week-sales-Stray-Kids-is-invisible-on-the-Billboard-Hot-100-935x1024.jpeg

“Interesting facts:

Stray Kids is the first K-pop group to have 3 albums at #1 on the Billboard 200 but no songs on the Billboard Hot 100!”

Billboard Hot 100 – flop

Melon Daily – flop

What a weird group

[+437, -96]

1. [+282, -20] But who built this group the image of a group with good digital abroad? Just look at Spotify, this group is similar to TXT, Seventeen, ENHYPEN (even these three groups have higher monthly listeners than Stray Kids)

2. [+276, -11] But if they sell so many albums, isn’t it normal for their songs to be popular and known by everyone?

3. [+262, -12] It’s so weird

4. [+255, -17] Is this different from just selling albums?

5. [+197, -4] But who really bought 4 million copies?

6. [+182, -4] I guess the fans are also tired of listening to their music

Original post (1)

The group is #1 in first week sales, Stray Kids is invisible on the Billboard Hot 100 – Pannkpop

• well on reddit Stays have been claiming they're "far ahead" of other 4th gen groups and right below BTS/BP level so maybe that's a bit of a reality check lol

• well on reddit Stays have been claiming they're "far ahead" of other 4th gen groups and right below BTS/BP level so maybe that's a bit of a reality check lol

Being in 3rd place below BTS/BP level globally =/= to being next to their level. A gap can exist. I know you wanted to get it off your chest, but one thing doesn't invalidate the other.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Being in 3rd place below BTS/BP level globally =/= to being next to their level. A gap can exist. I know you wanted to get it off your chest, but one thing doesn't invalidate the other.

3rd place would be like BTS >>> BP >>>>>>>>>>> Stray Kids > TXT > Enhypen > etc. Their streams are good but seriously not leaps ahead of their actual competition and their competition isn't BTS/BP, idk what Stays were smoking this last week. Album sales went to their head, probably.

• What is it with Stray Kids hate? I swear, they get the most hate of any Kpop group, and that includes BTS, BP, Twice and Ive.

Are we allowed to link to Pannchoa articles? I've seen some of the most insanely horrific Kpop related comments on that site and 90% of them are directed towards Stray Kids (the other 10 percent directed towards Jennie). They get it from literally every fandom it seems like.

• Just one thing I want to explain. Stray Kids had the biggest streaming debut by a korean act in 2023 on US, so their album is definitely being listened.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

However, an idol charting on Hot 100 through fandom only, even If said fandom is big needs organization through digital bulk buying, not only streaming, unless they get an insane attention from casual listeners or through autoplay/good playlisting/different digital versions on the group's store. Everything Stray Kids failed to have (unless they are an excepcion like BTS)

They charted #22 on Digital Sales while shows lack of interest/organization from the fandom to make it work.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mind you they had an average of 11k per show on Atlanta, 11k per show on Fort Worth and 22k per show on Los Angeles last spring between march 22-april 2. If all this people bought at least once for $1.29 on itunes or amazon, they would chart. But from what I could observe, the fanbases had a lot of donations, but lack of volunteers interested in buying digitally.

• 3rd place would be like BTS >>> BP >>>>>>>>>>> Stray Kids > TXT > Enhypen > etc. Their streams are good but seriously not leaps ahead of their actual competition and their competition isn't BTS/BP, idk what Stays were smoking this last week. Album sales went to their head, probably.

I'm surprised you saw this kind of behavior on Reddit, cause, curiously, I think most or at least a big portion of Stays there are sane. Different from tiktok or twitter where the fandom is something else...

• bunch of frauds. stays polluting our earth, dumping albums in the ocean. sickly group. sickly. can't even chart fraud cause nobody would even be paid to listen to their snoozefest and demonic music. bunch of sickly men stealing from women, and forcing itzy into nugudom. we have to get rid of these evil satanic men polluting our earth. frauding day and night but can't make good music. can't do nothing good for the earth. if the earth burns up tomorrow we know who to blame. sickly individuals need to pay for their sins and repent. but we know demonic stay will never repent, their souls are taken over by the Jezebel spirit.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• u cant blame people for comparing or quirying as to why skz s class not charting on hot 100....

In contrast, when bts 2019 mots persona debut with 200+k on bb200 , their single boy with luv debut at no 8 on hot 100!

Bts Be also debut 200+k on bb200, their single dynamite at no 1 hot 100 and every other b sides also debut at hot 100..

So skz almost 250k sales should logically chart right?

Where did all their album buyers go.... even if just 20% buy on digital platform... they should chart even without radio play...

• What is it with Stray Kids hate? I swear, they get the most hate of any Kpop group, and that includes BTS, BP, Twice and Ive.

Are we allowed to link to Pannchoa articles? I've seen some of the most insanely horrific Kpop related comments on that site and 90% of them are directed towards Stray Kids (the other 10 percent directed towards Jennie). They get it from literally every fandom it seems like.

The passive-aggresive behavior here on this thread completely unprovoked. Maybe you have a point after all ):

• stray kids also strong in touring too. I say they are best in touring among 4th gen and overall 4th after big3 groups of kpop

I already mentioned here a few times on some Stray Kids' threads I do, but I see their next tour being really big.

Not the Dome Tour one (what will also be big), but the next global tour. They already released two big albums after the start of Maniac Tour and haven't gone to the majority of the markets they have a big following yet.

• Didn't billboard change their rules? I don't understand how are ppl comparing billboard 2019 with 2023??

Skz didn't get radio plays nor any kind of promotion from their US label and fans didn't digitally buy their songs because RR didn't make it available (that's what I heard from stays and I'm not from USA) Their US label isn't very cooperative when it comes to promoting Skz. But Skz still managed to chart on bubbling under. They're also charting everywhere else around the world countries like UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, Italy etc. But of course no one's gonna talk about that cz they're bitter lol.

Didn't know that as that site seems to be made for hate and I avoid it.

I do like Stray Kids. Don't get the hate either.

Boy groups do get hated a lot in general (happened with the Backstreet Boys etc as well) for catering to an audience people look down on (mostly female, often young).

Stray Kids is one of the most popular ones.

Maybe there are more reasons, I don't know, but they don't deserve the hate.

• Didn't billboard change their rules? I don't understand how are ppl comparing billboard 2019 with 2023??

Skz didn't get radio plays nor any kind of promotion from their US label and fans didn't digitally buy their songs because RR didn't make it available (that's what I heard from stays and I'm not from USA) Their US label isn't very cooperative when it comes to promoting Skz. But Skz still managed to chart on bubbling under. They're also charting everywhere else around the world countries like UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, Italy etc. But of course no one's gonna talk about that cz they're bitter lol.

Yeah, that's a thing too.

Radio counts for charts and American radio is very reluctant to play Kpop.

Some people might say: "but it's not known by the GP, so they don't play it!"

Actually, American radio plays plenty of unknown Americans. That is often what turns them from unknown into known.

I do get the feeling that Stray Kids is stronger amongst European Kpop fans than in the US as well, but that might just be me.

Whenever I speak to or hear of a Kpop fan and they're a multi, very often of their faves is Stray Kids.

• Republic Records hasn't even made S-Class available for purchase as a digital release under their shop. The fact that they're even on bubbling under is impressive given the circumstances.

This situation seems to be unique, given that other K-pop acts under their label haven't received a similar treatment with their singles being released (albeit some delayed by a couple hours after tracking begins).

• the discussion here is not about availability of website store digitals or radio play.... but rather bcos skz was able to debut with 250k in bb200, which indicate that there should be sufficient no of fans to purchase from digital platforms like itunes, amazon..etc to help chart in hot 100, even without radio play.

Not necessary in top 50 but just any position in bottom half ....

Bubbling under at 19 is not an improvement cos they preciously charted at same position, when they debut lower ard 110k at bb200....

• the discussion here is not about availability of website store digitals or radio play.... but rather bcos skz was able to debut with 250k in bb200, which indicate that there should be sufficient no of fans to purchase from digital platforms like itunes, amazon..etc to help chart in hot 100, even without radio play.

Not necessary in top 50 but just any position in bottom half ....

Bubbling under at 19 is not an improvement cos they preciously charted at same position, when they debut lower ard 110k at bb200....

I already explained my point of view on the first page, but just to say some things

• Being sufficient no necessary means the fans will do;
    • They sold over 208,000 tickets for their last tour on US with a average price of $125, so their fans definitely exist and are paying 100x more on average than for a digital track, so yes, they exist and are a lot;
    • There was 2 rules changes since Maniac's debut. Just recently they changed due to their pettiness for Jimin's #1;
    • S-Class had more weekly streams on US than Maniac (and anywhere else, actually), just like the album;
    • The chart now is more competitive than in march, 2022;
    • Availability on groups' stores definitely help. They didn't put S-Class available nor different versions, but they added digital version with voice memo for the album what increased over 20k on Billboard 200, what is more expensive.

• if ur not aiming for high position, around 50 pts is enough to chart....

It's just strange that if fans are willing to buy multiple album versions, they should willingly spend 1.29 for digital..no?

I thought stays and skz themselves are hoping to enter hot 100 this comeback... that's all

• if ur not aiming for high position, around 50 pts is enough to chart....

It's just strange that if fans are willing to buy multiple album versions, they should willingly spend 1.29 for digital..no?

I thought stays and skz themselves are hoping to enter hot 100 this comeback... that's all

Not everything a fandom wants and plans ends up successful. Well, happens.

You can call everything fraudulent, from physical sales to digital sales to streaming numbers, but you can't fraud ticket sales. And on this departament, their fans are inclined to spend more than digital tracks. So as I said, It's impossible to insinuate a group with 14 arena concerts on US and 2 concerts on Bmo doesn't have a good following of real people that have money to spend on them and aren't just bulk buying bots. Or whatever people wants to call.

They just weren't motivated/interested or organized or didn't find as many availability they could have for buying a $1.29 track. Who knows?

• Not everything a fandom wants and plans ends up successful. Well, happens.

You can call everything fraudulent, from physical sales to digital sales to streaming numbers, but you can't fraud ticket sales. And on this departament, their fans are inclined to spend more than digital tracks. So as I said, It's impossible to insinuate a group with 14 arena concerts on US and 2 concerts on Bmo doesn't have a good following of real people that have money to spend on them and aren't just bulk buying bots. Or whatever people wants to call.

They just weren't motivated/interested or organized or didn't find as many availability they could have for buying a $1.29 track. Who knows?

didn't they take more time to sell out their stadium dates than Twice and BP?

• didn't they take more time to sell out their stadium dates than Twice and BP?

I don't know about TWICE, cause I don't follow how their concerts' tickets sell. But taking more time to sell than BLACKPINK should be worrisome? Both groups have sold over 1 million units for their albums on US.

Stray Kids sold out their first date on the same day It was opened, that's exactly why a second one was announced. The second took more time than the first. But It wasn't until closer to the date their fans bought scalper tickets, like happens to anyone who has demand.

But I'm not even understanding why It could be a bad thing since they had 6 dates on Los Angeles area for the same tour in a span of months (4 arenas and 2 stadiums). So the demand was well covered.

• forget about US. their melon charting is even more worrisome that there's no way it's not affecting the group personally because that's where they reside. Even their new song felt like a call to koreans who don't understand their popularity.

• I don't know why people are surprised that other people are surprised.

It totally makes sense for people to wonder. 5 million sales is not a small feat and should reflect a huge following of fans who are are ready to stream their butts off.

It's weird and its totally reasonable for people to feel that this is weird

• forget about US. their melon charting is even more worrisome that there's no way it's not affecting the group personally because that's where they reside. Even their new song felt like a call to koreans who don't understand their popularity.

It's just my perception, but don't you think If they were unhappy, they would change their music direction to please the said korean who aren't understanding how they are popular? It's under their control, since they are the ones in charge and deciding themselves what will be a title track.

I think It's a message that claims they came to a point they understand people won't like their style or music and won't validate their popularity, but they embraced this weirdness and think that is much better to be misunderstood and different, cause It will make you stand out somehow (hey, theres no bad publicity!), than being just one more among many others.

For example, they said they know S-Class would be polarizing, but they dropped cause they describe themselves as funnily annoying

• I don't know about TWICE, cause I don't follow how their concerts' tickets sell. But taking more time to sell than BLACKPINK should be worrisome? Both groups have sold over 1 million units for their albums on US.

Stray Kids sold out their first date on the same day It was opened, that's exactly why a second one was announced. The second took more time than the first. But It wasn't until closer to the date their fans bought scalper tickets, like happens to anyone who has demand.

But I'm not even understanding why It could be a bad thing since they had 6 dates on Los Angeles area for the same tour in a span of months (4 arenas and 2 stadiums). So the demand was well covered.

it shows how in demand they were.

with twice going to sofi it's just a matter of time that they go.

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!