Female idols with squeaky high pitched voices sometime irritating me a lot

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This type of voice for example lol although idk why Eunha sounds like this singing this song. She was not this bad from what I remember.

That's the reason why it's hard for me to get into Itzy or Twice especially in their early days. Same goes to Izone, I like the girls but I can't really listen to all their discographies because some of their voices irritates me a lot. I was glad that Wonyoung, Chaewon and Sakura didn't really using their squeaky high pitched voices anymore in their new group.

• Me too. I can't stand high-pitched voices. I don't know why idols like to sing in the stratosphere as if they only have a head voice, but it's awful and I hate it. There are some like IU who can do it well though and I can appreciate that. The ones who can't trigger my misophonia.

• It doesn't sound like how Eunha normally sings. Is it really her?

Its not even high pitched. It sounds like a 12 year old is singing the song. Maybe they deliberately distorted the tone in the studio.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

it feels like she's trying to sound like how Umji sounds for some reason, but ends up sounding 12

idk if Source or their new company don't have vocal coaches or they've been encouraged to sing like kids but it's sometimes really hard to listen to

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• It's fine if it's only 1-2 people in a group but if the whole group consists of high pitched singers I just can't

it sounds annoying to me no matter how good the song is :drinktears:

• High pitched singers like StayC Sieun and Cherry Bullet Bora are a two edged sword. I love their high notes sometimes but I don't enjoy their song covers all that much, unless it's a song that suits high pitch.

I think it's very nice for a girl group to have 1-2 members with (abnormally) high pitch but if the entire group is like that it's not that nice to listen to. They're also not that enjoyable to listen to as standalone vocalists.

I don't know what Eunha is doing with this cover though it clearly does not sound like her natural pitch she's doing.. something..

Same goes to Izone, I like the girls but I can't really listen to all their discographies because some of their voices irritates me a lot.

I can't deny this even as a huge WIZ*ONE. Many of the girls sound like chipmunks on some of their songs. And the fact none of them are singing in the same high pitch now in their post IZ*ONE careers..

• It's fine if it's only 1-2 people in a group but if the whole group consists of high pitched singers I just can't

it sounds annoying to me no matter how good the song is :drinktears:

is it possible for the whole group to be pitchy? :/

External Content youtu.be

• This sounds like a shit recording of a recording done on like a phone. Ya with cheap headsets/speakers probably won't notice how crap this quality is. She doesn't normally sound like this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!