Do you think Hybe vocal coach ruined Yunjin's vocal?I am worried for lesserafim futur

• [theqoo] THE SHOW, LE SSERAFIM'S #1 ENCORE STAGE
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

I know opera singer is really different than pop singer...the trainning isn't same i guess.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The international fans of pannchoa were surprised by yunjin as main vocal..she did regressed in lesserafim..she was amazing in pd48...we need banned hybe vocal coach or source music.

Asleast chaewon sound great with kazuha

Hanni liz lily haewon winter ningning haram did great jobs as main vocal in 4gen

• HYBE vocal coach?

that person probably doesn't exist

there is that other one magic person who loves autotune lol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yunjin is my bias, and I was thinking the same thing.

She hasn't sounded good or like a true vocalist since joining LSFM.

I was really excited for her to debut. I thought she would easily become one of the top vocalists in 4th gen, but so far, Chaewon is beating her in that department.

I think it's less whatever training she got, and more the way she has to sing. She isn't really "singing" and more just speak-singing.

I'll never forget her high note in High Tension during P48.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• She did sound better before, during produce. Idk what happened, can’t imagine your voice being ruined from training tho

Bad technique can deteriorate a voice. There are some idols that were already amazing singers pre-recruitment only for their technique to be either stagnant or worse after joining the company. Baek Yerin is a great example. Still an excellent vocalist and one of the best JYP ever had, but much more capable at 10 than 15 because of that stupid half-air technique

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• She very obviously can sing and sing very well. You're shouting regression off of ONE encore performance? Shame on you. Imagine being in the public eye, subject to being torn down from one live performance. Comments like this from mean-spririted folk is why many people develop complexes.

• all idols sound like great vocalists predebut for some reason

very fishy

One can go from being Luciano Pavarotti to a drunk karaoke guy if the conditions aren't right. Your vocal range, song choice, your state - standing, sitting, dancing, all of this determine your performance.

In those pre debut videos you see idols perform(while standing still) carefully selected songs, that they've heard million times before, after months of practice. Once they become full time idols, they have to learn brand new songs they never heard before, in a couple of weeks along with a pretty intense choreography.

• having a developed falsetto doesnt really translate to pop singing, its a specific skill she has, altho i was/am surprised how unimpressive she is, i thought she would be a top singer

e/ should note, shes extremely shaky when singing, which is the last thing i would expect from a trained singer

• One can go from being Luciano Pavarotti to a drunk karaoke guy if the conditions aren't right. Your vocal range, song choice, your state - standing, sitting, dancing, all of this determine your performance.

In those pre debut videos you see idols perform(while standing still) carefully selected songs, that they've heard million times before, after months of practice. Once they become full time idols, they have to learn brand new songs they never heard before, in a couple of weeks along with a pretty intense choreography.

well I'd say the mark of being a professional should be to deliver whatever is asked under pressure yes?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Actually yunjin stan write ;

Its because of the misunderstanding that Yunjin was trained in opera. It takes university level education at a conservatoire and years of being an understudy before someone can be considered an opera singer (the decline in skill in opera being a discussion for another time).

What Yunjin did study was classical singing, but she never achieved anything above a chamber choir level. For her age, she was quite good, but she became a trainee before she had the chance to fully develop her voice. I doubt Pledis had the necessary staff to help her develop her singing. She lacks a strong middle and chest voice which leads her to sound very shrill. She also never developed the muscles (glottal) that are needed to produce a belting sound. So she ends up pushing her voice out using her throat which will cause damage to her vocal cords.

Her pitch has also wildly deteriorated, probably from years of sitting in Pledis' basement without having a chance to train her ear and run scales with a proper voice teacher. I watched HYBE's documentary and their vocal team suck and give meaningless advice, so she's not getting much support there. She only really knows how to sing in head voice, but because the other parts of her voice are so underdeveloped the sound ends up sounding thin, shrill, and grating. Its actually really sad because its obvious she loves singing and wants to be able to do it well, but she doesn't have the opportunity to learn.

Classical singing and pop singing aren't actually that different. With the latter being derived from classical singing and jazz. Beyonce, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra are just a few examples of those trained with a classical foundation who sang pop. Eunji is also a good example of K-Pop singer with a classical foundation who is a free, bright, open and strong sound throughout her entire voice.

Sorry for the long comment. I thought I'd offer some explanation because I really like her and it saddens me she's not getting the chance to fulfil her potential.

No, they're right. She can't be considered an opera singer. What she was, was someone on the beginnings of a career towards opera. (Though iirc, her aim was Broadway not actually Opera, but with an inclination towards productions like Les Mis and Phantom). She was singing with a classical foundation that was still developing, but she stopped before she had the chance to actually develop her skills properly. Opera requires university level education at a conservatoire, understudy work, and sometimes even post-graduate training. That's about 15 years of study before you even have the chance to hit the board

• Actually yunjin stan write on pannchoa;

Its because of the misunderstanding that Yunjin was trained in opera. It takes university level education at a conservatoire and years of being an understudy before someone can be considered an opera singer (the decline in skill in opera being a discussion for another time).

What Yunjin did study was classical singing, but she never achieved anything above a chamber choir level. For her age, she was quite good, but she became a trainee before she had the chance to fully develop her voice. I doubt Pledis had the necessary staff to help her develop her singing. She lacks a strong middle and chest voice which leads her to sound very shrill. She also never developed the muscles (glottal) that are needed to produce a belting sound. So she ends up pushing her voice out using her throat which will cause damage to her vocal cords.

Her pitch has also wildly deteriorated, probably from years of sitting in Pledis' basement without having a chance to train her ear and run scales with a proper voice teacher. I watched HYBE's documentary and their vocal team suck and give meaningless advice, so she's not getting much support there. She only really knows how to sing in head voice, but because the other parts of her voice are so underdeveloped the sound ends up sounding thin, shrill, and grating. Its actually really sad because its obvious she loves singing and wants to be able to do it well, but she doesn't have the opportunity to learn.

Classical singing and pop singing aren't actually that different. With the latter being derived from classical singing and jazz. Beyonce, Whitney Houston, Frank Sinatra are just a few examples of those trained with a classical foundation who sang pop. Eunji is also a good example of K-Pop singer with a classical foundation who is a free, bright, open and strong sound throughout her entire voice.

Sorry for the long comment. I thought I'd offer some explanation because I really like her and it saddens me she's not getting the chance to fulfil her potential.

No, they're right. She can't be considered an opera singer. What she was, was someone on the beginnings of a career towards opera. (Though iirc, her aim was Broadway not actually Opera, but with an inclination towards productions like Les Mis and Phantom). She was singing with a classical foundation that was still developing, but she stopped before she had the chance to actually develop her skills properly. Opera requires university level education at a conservatoire, understudy work, and sometimes even post-graduate training. That's about 15 years of study before you even have the chance to hit the board

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!