Aespa’s song is alright but not enough to get them in the 4gen trinity in Korea

• so much competitiveness, why can't we all just enjoy what we want to enjoy, why does everybody need to be in the holy trinity :angryr: at this point I don't care who is more successful I just want people to release good music, who cares if the GP doesn't like it :boredr:

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• so much competitiveness, why can't we all just enjoy what we want to enjoy, why does everybody need to be in the holy trinity :angryr: at this point I don't care who is more successful I just want people to release good music, who cares if the GP doesn't like it :boredr:

It’s what remains as a legacy in the history of kpop. Countless GGs debuted in the 2nd gen but the ones most people will remember in Korea are SNSD, Wonder Girls, Kara. There was also 2NE1, miss A, fx. SISTAR, APink, but they weren’t as representative of the era even if they came close.

• well they are going to enter the top 5 of melon if it continue like this

and in 1 day they almost outsell every GG you mention latest release

so i would say saying they aren't part of the discussion is delusional

Talking about Korea. Obviously in China it’s a different story, as Chinese are big SM stans and they have Ningning.

• Talking about Korea. Obviously in China it’s a different story, as Chinese are big SM stans and they have Ningning.

Karina is the one who sells the most in China out of all female 4thgen idols, and guess what, she's korean

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wish kpop fans were less obsessed in creating tiers. Tiers is about clear division, the results makes it clear, we don't make random trinities and left out ggs with similar results. I do think later we can get that clear vision of what is the 4th gen top3, but we shouldn't force it for now.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I wish kpop fans were less obsessed in creating tiers. Tiers is about clear division, the results makes it clear, we don't make random trinities and left out ggs with similar results. I do think later we can get that clear vision of what is the 4th gen top3, but we shouldn't force it for now.

K-pop companies literally incentivize this type of behavior, the more competitive they become, the more money is to be made.

Still remembers the days of YouTube achievements.

• While Aespa isn't leading the pack in Korea, imo Korea doesn't matter in the long term. Look at Twice now, 50 50 with Cupid.

The groups that are not "teen" pop now, like Aespa, will move to the front in the next couple of years.

• Why does everyone insist on leaving out Idle?

I mean i enjoy LSRFM, it has Ssamkkura ffs. Their fanservice content is lit, their stages are incredible, and some of their B sides like Impurities, Flash, and Lamppost are amazing.

But they are not at Idle's level when it comes to digital charting in Korea, let alone Ive and New Jeans.

The Holy Trinity is Idle/Ive/New Jeans.

If you want, you can create a second tier 1B or tier 2 Holy Trinity composed of LSRFM/Aespa/Stayc, which i think is perfect actually.

The third tier Holy Trinity would be NMIXX/Itzy/?? (Could be Fifty Fifty, Kepler, or some other GG that starts rising).

• K-pop companies literally incentivize this type of behavior, the more competitive they become, the more money is to be made.

Still remembers the days of YouTube achievements.

That's right, the absurd album sales (from all top groups) are based on the competitive behavior. At least they should be less impulsive before creating tiers, a clear top is only shown at the final of the gen, so any ranking now is pointless (even more when all these ggs are showing great results)

• Mainly, gidle's contract is up I believe in less than 2 yrs. Yuqi and Shuhua will most likely promote in China where the big bucks are for them.

Also gidle is great during promotions, but they dropped quickly once promotions finished.

• Man....people were wondering whether or not their time was up since Girls showed little staying power, now that their title track is doing well & they're selling a ton people are sitll questioning :skull: They can never win.

For me 4th gen right now is about showing staying power outside of 5 minutes of fame, especially with how fickle KPOP stans are now and aespa are definitely winning in that department. That and the music are all that matters imo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!