This is why i called Ive the fourth gen version of Twice.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ive vs Newjeans is this generation's version of Twice vs Blackpink. Ive started the 4.5 generation just like how Twice started the 3.5 generation and dominated first. Then a year later came New Jeans/Blackpink to take the Kpop world by storm and engineer a cultural reset (BP's girl crush and NJ's Y2K aesthetic).

Twice successfully fought back against BP for 2-3 years and Ive is doing the same thing now. Ive and New Jeans will be going at it for the next two years at least.

• Is IVE bigger than Newjeans in Korea though? :whatr:

Like they are both juggernauts in the industry but I think Newjeans pulls ahead slightly because of just how HUGE their hits are in Korea. Like it's not every day a group breaks a record set by IU and BTS.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

And I could go on and on about how Hype Boy is arguably the biggest hit in 4th gen just because of how huge its reach in Korea was(and still is)

I think Newjeans and IVE aren't really a Twice and Blackpink situation. Because unlike in 2016-2018 where even though Blackpink was huge the more popular girl group domestically was undoubtedly Twice. Meanwhile IVE and Newjeans are neck and neck for that top spot. And while I personally think Newjeans is the more popular group, I think they need one more comeback to really solidify that.

• Can you stop comparing these ggs.

Ive and Nj are not reminiscent of twice and bp just like twice and bp had nothing to do with snsd and 2ne1. Yall just love pitting ggs against each other.

3rd gen had only big3 ggs dominating.

4th gen resembles more 2nd gen in how a lot of ggs are doing well at the same time except the chaotic fanwars.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Girl. Ive had bigger peak in ULs both last year and now. This should tell enough. It shows interest is bigger.

Unless Nj pulls over 600k ULs next cb, there is no doubt Ive is more popular. Love Dive never got paks but everyone know it's 2022 soty and it still is on melon top20 after a year.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Twice is a 9 member lineup of visuals. Possibly only Izone is comparable in terms of having so many visuals.

imo Ive is closer to Sistar or GFriend. But lets see how the fare internationally in the next 2 years.

Note also Twice after the debut, dominated the Korea market in their first 3 years. New Jeans soundly beat Ive when they competed head to head. So that is why Ive is a better parallel with GFriend.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• Twice is a 9 member lineup of visuals. Possibly only Izone is comparable in terms of having so many visuals.

imo Ive is closer to Sistar or GFriend. But lets see how the fare internationally in the next 2 years.

IVE can't be closer to Sistar or Gfriend when they are one of the strongest ggs in physicals of all time, not just 4th gen, got top25 on Spotify global chart without big playlisting, have the it girl of South Korea in their group and 40 award show wins with just 5 songs.

A non big4 gg competing against big4 groups in EVERY aspect never happened before (maybe T-ara?), so there's no comparison to be done. Currently Ive is on a league of their own.

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

• Hype Boy defining a generation IKTR

• External Content twitter.com

Ive vs Newjeans is this generation's version of Twice vs Blackpink. Ive started the 4.5 generation just like how Twice started the 3.5 generation and dominated first. Then a year later came New Jeans/Blackpink to take the Kpop world by storm and engineer a cultural reset (BP's girl crush and NJ's Y2K aesthetic).

Twice successfully fought back against BP for 2-3 years and Ive is doing the same thing now. Ive and New Jeans will be going at it for the next two years at least.

I'm actually love this kind of two horse-race. But I'm afraid this will be not the case. Baby monster still yet to be debuted, NMIXX and aespa still considered dark horses, (G)-idle is quite strong and fifty fifty is full of surprise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!