I don't get it why people complaining about big companies debuted so many groups in this gen when it's always that way

• If we take 3rd gen as the example, it do sounds like the market is getting packed right now when it's actually not. Kpop market is getting bigger so we have more room for more groups to shine compare to even 2nd gen. Even more and more groups from small companies now are able to sell above 50k. It's even better now because these groups from non big 4 have international audiences when Korea ignores them. If it was not a problem during the previous gen when the market were still closed, I don't see why there's a problem now when kpop have bigger audiences worldwide.

Sm:

Suju- 2005

Shinee-2008

Snsd- 2007

F(x)- 2009

Jyp:

Wonder girls-2007

2PM- 2008

2AM-2008

Miss A- 2010

Yg: They're pretty consistent

Bigbang- 2006

2ne1- 2009

Dsp (considering they were still a big thing back then):

SS501- 2005

Ast1-2008

Kara- 2007

Rainbow- 2009

Same thing with this gen. Technically, we can count groups under Hybe as few companies.

Note: I saw someone making a thread about it will hard to determine the end of the generation because of this. You don't have to worry, lol. Kpop stans will let you know when it's happen. Some of the early 4th gen stans even forced to open the 'new chapter ' of kpop because they can't compete with the 3rd gen groups. If you ask me, 4th gen should only started with Ive cuz last year do feel like the new era of kpop not 5 years ago when Bts, Bp and Twice still dominating like crazy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!