Anyone knows who Morgan Wallen is? Kpop fans are calling him fraudulent

• When BTS was up against Cardi B and Olivia Rodrigo both of them were huge names with hits but who is Morgan Wallen? He sells more albums in his 4th week than Txt, Twice, Jimin first week but no one knows of his songs? Is his success suspicious?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• some country singer? i don't really know him at all but a google search is enough. he has been caught using the n word apparently, which celebrity hasn't at this point. i don't know why he's famous but guess people love country music. i don't think he's fraudulent on the charts because i know how crazy people are for country music.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• He is a country singer and is very popular in some parts of US. Dude said the n word and it didn't do any damage to his career. His last album released in the beginning of 2021 is still top 10 on billboard 200 apparently.

• i don't know why he's famous but guess people love country music. i don't think he's fraudulent on the charts because i know how crazy people are for country music.

I think every country has this ... I mean the equivalent for American country music in my country is also that type of genre that some people hate and say "ew why?" but than on the other hand there are millions who love it

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• In Korea, there is a small but dedicated fandom of country music. However it doesn't seem that Wallen will be in any hurry to visit the country of the 1,344 years old singer.

• He is a country singer and is very popular in some parts of US. Dude said the n word and it didn't do any damage to his career. His last album released in the beginning of 2021 is still top 10 on billboard 200 apparently.

His sales actually like tripled or doubled when people tried to cancel him for saying it too.

I've started using dating apps again, and any guy who lists a Morgan Wallen song as their theme is an instant "nope" for me.

Never heard anything by him, and don't plan on ever streaming or contributing to his unfortunately successful career in any way.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• He's huge in many parts of the US unfortunately and his use of the N word only got him more dedicated rabid fans. They felt he was unfairly treated and they were determined to make sure he was successful. And pretty much everyone else just kinda forgot about his scandal.

• He's huge in many parts of the US unfortunately and his use of the N word only got him more dedicated rabid fans. They felt he was unfairly treated and they were determined to make sure he was successful. And pretty much everyone else just kinda forgot about his scandal.

it wasn't because of his use of the N word, it was because mainstream media tried to cancel him even after he apologized.

• You just know that on some country music forum, the same exact thread is being made about Jimin

That's just how vast the US music scene is

Unlikely, since those likely to follow country music are not going to pay attention to some Asian dude named Jimmy.

• galaxy brain take

The execs do read about other genres, and unfortunately because IU had fought the KPop acts so often and won a lot, her story probably inspired some execs even though the singers are unlikely to know her and Lim Youngwoong.

• They may have a point. He's mid, i dont see how he's selling so many records.

I went through a massive country music phase about 5-10 years back, back when bro country was the main thing, with acts like Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, etc. It was the only music that was still relevant that featured the guitar based music i loved in my youth. Basically the last remaining vestige of hair metal/arena rock you could still hear on the Hot 100 or mainstream radio stations.

I can't imagine his average music somehow outcharting and outpopularizing megabops like these:

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• I just think the demographics that listen to and are interested in Kpop and the demographics that listen to American Country are so wildly different that there is only a miniscule at best amount of overlap.

And hence both groups would be mostly ignorant of the successes and going ons of the other.

• some country singer? i don't really know him at all but a google search is enough. he has been caught using the n word apparently, which celebrity hasn't at this point.

Uhm... the vast majority of them? That's kind of a big deal, at least if you aren't black yourself.

Also, people who don’t know him obviously know nothing about American music and should not be taken seriously.

And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I don't have to know who the hell Morgan Wallen is.

Is that how that song goes? I wouldn't know, I know nothing about American music apparently.

It's funny, this is actually oddly topical, because it reminds me of international Kpop fans thinking their favorite acts are household names in America just because they manage to chart on Billboard. No bueno. That's not how it works. This guy is American himself and I still have no flippin' clue who he is.

• how do you go from FGL to izone like what is the transition point

• some country singer? i don't really know him at all but a google search is enough. he has been caught using the n word apparently, which celebrity hasn't at this point. i don't know why he's famous but guess people love country music. i don't think he's fraudulent on the charts because i know how crazy people are for country music.

If he is a country singer then that explains it. 50% of the US is big on country music. 5% and most probably less of the US listens to kpop. Taylor swift started as a country singer as well.

• If he is a country singer then that explains it. 50% of the US is big on country music. 5% and most probably less of the US listens to kpop. Taylor swift started as a country singer as well.

But everyone knows Taylor and she has hit songs like Blank Space. Have you ever heard any of these songs yet they’re so high on the charts?

External Content youtu.be

• When BTS was up against Cardi B and Olivia Rodrigo both of them were huge names with hits but who is Morgan Wallen? He sells more albums in his 4th week than Txt, Twice, Jimin first week but no one knows of his songs? Is his success suspicious?

Morgan Wallen's latest album has 36 tracks, which is why he has so many charting songs this year. I don't remember Billboard's formula for album-equivalent streaming, but that's probably also why he's "selling" so many "albums".

• What does IU and Lim Youngwoong have to do with some country singer in the US?

He is now challenging the order in USA

His company exec mostly referenced the examples of IU and LYW and saw a chance for a country singer to dominate entire music scenes

• Same reason Lim Youngwoong basically sent all these old trottists to the back burner.

Morgan tried to become a pop/rock singer but didn't pan out, so he chose Country which was still kinda stuck in the old way .

He became a new face, and has overcome Florida Georgia Line (which did inspire him)

At least in Korean Trot there was a change of generation , but the in KPop soloist genre someone a few days younger than Morgan (although she might be actually 1,310 years older ) has held her stranglehold for the 14th year so in that aspect USA is ahead of K-O-R-E-A.

• But everyone knows Taylor and she has hit songs like Blank Space. Have you ever heard any of these songs yet they’re so high on the charts?

No one outside of country music fans knew her songs until she went mainstream pop with her second album.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!