Kpop moments you think about a lot?

• Whenever in my JPop-playlist that one random Korean JPop-song apears and most of the time I first wonder "did I missplaced it?" and than remember how the artist is either a former KPop idol or KPop trainee and was just crying over his non existing career in Korea with a Korean song despite focusing on Japan

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• What is their name? :eyes:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

Also this dude, I know the song is in Japanese, but when I listen to it I totaly forget that the song is in Japanese and yeah ... it's maybe cause this song gives off the same vibes as kdrama-OSTs sometimes have

I could also link a few more things (even if they are in Japanese and might not be from a former KPop idol or KPop trainee) who make me feel such a way but this is just what I could find right now that makes me sometimes feel a bit confused till I remember :sweat:

• EXO members encore stages. They always deliver

• They are all so talented and handsome!

Wait so they are Japanese kpop idols?

• I think about this a lot

External Content twitter.com

Your brain>>>>>>

• External Content www.youtube.com

• EXO members encore stages. They always deliver

OMG! They have so many good encore stages we should make whole thread about it!

LMAO not Yeri talking selfie with Seulgi when she fell :angryr:

• Exo performing cloud9 in pink shirts at exodirdum dot 😭😭

Idk why it’s was just peak 😭😭

Cloud 9 is such a good song

• They are all so talented and handsome!

Wait so they are Japanese kpop idols?

No

For the artists

Video 1+2

cb26261950d4159b4bcb3649ca51e83e.jpgebca2aea6548a4aea025ada1faf7850c.jpged4337b408ba682890e24abba3ac7748.jpg

Noa, full Noa Kazama is a 23 year old JPop-artist under Universal Music Japan (I think he switched lables in 2021 since I belive he was first signed with Toy's Factory if I'm not mistaken). He debuted in 2020 with the song "LIGHTS UP" that was produced by the Korean producer Millennium who is a friend of Noa.

Before his debut Noa had lifed in Korea for 8 years of wich he spend 7 years as trainee under YG. Noa said back than he said out of nowhere he would love to move to Korea, without really having any intentions for moving there, however his mom took it for granted and very seriously and he even said he was a bit overwhelmed when she said she would do it and move to Korea with him despite that non of them could speak Korean at that time. When he was living in Korea for 1 year he said his mom took him to the hairdresser and to surprise him she decided to go the same one that the YG artists go to since she knew how much he liked Big Bang. When he sat there to get his hair done a guy turned around from another seat and told him that he was scouting people for YG and told Noa he should audition. Noa had no idea what it ment at that time since he barly understood Korean but he auditioned and was than trainee under YG for 7 years.

Acording to himself he left YG in 2018 when he was a bit pissed about some things and also felt sad about it. One reason was that he didn't liked it when he was one of the few trainees that wasn't selected for the show that formed Treasure. He said he was a bit feeling pissed about the situation since he was longer in the company than most of the chosen trainees and so he said he didn't liked how YG was kinda skipping on trainees who had been there longer. He than also said he hated how people apeared to ignore him when he asked the staff if he could help them by maybe writting or producing songs and he never got an answer if he tried to find out if there are plans to debut him. Noa said that at that time he became friends with Woong (AB6IX) and Millenium cause they were the only other people besides him who were not chosen to participate on the show that made Treasure and so he got to spend a lot time with them. When he said he wanted to leave YG his friends felt so sad about it, so that Millennium gifted Noa a song he produced that Noa later on made his debut song and he also promies Woong to someday make a song with him, wich ended up in being the song "Let Go" that was released in 2021.

From his documentary that he posted (with eng subs) on Youtube it seems like that he is still close to his friends by regularly video-chat with them.

In 2022 Noa than became part of the fictional boygroup 8LOOM that promoted for the Jdrama Kimi ni hana ni naru, since Noa played a role in the drama. The group stoped the promotions right after the drama ended. Kimi ni hana ni naru is based on the story of a woman who lost her job as a teacher and to earn money she decided to become a maid/nanny/houskeeper (IDK how to exactly say the job) for a boygroup not knowing that one of the boys is a former student of her.

Video 3

483cd4b884f01c4654bd0a116df172b7.jpgd318b304e884f0ff6f675e6c95cdc312.jpgd2fcd7a6bb0e7eeb2e7724ef8811d0b3.jpg

Yoondong, full Jung Yoondong is member of the JPop boygroup ORβIT (Or full Orbit Union) that debuted in 2020. Before his debut with ORβIT he used to be member of the KPop-group HALO. However they disbanded in 2018 and he aswell as 2 other members of HALO decided to go to Japan since they belived nobody was really into them in Korea and "Since HALO had more Japanese fans anyways we decided to try it in Japan again" and so he participated in 2019 on the first season of Produce 101 Japan, but after two of his group member droped out of the show on personal reasons he also droped out (and hell was this a moment, cause after almost all foreign or mixed participants had left the show Japanese people were dropping random rumors online back than that included that they might all left cause they were bullied for not being Japanese or only half Japanese, wich was so weird and dumb, and so the producer of the show told people to stop spreeding nasty fake rumors around). I am not sure if he is still living in Korea but he spends most of the time in Japan now (But as Japan was on a lockdown due to COVID he was in Korea for over a year) now he is fully in Japan since the end of 2021 so I bet he dosn't lives in Korea no more for the time he is with his group now

He is also member of the project group Dream Gate as of now since his company decided to put ORβIT, the boygroup BUGVEL and the soloist Hico into one group together.

Video 4

71ee67b9655b8f6fc5289cbef3ce2aeb.jpgf131adf2fa57b7181b8aa3b66bb1137c.jpgf595919ad3d00b1af0a17465d9034ce0.jpg

June, realname Jun Uehara is a half Japanese and half Korean JPop-artist and member of the boygroup ORβIT. He debuted with the group in 2020 and as like Yoondong is also part of the project group Dream Gate.

He orinaly used to be trainee of a Korean company and apeared on Produce 101 X in 2019 but left the show quit early on cause of how bad everyone thought he was and his situation was also not the best, since he was bullied for asking a few times "can you please repeat, I didn't understood" and the judges of the show claimed he was "oh great, another Japanese wannabe KPop-trainee who dosn't understands Korean" despite that he is half Korean. I remember how he got dissed from the judges for being bad in Korean altho his mom is from Korea and when he said since he lives in Japan and they only speak Japanese at home it was natural that he wasn't too good in Korean, the judges just didn't got it and made fun of him. I also remember how Netizens said he was an emberasing person with how he looked on Produce X. However he didn't gave up and participated on Produce 101 Japan season 1 in the same year and ranked quit far in the front at that time which is the quit oposit to what had happend in Korea before.

In 2022 June also had is solo-debut where he produced and wrote all the songs he has on his own. I think it has something that most artists in his company are quit involved into the productions of their own music.

Another random fact about him is that he has an older brother called Ichika who participated on the Chinese show Chuang2021 and the Korean show Boys Planet, however Ichika was eliminated on both shows.

Video 5+6

513c6a515f15f2487357299bff959966.jpgd3634552ab5e7c339120b485d991b89b.jpg8aa7f29c4fa3ba94d6b340d41f777f2e.jpg

Younghoon, full Kim Younghoon is also a member of ORβIT. He was also in HALO before and also participatedon Produce 101 Japan. He also made his solo debut in 2022 under the name of よんふん (Yonfun). However he released his music when he allready had enlisted to the army in Korea earlier that year. He also was went back to Korea when there was a lockdown and I think he didn't even came to Japan since than since the last MV they did together was filmed in Korea and there was also a video where the Japanese member went to Korea to film so yeah ...

Video 7

c57c947f987a03b30d1601193db8f054.jpgd7aa5e030413547575a1a80d0c4c1db9.jpgcb3a3ea5659f2e218d6550d997b3976e.jpg

Heecho, realname Kim Heecheon is also member of ORβIT. He also was member of HALO before and also participated on Produce 101 Japan before. He also made his solodebut in 2023 under the name of キムヒ (Kimuhi) despite that he enlisted to the army in 2022 together with Younghoon. I also think as like for Younghoon that he also hasn't been in Japan in a while after his debut.

IDK a lot about what the dudes of ORβIT did before who were members of HALO before they were in ORβIT so I'm sorry for not having detailed info on them.

• Sehun is so ;(

• Fell on my knees

• He orinaly used to be trainee of a Korean company and apeared on Produce 101 X in 2019 but left the show quit early on cause of how bad everyone thought he was and his situation was also not the best, since he was bullied for asking a few times "can you please repeat, I didn't understood" and the judges of the show claimed he was "oh great, another Japanese wannabe KPop-trainee who dosn't understands Korean" despite that he is half Korean. I remember how he got dissed from the judges for being bad in Korean altho his mom is from Korea and when he said since he lives in Japan and they only speak Japanese at home it was natural that he wasn't too good in Korean, the judges just didn't got it and made fun of him. I also remember how Netizens said he was an emberasing person with how he looked on Produce X. However he didn't gave up and participated on Produce 101 Japan season 1 in the same year and ranked quit far in the front at that time which is the quit oposit to what had happend in Korea before

Omg this is so wild!!! This makes me so mad omg!

• Fell on my knees

Because of betrayal? Lmao!

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• In my recent memory definitely these...

The sibling energy here:

External Content youtube.com

Cooking alone irl:

External Content youtube.com

• Whenever I feel down I watch this and immediately feel better :huuh:

• Omg this is so wild!!! This makes me so mad omg!

Yeah I remember he lefr Produce X as #96 and than was #20 on Produce 101 Japan season 1

what a difference

Also he is so talented, actually. He is so good in writting and producing songs tho

Here are some examples of songs that Jun either produced and wrote all alone or where he helped producing and he is so talented, I wonder why they made fun of him in Korea thinking he was super horrible and all...

• Also this one , probably one of my fave K-pop moments

Aaa sweethearts! Very well deserved!

• All of this makes me want to stan him ;(

Is he doing well in Japan now? I will listen his songs! :red-heart:

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!