Who should be responsible for the weight management/health of idols?

• Should it be the idols responsibility or the company? Because from the idol's perspective their weight affects their image to the public, and for the company they might see it as affecting their investment. But also it is the idol's own body that is being managed here so its complex

I'm curous becos of the way KNETZ talk about weight management is strange

1.png

2.png

• It would be abusive for the company to control their weights

and yes most companies are abusive

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• company should cover medical stuff and their manager should assist but day to day stuff like eating healthy and exercise should be all up to the idols

• I think the companies should be obligated to take care of the idols health, both physical and mental, you know, check out if theyre ok or to do something that needs to be worked on, provide guindance. esp with how many underage people work for them, its just absurd to not provide medical care.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think the companies should be obligated to take care of the idols health, both physical and mental, you know, check out if theyre ok or to do something that needs to be worked on, provide guindance. esp with how many underage people work for them, its just absurd to not provide medical care.

I jus hope that they actually follow the doctors recommendation, like for healthy weight ranges too. But companies are abusive wbk

• I think the company needs to do it.

I see this idol stuff as the same as a professional sports team. Whether people like it or not, their physical attributes play a big role in their success. Not just looks, but their physical and mental ability to promote under high stress and work weird and crazy hours.

However, it needs to be done right. Regular GP checkups and physical and mental health breaks, proper nutritionists and fitness instructors. Focus on health, rather than being skinny or just looking good. Education as to how different foods can affect the body. For example, I see so many idols binging on junk food because they haven't eaten properly all day.

It shouldn't just be left to the idols to manage. They aren't experts, and can cause long term harm by doing the wrong thing.

• The company should be responsible, but should hire competent and responsible medical professionals instead of imposing arbitrary restrictions in the pursuit of just an ideal image, often in risky ways. If they going to see it as an investment, they should actually "invest" in keeping their idols healthy so they can perform at their peak.

• if you ever saw that Le SSERAFIM documentary

They’re definitely not afraid of overruling medical advice

• Themselves, just like it is for normal people. To eat healthy and take care of their bodies.

I honestly don't agree. It is well known that is an industry where people develop body image issues.

Be it at their company hands, themselves, or people on the internet saying stupid shit.

I'd rather there was a medical team that is dedicated to that. One that includes mental health, weight management, dietician, fitness etc. One paid by the company but autonomous in decisions and can put them on hiatus if there are reasons to.

• I honestly don't agree. It is well known that is an industry where people develop body image issues.

Be it at their company hands, themselves, or people on the internet saying stupid shit.

I'd rather there was a medical team that is dedicated to that. One that includes mental health, weight management, dietician, fitness etc. One paid by the company but autonomous in decisions and can put them on hiatus if there are reasons to.

as health professionals, they are at an ethical obligation only to the patient (idol) and never their company. Any health worker who wouldn’t do that would probably be dodgy in the rest of their practice anyway

• I honestly don't agree. It is well known that is an industry where people develop body image issues.

I don't agree. I don't feel it is the responsibility of the company as they can be too strict with dieting regimes anyway. They can encourage it but it's ultimately up to the idol themselves to watch their diet and to exercise where possible. After all, it is their body and if they want to avoid health issues then they need to watch what they eat just like the rest of us do. If a normal person is overweight, it is not a fast food chain's fault if they end up with diabetes or heart problems because they wanted to eat that kind of food. We all have a choice, it's not forced upon us. Sometimes idols body image issues stem from a company's strict dieting protocol like with models. I personally think some of the idols are a little skinny anyway.

• I don't agree. I don't feel it is the responsibility of the company as they can be too strict with dieting regimes anyway. They can encourage it but it's ultimately up to the idol themselves to watch their diet and to exercise where possible. After all, it is their body and if they want to avoid health issues then they need to watch what they eat just like the rest of us do. If a normal person is overweight, it is not a fast food chain's fault if they end up with diabetes or heart problems because they wanted to eat that kind of food. We all have a choice, it's not forced upon us. Sometimes idols body image issues stem from a company's strict dieting protocol like with models. I personally think some of the idols are a little skinny anyway.

yes mate, but they are debuting 13-14 year old girls. I'd rather have an independent medical staff in charge of that.

• yes mate, but they are debuting 13-14 year old girls. I'd rather have an independent medical staff in charge of that.

Look it's just my opinion on it okay? I do feel it is up to the individual for what goes in their body. Please don't make a huge debate over this. I've said what I think so please can we agree to disagree?

• both idol and her own company

if she want to excel as an idol need to manage/take care of own her body

and company also need support

w proper diet or

had own dietician
    and personal trainer

could help their group/idols to max their potential

that is aside from vocal coach
    because idol selling or market their body as an idol
    aside from their voice😅

• Professional athletes, a lot of times, have nutritional coaches that provide expert opinion and advice to the athlete on what and how to eat to perform their best. Same goes for actors and actresses.

In a perfect world, I'd like to think that while the company is the one paying the bills for the health coach, the health coach should be protected by law from the company making abusive suggestions to them about the idols weight and appearance.

As it is, Idols should be in charge of their own health but companies might feel it unfair if they cannot control they image they'd want to present.

• For the record, I believe it should only ever be the idol's own responsibility and that their health (in the grand sense of the word incl. mental health) is always priority #1

I believe it ultimately should be the responsibility of their doctor and the health care team an idol sees. Why? Because idols themselves can be very flawed ij maintaining their health Just look at many idols who get sick if not worse from dieting trends they started or followed or felt pressured to do or plastic surgery etc they felt like getting was right etc. Plus idols that don't know when to take a break example Taeyong of NCT being virtually a paraplegic. He has severe damage to his back including herniated discs he's had surgery for and despite the wishes of his doctor he doesn't rest his back and keeps doing crazy dances etc to the point he literally has paralysis in his legs at times from the intense pain and obvious inflammation in the area people forget herniated discs are serious business because the spinal cord runs directly through them so damage to the spine is never to be taken lightly.

When in reality their doctors are unbiased and only care about the best health outcome of their patients they don't care about their looks etc only how much better your quality of life is both physically and mentally will be. So ultimately this should be up to a doctor more so than the patient

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!