Who should be responsible for the weight management/health of idols?

• Idols are athletes. imo if they really want to be the best that they can be, being fit is one part of what they need to do.

Fit doesn't mean super thin. They are many athletes with big builds.

It is the companies responsibility too. When there is the culture where idols want to be fit and have a healthy diet, they are less likely to get injured or suck.

I'll take the example of Loona. During their US tour, they were dropping like flies. Although all are pretty and thin, many of them were not fit.

• if you ever saw that Le SSERAFIM documentary

They’re definitely not afraid of overruling medical advice

Haven't seen it, but it doesn't surprise me based on the current environment.

Also a reason why it needs to be professional and certified people who are not on the company payroll. Perhaps part of an industry body who are also externally regulated to minimize the possibility of being bribed to provide bad feedback. Government should put legal protections around it as well.

To be clear, my comments before are based on a best practice type of solution. Companies generally just care about the bottom dollar so it will take government legislation, a visionary leader or shareholder pressure to make significant changes.

That said, I believe things have improved, as fans are much quicker to call out mistreatment and there is more behind the scenes content that we have access to these days. At least in the bigger companies.

Those that are saying individual idols should manage it are not taking enough context in to consideration. These idols don't make their own schedules. It's not like you and I were I can just take a day off, or go to the gym whenever I want.

These idols are literally on the clock 24/7, whenever the company has a schedule for them. 2am MV shoot or travel or practice, they have to go, they don't have a choice. They don't get to say "oh naur I can't perform on Music Bank tonight coz I gotta go lift weights at the gym, soz SM bud, I'll catchya later"

• an idols weight should be their own business but unfortunately in kpop the companies have made it their business

so it's a matter of "take it or leave it"

I've never heard of an incidence of an idol getting removed from being a trainee for her weight but I'm sure it happens

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!