NewJeans = 2NE1, IVE = SNSD, aespa = Wonder Girls. Agree?

• Now hear me out guys ;judgingpepe:

disclaimer personally i dont think this gen is shaping up to be anything like the last as success was very limited to the big3. so idg the comparisons between them. gfriend and mamamoo had the occasional hit but apart from that it was mostly bp/twice/rv world. if there's anything i've learned from this gen tho its that groups from smaller companies are starting to get their shine, similar to the 2nd gen where groups like after school, aoa, kara, apink, etc thrived

ANYWAYYY

aespa and WG both have this thing where they have alot of momentum at the beginning but essentially lose out on being the top GG due to their respective companies greed for the West. They kinda signify the start of their respective gens starting (to me), with Sohee and Winter (or Karina idk) being the breakout stars. They still pretty much remain relevant but never hit the peaks they hit during their rookie years

IVE and SNSD have this similar thing where they kinda steal the spotlight from the og biggest 4th gen GG in addition to having pretty much having 2 IT girls in one group (Yujin/Wonyoung & Taeyeon/Yoona)

Not as popular in the West as the 2NE1/NewJeans of their gen but still remain pretty popular in Asia? idk honestly I need IVE to comeback to make a good comparison

NewJeans & 2NE1 biggest similarity is that they appeal to Western tastes & trends better than anyone else in their generation. And their success in the market (relative to KPOP standards at each time......) reflects that. In addition to being digimons and having multiple hits on their debut and their first comeback.

Also ppl dont talk about it as much but 2NE1 sales were pretty good until Crush idk what happened there Lol! . Not as good as SNSD's. But still decent.

There are also very similar statements being made between YG stans back then and HYBE stans now but you didnt hear it form me

AGAINNN not everything is set in stone as babymon or whoever could pop out of nowhere and shake things up and this whole list will become moot. But that's just what I think.

I kinda wanna see sum discussion ;judgingpepe:

• The fact that nj keeps being compared to bp and 2ne1 when nj’s whole conception is literally the antithesis or mhj’s answer to groups like them :boompepe: Oh the irony :pepe-shame:

• Newjeans are newjeans. They don't have to be like that group

Newjeans music and style is nowhere close to 2ne1

The only thing they have common is smash hits out of the gate and occupying top five in circle chart with multiple songs.

Newjeans had the album sales though and massive global success already. Nj popularity is no less than any group in korea.

Wondergirls have actually many hits at national level. Aespa had only nl as massive hit. Others are moderate at best. Me being generous here. Wondergirls insult is terrible here. Even do your research properly

Never cared about snsd Or ive to make any comparison. But if you think I've is only national group, you are deldu. Snsd fans suffered from same complex.

Plus none of fourth generation groups need to be like second gen outdated groups. Things have changed, so are the groups. They have their own individuality

• wasn't the second IT girl in Snsd Jessica?

Taeyeon was known for her vocals from debut and her looks much later while Jessica was iconic right from debut, ice princess, vocals, visuals and chic fashion and that's how she invented Airport Fashion.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!