Should JYPE revamp its method of selecting members/creating girl groups?

• Music is another topic, but when you think of member composition doesn’t it seem like JYPE’s methods are outdated?

The groups revolve around great dancers but seem to lack members with natural charisma. Think Jennie, Hyein, Chaewon. Ryujin is more the quiet strong type. The only exception was Somi but they mishandled her so she left.

It always doesn’t hurt to have MORE visuals added to the group even if some people say they are the “useless” ones. Bringing in money is literally the most useful thing in a business. If JYP had his way Twice would just have been 6 members and no Tzuyu, Mina or Sana.

• Coming here to collect :akorns:

Btw. The only thing they should change is to give kids good music.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• JYPE’s issues is purely their music. In recent times it has mostly sucked, they have no issues building fandoms through variety and visuals. Would get away with it in other eras but not this one where gg’s are constantly delivering whilst JYPE are putting out crap songs

• Honestly the only issue is music, with a great song they can do well, just look at how well POP! did. I don't know a single person who dislikes or at least doesn't enjoy it tbh

Love TWICE but their bsides have become more memorable than their titles at this point...and while TTT was a great song imo it might come off as a bit underwhelming to some and not as great as their previous title tracks.

ITZY & NMIXX are going with weird expriemental route which obviously isn't what the general public wants, and while Cheshire was a bit of a step up it was kinda basic imo

Members isn't an issue because you have people like Ryujin, Yeji, Chaeryeong going viral in ITZY's case...and Sullyoon getting alot of attention in NMIXX's case. They just don't wanna promote them.

• I think it was BlackpinkHouse who said recently that dance groups are just doomed. As much as i like Ryujin's aesthetic and rapping pre-debut, she's kinda be lackluster as a leader/it girl for the group. I think they focused on dancing and that doesn't pay the bills anymore as a concept. Besides that, its just be average music, which can get them somewhat far, but not where JYP would want.

Being from a top companies guarentees some success if you just release basic/average music and skate by and i think thats what JYP did. NMIXX just messed up because they didn't do the basic/average music part and proceeded to not be able to brand members because everyone focused on their unorthodoxed music.

Whether it be Aespa, NEWJ, or IVE, none of them are really known for dancing (and i will drag Giselle all day for it) but some bring interesting concepts (Aespa and NEWJ) and IVE had a established IT girl followed by hits.

You either need good music or a concept to stand out now, and dancing isn't a concept.

• The problem with JYP ggs is that there music isn't to the public's liking and the group members themselves have no real promotion or relevance outside their cb. They're not having individual activities or doing group stuff like appearing on shows which has shown to do wonders for the songs or group as a whole as shown with Sneakers going a bit viral.

• Tbh NMIXX's only strength in this saturated kpop market is having better singers than most. But why does that matter if their songs are more dance oriented and don't show off their group vocals? They should've gone something more like a mamamoo route to be more unique and differentiate themselves

• It always doesn’t hurt to have MORE visuals added to the group even if some people say they are the “useless” ones. Bringing in money is literally the most useful thing in a business. If JYP had his way Twice would just have been 6 members and no Tzuyu, Mina or Sana.

clearly you didnt watch Sixteen

Mina and Sana are the more skilled ones on the show. Just that JYP isnt utilising them well on twice songs

• the JYP groups have good composition of members, just that JYP doesnt know how to use them

If you notice, most of the Top GG out there has popular members that are being promoted well / IT girl. JYP just aint willing to promote any of the girls individually, afraid that they become Suzy and Miss A 2.0

It is clearly not working in JYP GG favour, they barely vibe with the public anymore after few comebacks. Ryujin and Yeji were super popular back then but JYP didnt capitalise on it. Im sure the same thing will happen to Sullyoon and Haewon

• I remember looking at a list of the top GGs from 2nd gen onwards and there are almost zero performance/dance centric groups listed.

SNSD

2NE1

WG

Sistar

RV

Twice

BP

Gfriend

Mamamoo

Oh My Girl

Itzy

Aespa

Idle

Ive

New Jeans

Gfriend and Itzy are the only groups who could be categorized as performance centric (i would also include Twice, they have some amazing choreos but most would probably disagree). The rest of the groups are more about vocals, songs, concepts, visuals and stan attractors.

This is why i worry about Lesserafim. I dont want them pigeonholed as being a performance group, constantly raising fan expectations to a point where even they cant meet them. Plus doing all these heavy choreos plus having to learn so many choreos to please fans could easily lead to mental burnout and premature physical breakdowns. And yet they can't completely abandon this either, this is part of their legacy now. Hybe is gonna have to walk a very delicate tightrope balancing act with this group going forward.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!