I am really amazed at Americans' ability to jump on any Kpop discourse and shout "It is black american culture"

• When it comes to music and stuff, I can give you all a pass but literally jumping into the whole New Jeans copying Japanese groups/fashion discourse and unironically shouting "NO, IT IS ALL AMERICAN BLACK CULTURE ACTUALLY"pasted-from-clipboard.png

Like bruh, take a fucking seat, Americans whether white or black, did not invent the world. Your celebrities don't own the intellectual property to clothers that they wore, most of them are dressed by high end European fashion brands. Yet Europeans are often quite and Americans are being loud af.

• well, how am i supposed to hit my personal esg united nations social credit score quotas so i can raise my social media presence without being an annoying, clout chasing, virtue signaling oppurtunist then

• When it comes to music and stuff, I can give you all a pass but literally jumping into the whole New Jeans copying Japanese groups/fashion discourse and unironically shouting "NO, IT IS ALL AMERICAN BLACK CULTURE ACTUALLY"pasted-from-clipboard.png

Like bruh, take a fucking seat, Americans whether white or black, did not invent the world. Your celebrities don't own the intellectual property to clothers that they wore, most of them are dressed by high end European fashion brands. Yet Europeans are often quite and Americans are being loud af.

We didn't invent the world, but we did invent pop music. :pepe-joy:

Seriously though, people should be less divisive, constantly trying to claim everything as theirs and only theirs.

• This thread has unlocked a years old memory of you pointing out the Dilemma 'Oh' noises in Fancy

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hypocrisy? ;judgingpepe:

• And where is this happening? I've seen a lot of discourse about NewJeans uniforms and I've yet to see anything about it being taken from black culture

Some people are inevitably going to have some take about why ________ is stealing ______ culture and why it is problematic. My best advice to the OP is to get off Twitter and TikTok. Those people scream into the void there along with others who agree with them, but the vast majority of Americans offline (even with context) wouldn't care.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• We didn't invent the world, but we did invent pop music. :pepe-joy:

Seriously though, people should be less divisive, constantly trying to claim everything as theirs and only theirs.

Well, you did invent pop music but in my personal opinion, credit for pop music should go to scientists and technological advancement. Once it became available, it was up to who utilises it first and Americans just reacted faster, because the economy allowed you to.

Same about rock (you just electrified the Spanish guitar :pepe-hips: ) and house music. It is the engineers who made these genres possible in the first place.

• Interesting, I assume it's pretty iconic even if it isn't the best film ever? It was the only reference in WIL I never got and didn't bother with lol :skull:

Who is this woman Mina copied, tell me pls ;judgingpepe:

well ive heard its pretty iconic in France, you'd have to ask a french person to confirm that

its very old though

the woman is Sophie Marceau

she was 14 in that movie

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Dreamer95

The funniest thing is the majority of people act up completly different when you talk to them about the same topics but name a Japanese artist instead of a Korean one

I had quit different conversations with people over time and it was so strange.

What people said to me:

• "This isn't brought up cause JPop is not famous enough outside Japan" (so that means you would shit on some people if JPop would be famous enough to be talked about or what?)
    • "Is he even black enough?" (Someone asked me this after showing her a half african-american JPop-artist and she saw his hairstyle. I seriously had no idea what to answer so I just said his dad is from the US and than the girl seriously asked me if I could find pics of the guy's dad online just so she could check if his dad was black like black black)
    • "You can't compare the hate towards KPop-idols with the lack of hate towards JPop-idols with the same hairstyle" (someone really told me this in a chat like if it was acceptable to shit on KPop just cause it's KPop)
    • "I'm ok with Japanese people doing things like they do, cause they have no fans who can drag them down" (WTF dude?)
    • "Japan is being Japan so what did you expect?" (eh ok ?)
    • "Why should I even care about topics like that when it's not about my faves?" (Aha, so you like someone and therefore think it was ok to drag them down but if you don't like them you let them be... I don't quit get this logic)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• So you ran here to tell us how offended you are because black people are offended? Oh you added white people to not go to this territory…

• You know she kind of reminds me of Yoohyeon in that gif, do you have a type ;judgingpepe:

yeah

everyone who knows me says its obvious

btw if you like the gif that much, you might enjoy this

the song is also the one playing in her headphones in that scene

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• So you ran here to tell us how offended you are because black people are offended? Oh you added white people to not go to this territory…

I guess you'd be the offended black person in this situation? Or are you just assuming they'd be black? I can't see beyond anyone's idol pfp on social media, hence the generalisation. But we can dive into any territory you want, I am okay with that.

• idk about American angle of the whole thing but I find korean and Japanese netz fighting over which one of them invented catholic school girl aesthetics is funny.

Like both of you sit down

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yeah idk what it is but the Yoohyeon vibes are so strong, you def do and everyone is right

I was just intrigued by the Mina connection but she is really beautiful as a grown woman :flirt-pepe2:

• I have two simple thoughts when it comes to this stuff.

All modern pop music was derived primarily from black communities in America from around the mid 20th century. Mainstream pop, RnB, soul, hip hop, rock and metal, blues, etc. All of it.

Cultural appropriation is a useless intellectual exercise that is irrelevant and meaningless. It's fiction, made up by bored professors in ivy covered universities with nothing better to do, and its sole purpose is to be used as a weapon to intimidate and attack others.

Racism is a massive problem throughout the world. Whether some Asian person wears dreads as an aesthetic to make money as a hip hop artist or some black person learns how to make sushi to run his or her own restaurant, isnt.

• Yeah idk what it is but the Yoohyeon vibes are so strong, you def do and everyone is right

I was just intrigued by the Mina connection but she is really beautiful as a grown woman :flirt-pepe2:

yeah the scene is poorly recreated actually, but Mina looks pretty accurate

External Content www.youtube.com

u r m o m g a y

• Not Americans acting as if they invented everything while being them thieves themselves of every culture in the world.

well technically, american culture is a mix of every single culture out there

America was formed through immigration, but it definitely has its own culture (which then gets exported everywhere else, because cultural imperialism is our favorite hobby.) It's not like we merely mixed everyone's existing cultures together without creating any of our own in the meantime. That would be weird, if not impossible. We aren't "thieves," and you'd do kindly to not use your American technology to call us that. :pepe-mirror-glare:

• America was formed through immigration, but it definitely has its own culture (which then gets exported everywhere else, because cultural imperialism is our favorite hobby.) It's not like we merely mixed everyone's existing cultures together without creating any of our own in the meantime. That would be weird, if not impossible. We aren't "thieves," and you'd do kindly to not use your American technology to call us that. :pepe-mirror-glare:

just joke

i hecking love america

soccer ftw

u r m o m g a y

• Ironically soccer is a British term, but the Brits mock us for still using it instead of "football" just because they stopped. :drinktears:

no i think the funny part is american football isnt even played with a ball ( and rarely with foot )

i think it would be a lot less memed if they named it american rugby or something

still, im not an elitist about terms, call it what you want

u r m o m g a y

• no i think the funny part is american football isnt even played with a ball ( and rarely with foot )

i think it would be a lot less memed if they named it american rugby or something

still, im not an elitist about terms, call it what you want

American football evolved from rugby, but they're pretty different sports at this point, so that wouldn't work. Association football and rugby football were actually both called that because they were played on foot, as opposed to the sports of the higher classes, which were played on horseback. So it doesn't really matter how much the ball gets kicked around.

• American football evolved from rugby, but they're pretty different sports at this point, so that wouldn't work. Association football and rugby football were actually both called that because they were played on foot, as opposed to the sports of the higher classes, which were played on horseback. So it doesn't really matter how much the ball gets kicked around.

damn

interesting history

doesnt explain the ball part but it does explain the foot part

u r m o m g a y

• Some people are inevitably going to have some take about why ________ is stealing ______ culture and why it is problematic. My best advice to the OP is to get off Twitter and TikTok. Those people scream into the void there along with others who agree with them, but the vast majority of Americans offline (even with context) wouldn't care.

Maybe a few people somewhere but I have literally not seen it once.

This is primarily a fight between Koreans and Japanese, or kpop and jpop fans and he just decided to complain about black people for the fuck of it.

• As an American/person who loves in America I do think that wokeness has gone a little too far.

And most of the time, the wokeness doesn't come from people who are actually from said culture.

I remember on youtube a video about a loona member wearing this headset and the op claimed it was "cultural appropriation" cus it's a maang tikka when in reality it's just a random silver headset that looks more European than Indian.

And there was this Indian girl trying to explain that in the comment section and all these definitely not Indian people started hounding and bashing the girl saying they don't know anything about Indian culture and that it's offensive to Indian culture.

As if you guys know anything about Indian culture.

• its all mushy because black culture in america comes from white people during slavery.

theres a book here "black rednecks and white liberals" basically says when blacks were enslaved, they lost there culture, and picked up the culture around them being rednecks in south USA.

when they migrated to the north, they brought alot of the "music" with them and coined it, but where it actually came from no one knows

e/ this differs from people that come from the Caribbean

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!