RE: Biggest touring acts of 3rd gen

• Interesting question. This should be in the main forum. Anyway, this is my ranking

1. BTS

Wall of China

2. BP

Besides BTS they are the only group to tour Europe, Oceania etc but weak in Japan

3. TWICE

Best touring numbers by a female group in Japan by far. Strong in US + potentially Asia too. Maybe an Europe tour as well next year. They have grown a lot since their last tour so I can see the next tour covering a lot of countries.

4. EXO

5. SVT

Tbh I don't know much about either of these groups touring. SVT is stronger in Japan, EXO does better in Asia. But SVT can play a couple of arenas too in US something EXO hasn't done for whatever reason. EXO 2016 tour has 700k attendees according to Wiki which is more than SVT's Be The Sun so they are #4 for me. If TWICE's 2023 tour doesn't pull better numbers in attendees and revenue then they are probably #3.

• Coincidentally, I'm actually in the process of putting together an analysis of Third Generation girl group concert attendance.

The bottom line is that only Blackpink and Twice have any serious touring power. Both groups will end 2022 with around 1 million in total concert attendance.

• 320k attendance is not all that for a top BG. TWICE's Dreamday with 5 shows has 220k attendees and they had a million applicants for it. To me, 220k with 5 shows >>> 320k with 30 shows

Like I mentioned in OP, BP tours countries that are impossible for any group that's not BTS. That's more impressive to me and this new tour will outdo EXO Planet 2.

• Coincidentally, I'm actually in the process of putting together an analysis of Third Generation girl group concert attendance.

The bottom line is that only Blackpink and Twice have any serious touring power. Both groups will end 2022 with around 1 million in total concert attendance.

Why only do a Girlgroup and not overall?

• 320k attendance is not all that for a top BG. TWICE's Dreamday with 5 shows has 220k attendees and they had a million applicants for it. To me, 220k with 5 shows >>> 320k with 30 shows

Like I mentioned in OP, BP tours countries that are impossible for any group that's not BTS. That's more impressive to me and this new tour will outdo EXO Planet 2.

'Total attendance >> Number of countries' imo. Ateez toured in more countries compare to EXO, Twice, etc does that mean they have a bigger touring power than EXO & Twice? Ofc not, lel.

• 'Total attendance >> Number of countries' imo. Ateez toured in more countries compare to EXO, Twice, etc does that mean they have a bigger touring power than EXO & Twice? Ofc not, lel.

Total attendance for that matter didn't hold much weight cause there was no big difference in attendance to say total attendance > number of countries.

I know nothing about Ateez. Their recent had 180k attendees, that's good for a non Big 3 group.

• Total attendance for that matter didn't hold much weight cause there was no big difference in attendance to say total attendance > number of countries.

I know nothing about Ateez. Their recent had 180k attendees, that's good for a non Big 3 group.

I actually responding to your 2nd paragraph when I said 'total attendance >> number of countries' lol, cause ppl keep saying how BP is a bigger touring act than other top group simply bcs they manage to tour in more countries compared to others which is absurd imo, cause group with mid popularity like Ateez manage to tour in various countries as well.

• It would be nice to see! I'm not here that often as before, if it's possible to tag me, when the stat is ready?

Of course. I've added a note in my analysis spreadsheet to notify you when I post my results.

Do it after Twice new tour pls

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there have been no details released concerning Twice's next tour. That being said, yes, I agree that the analysis should be updated once the tour concludes.

Why only do a Girlgroup and not overall?

Ah, the reason is quite simple: I don't really follow any boy groups.

• I actually responding to your 2nd paragraph when I said 'total attendance >> number of countries' lol, cause ppl keep saying how BP is a bigger touring act than other top group simply bcs they manage to tour in more countries compared to others which is absurd imo, cause group with mid popularity like Ateez manage to tour in various countries as well.

Oh. Well then I can only say it's your opinion.

There is no question atp that BP is #2. Ateez also doing that doesn't make it less impressive cause Ateez still won't manage a tour bigger than 500k(vv weak in Asia). While Born Pink tour is looking at a million attendees when it's finished.

So that's both number of countries and total attendance lmao.

I only listed that reason for BP cause 1. I wasn't aware Ateez has toured in Europe. 2. That just seemed more impressive to me.

BP can do stadiums in SEA as well.

• I actually responding to your 2nd paragraph when I said 'total attendance >> number of countries' lol, cause ppl keep saying how BP is a bigger touring act than other top group simply bcs they manage to tour in more countries compared to others which is absurd imo, cause group with mid popularity like Ateez manage to tour in various countries as well.

There is no question atp that BP is #2. Ateez also doing that doesn't make it less impressive cause Ateez still won't manage a tour bigger than 500k(vv weak in Asia). While Born Pink tour is looking at a million attendees when it's finished.

So that's both number of countries and total attendance lmao.

I think you're both correct. Both the depth (number of attendees) and breadth (number of locations) of touring are worth considering.

A fun fact: Dreamcatcher has toured in more countries than Blackpink and Twice, *combined*. :wow:

But what set apart BLACKPINK is not only the amount of countries they go. But how they have a well distributed ratio of arenas and stadiums while still being able to pull on expensive tickets in concerts and sell it out.

For example, there's clearly a difference between BLACKPINK going to Prudential Center

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And ATEEZ going to Prudential Center

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's not different in other countries as well.

• Have twice done enough to be above exo and seventeen? In the end, the biggest touring acts need to be earning the most money from their tour. Twice tours have been short and focused on maxmising profit for the company rather than gaining exposure. They target only the important markets they want like US and japan and leave the rest.

• Know this..

EXO has done stadium shows in Korea as well as China.

Domes in Japan.

Hardly 10 shows in North America and South America (combined) iirc and this was all before rise of KPOP in US/LA.

The haven't stepped out of Asia (atleast for an EXO concert) in the last 5.5 years essentially after the global expansion of KPOP.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• EXO's touring power for me is even more impressive when I remember their peak in tours - EXO'RDIUM - was when they couldn't benefit from K-pop's global expansion like most of their peers since they had to be less promoted as a group since 2018 and their military service started in 2019.

Tbh, I was gonna rank them 3rd but lack of NA made them #4. I know it's because they haven't promoted since 2019 but multiple groups still promoting haven't done as well as Twice. So maybe even if EXO continued promotions, Twice would still do better.

Exo planet 2 has 700k total attendees, 300k from Japan + 110k from Korea. So more than half only from 2 countries. Many dates in Asia are also unreported, idk if it was because they failed to sell them out or SM decided to be lazy so imo, EXO is #4 for the time being.

I am curious to see how hiatus affected their fanbase if they go on tour next year. Could end up anywhere from 2-4.

• Tbh, I was gonna rank them 3rd but lack of NA made them #4. I know it's because they haven't promoted since 2019 but multiple groups still promoting haven't done as well as Twice. So maybe even if EXO continued promotions, Twice would still do better.

Exo planet 2 has 700k total attendees, 300k from Japan + 110k from Korea. So more than half only from 2 countries. Many dates in Asia are also unreported, idk if it was because they failed to sell them out or SM decided to be lazy so imo, EXO is #4 for the time being.

I am curious to see how hiatus affected their fanbase if they go on tour next year. Could end up anywhere from 2-4.

My comment wasn't because I want to put them above TWICE, more like a compliment to their numbers, despite the timing not benefiting them as much. I'm also curious to see how they will do when they can comeback and tour as a full group like Super Junior that has been doing very well.

To be really fair, I don't think TWICE has been totally benefiting from the Global expansion too, despite having the timing and their international big growth in the past years in their favor.

But while EXO has their own adversities, TWICE's seem to be JYP understimating their touring power. I hope their next tour they go to Europe, SEA and here on Latin America too, they have a big following

• Tbh, I was gonna rank them 3rd but lack of NA made them #4. I know it's because they haven't promoted since 2019 but multiple groups still promoting haven't done as well as Twice. So maybe even if EXO continued promotions, Twice would still do better.

There were multiple rumors and articles of EXO touring in 2023 so yeah... We'll see

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• We should make total gross the deciding factor like billboard does and not number of attendees or number of shows

20221211_222725.jpg

As the poster above said, you can only compare the numbers you can find.

Finding attendance numbers is hard enough, trying to find financial numbers for everyone would be very difficult.

• to think BTS made around 70M from only around 8 PTD shows.... they are such a touring force.

gosh... MOTS Tour would have been massive... it had 16 stadium dates in the US + over 12 dome dates in Japan and that was pre they blew up with dynamite... so their touring power is even bigger now (i mean we saw that from the PTD shows selling out in ARMY PRESALE alone)

• What wall of China 💀

BP 2nd world tour is about to out-gross BTS world tour 💀

• Lmaoo YG already confirmed BP will have atleast 1.5M attendance

They can also do stadiums in the west 💀

• Total gross is hard to find for most groups. On Wiki, for each tour hardly 1 or 2 shows revenue is listed. And it's a hassle to search for them on Twitter.

There's a site that I visit to know the touring numbers. You can check out touringdata.com

• to think BTS made around 70M from only around 8 PTD shows.... they are such a touring force.

gosh... MOTS Tour would have been massive... it had 16 stadium dates in the US + over 12 dome dates in Japan and that was pre they blew up with dynamite... so their touring power is even bigger now (i mean we saw that from the PTD shows selling out in ARMY PRESALE alone)

Aren't they in long hiatus now? There's no guarantee they can attain their touring demand now that they're enlisting. They will lose a lot of fans within those breaks.

• This thread contains 74 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!