Which daesangs over the years do you believe are rigged?

• Not everyone considers the same things as rigged. So share which one do you think is rigged and also why.

Tbh I only followed the award shows till 2018 and even when EXO lost I didn’t find award shows rigged because I personally don’t believe it’s necessary for the top #1 group to always win. As long as it’s one of the top groups I find it ok and more interesting to spice it up but that’s just me.

60619b148b25d76d88138e9fb9a750ba.gif

• We kinda have the same opinion. For me, and I'm saying this as a former ARMY. BTS doesn't have to win every single thing 24/7. They are an amazing group and have made milestones with their music don't get me wrong.

But there is so many other groups who have worked hard and should be recognized for their work as well.

When I first got into kpop it was EXO for me. But I personally though they didn't get as many awards as they should have for the content and music after music they were putting out.

Also/Extra:

After realizing the hard work I put into voting and stuff, I realized that there is just no way to beat the top two groups most of the time, although I find its nice to vote, I just loose a lot of hope for those smaller groups 🤷‍♀️

• I can't think of any. Maybe I just don't care enough unless my faves win

:Leeseo37:

Yeah, ditto.

I can think of groups who I thought should have more recognition, but I have not found the people who won to be completely outrageous to the point I felt a need to really question why they were there.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I think EXO had their wins and I’m content. Am I still salty about 2017-18 award season? Yes but I still don’t like think it’s rigged even if I’m still unhappy about it :pepe-love-not: :peperain:

I don’t necessarily believe hard work should be rewarded with daesangs. But like I don’t really care that NCT won the AOTY or Twice won SOTY. Imo it’s not as big of a deal as people make it out to be.

• pretty lukewarm opening post for such a potentially fiery subject ;judgingpepe:

i agree with you though... do i think award shows give themselves room to play around with the results or have nebulous criterias on purpose? yeah. is that rigging? i don't think so.

i guess to name names for illustrative purposes, there was a recent nct... dream? daesang that seemed to ruffle some feathers, but honestly it's not as if they didn't have the success to back it up or weren't one of the top acts of the year so i really don't think it should be that controversial a win.

call me when weki meki wins aroty then we'll talk about rigging :pepe-sad:

• pretty lukewarm opening post for such a potentially fiery subject ;judgingpepe:

i agree with you though... do i think award shows give themselves room to play around with the results or have nebulous criterias on purpose? yeah. is that rigging? i don't think so.

i guess to name names for illustrative purposes, there was a recent nct... dream? daesang that seemed to ruffle some feathers, but honestly it's not as if they didn't have the success to back it up or weren't one of the top acts of the year so i really don't think it should be that controversial a win.

call me when weki meki wins aroty then we'll talk about rigging :pepe-sad:

I should have just put a list of acts I found rigged and nothing else in the OP…would have set the tone for a fight and drama :pepe-hehe:

• Some shows just give daesangs to those who attend

Some companies are also close to certain award shows

But it doesn't really matter in the long run for most groups

The only ones to lose out are one time hit groups from small companies who know they will not get an opportunity to win an award next year

Like omg, brave girls etc probably know they won't even get an invitation when the hype of the era does down

• Not really rigging but SMA made up a daesang in 2020. Then, it became one again next year. Is that a blatant made up daesang? I just found that weird.

But, who am I to judge when I only got invested in k-pop in 2018. Maybe, that is a norm afterall.

• Gosh… most daesangs have a primary criteria of sales, so if you think a group deserves to be recognized then they should sell more. Simple as that. What? Are we going to start giving away participation awards because we feel bad for groups that don’t sell as well?

Now some daesangs do have jury percentages and that’s when it gets a little tricky. But most winners are usually in the top 5 of sales of the year anyways.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Not exactly rigged but clearly there was an agenda going on. MAMA 2009 and 2010.

Mnet and SM we’re having a feud for this years and all SM artists were banned for the most for anything related to Mnet including of course MAMA. As everyone knows SNSD was ripping and tearing everything including sweeping daesangs at other award shows but for all intents and purposes they were not winning any big awards at MAMA (Suju did win a few of the fan voted awards). So the eventual winners weren’t exactly the most deserving those years.

The stupid part? SNSD was still nominated for some awards lol. If you’re going to do something controversial at least go the full way instead of half assing trying to save face.

• Nbody listing shit so I will

Exo winning aory with growl when it charted low in melon yearly chart

That time sma who always had 1 daeaang give one to ty

They doing the same for 127 in 2021

When met give what is love story lmao

Dream genie daesang

Whatever dumb award monatax or mamamoo got

:flirt-pepe: you are welcome

• Oh you seem new to kpop! That’s ok it’s easy to forget stats lol. EXO only won SOTY at one major award show and it was MMA and Growl was actually #2 on the streaming chart for 2013 and melon is actually a streaming platform! It was a very much deserved award backed by actual stats. Melon have always given importance to their own streaming. And if EXO was #2 on even the Gaon streaming chart I can’t imagine how high the internal streams would have been. No one other than EXO could have gotten that MMA SOTY if you knew about how melon have always cared about their internal data. They even say it over and over again.

I’m assuming you wrongly confused GDA with Melon! They didn’t win that one. And that’s the one using the over all Gaon digital chart.

• Oh you seem new to kpop! That’s ok it’s easy to forget stats lol. EXO only won SOTY at one major award show and it was MMA and Growl was actually #2 on the streaming chart for 2013 and melon is actually a streaming platform! It was a very much deserved award backed by actual stats. Melon have always given importance to their own streaming. And if EXO was #2 on even the Gaon streaming chart I can’t imagine how high the internal streams would have been. No one other than EXO could have gotten that MMA SOTY if you knew about how melon have always cared about their internal data. They even say it over and over again.

I’m assuming you wrongly confused GDA with Melon! They didn’t win that one. And that’s the one using the over all Gaon digital chart.

no, I'm not

Exo charted growl 53th the yearly digital chart, soty isn't decide by the streaming chart alone, and even then apink nox3 was above it and lower in digital and didn't win anywhere so by that logic exo chances were even lower

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!