[BTS CONTENT] Before Dynamite, paks and daesangs were all the rave. After Dynamite, kpop stans are skipping all the way to a grammy??

• It's BTS fault really. If PSY and his GIGANTIC WORLDWIDE HIT "GANGNAM STYLE" was never nominated for a grammy, what is giving kpop stans this unwarranted BRAVERY in getting a nom? Most ARMY on twt were very skeptical about BTS' chances of getting more than one nomination, and here you have kpop stans saying their irrelevant faves are being rigged against them. AT THE GRAMMYS??? I can't even. How about winning A DAESANG first, then having grandiose delusions later? That used to be the status quo before BTS and should start picking up steam after they leave for the military. This is giving a deja vu on how BTS doing stadium concert dates in the west made every stan think their favs could also do it.

Part 1/3 of my "nothing for kpop" series of threads.

• Kpop stans think it's easy-peazy, hit a number on Billboard 200, have some theatre/arena concerts in the US and boom they think they deserve a nomination. No matter what you think about the Grammys, getting an actual nominations is pretty difficult. It's a mix between popularity, charting and actual good music. I think kpop stans confuse the popularity of their favourite groups within their own bubble and kpop community with the actual wide and international reach that BTS has both on the charts and media around the world.

• nobody is dragging anyone, I think this is actually an interesting discussion. You always jump to conclusion just to drag armys boo hoo

and here you have kpop stans saying their irrelevant faves are being rigged against them. AT THE GRAMMYS??? I can't even. How about winning A DAESANG first, then having grandiose delusions later? That used to be the status quo before BTS and should start picking up steam after they leave for the military. This is giving a deja vu on how BTS doing stadium concert dates in the west made every stan think their favs could also do it.

Part 1/3 of my "nothing for kpop" series of threads.

Sorry, they were praising kpop groups here right? Ops. I read it wrong.

• nobody is dragging anyone, I think this is actually an interesting discussion. You always jump to conclusion just to drag armys boo hoo

It's very shady, i'm not sure how it's not obvious.

And to OP, this is barely bts content, you are using their achievements and something they worked hard for to be toxic and shady to other groups for no reason, have some more respect for your own faves.

• It's very shady, i'm not sure how it's not obvious.

And to OP, this is barely bts content, you are using their achievements and something they worked hard for to be toxic and shady to other groups for no reason, have some more respect for your own faves.

Sorry, they were praising kpop groups here right? Ops. I read it wrong.

You completely missed the point of this thread. But I expect nothing from obtuse blinks always ready to frame armys.

• You completely missed the point of this thread. But I expect nothing from obtuse blinks always ready to frame armys.

Oh, i thought you were going to prove me op wasn't trying to drag others kpop groups instead of just making it about being blinks kkkkkk i guess they calling others irrelevant faves was enough for you to see too the intention.

• You completely missed the point of this thread. But I expect nothing from obtuse blinks always ready to frame armys.

There is no point in this thread?

Why are you getting so defensive? I didn't even say anything bad about BTS or armys, only about the contents of the thread. It is not made to create discussions, not made to congratulate BTS.

Talking about unwanted bravery, irrelevant faves, mentioning winning a daesang first, nothing for kpop series..what kind of discussion is this gonna create? It's toxic in the first place and something like this will only create more toxicity.

Also, what is wrong with anyone hoping their faves get nominations or whatever? Who exactly is it hurting?

• Oh, i thought you were going to prove me op wasn't trying to drag others kpop groups instead of just making it about being blinks kkkkkk i guess they calling others irrelevant faves was enough for you to see too the intention.

Bruh, OP opened an interesting discussion. I've been on this forum long enough and I've seen hundreds of threads made by kpop stans as to why their favs deserve a nomination for just the most irrelevant things or the smallest dent in a US chart just because BTS got one. Yeah, now haters are using 'BTS not winning a GRAMMY' card as an insult when they can't even top melon let alone getting a grammy nomination even when they desperately wish for one.

• Bruh, OP opened an interesting discussion. I've been on this forum long enough and I've seen hundreds of threads made by kpop stans as to why their favs deserve a nomination for just the most irrelevant things or the smallest dent in a US chart just because BTS got one. Yeah, now haters are using 'BTS not winning a GRAMMY' card as an insult when they can't even top melon let alone getting a grammy nomination.

Op used a BTS achievement to shade whatever group they dislike.

If op wanted a real discussion as YOU are insinuating I'm sure calling others irrelevant, daesang less etc wouldn't be in the vocabulary.

What antis said or not aren't my problem as I don't even know exactly what you are trying to justify here.

We are in this thread, not in others and this thread isn't what you are trying to say it is. The intention is clear and you making it about others prove it bc you can't even look at op and show me where the discussion should be made or which part is the discussion SPECIALLY WITH THE BTS CONTENT where it's obviously calling just armys while shameless dragging others groups.

• Op used a BTS achievement to shade whatever group they dislike.

If op wanted a real discussion as YOU are insinuating I'm sure calling others irrelevant, daesang less etc wouldn't be in the vocabulary.

What antis said or not aren't my problem as I don't even know exactly what you are trying to justify here.

We are in this thread, not in others and this thread isn't what you are trying to say it is. The intention is clear and you making it about others prove it bc you can't even look at op and show me where the discussion should be made or which part is the discussion SPECIALLY WITH TYE BTS CONTENT where it's obviously calling just armys.

Fine, but use this attitude as well with your fellow blink mates who are constantly shading BTS and other girl groups if you want to be a justice warrior so badly.

• Fine, but use this attitude as well with your fellow blink mates who are constantly shading BTS and other girl groups if you want to be a justice warrior so badly.

Moon, when Hardy made some bad threads coming for BTS i was there dragging his ass and I literally defend any 4th gg in this forum, I'm not trying to be a justice warrior, i just see threads and interact there. Be it good or bad.

• Shade aside (because it's plainly there lol), BTS has made it look like becoming an A-list act in the US is easy. However, it's definitely not. Especially for a foreign artist.

There is nothing wrong with kpop acts wanting to make it big here. If we can see how BTS' career was affected by blowing up in the US, I'm sure that actual groups see it and want a piece of that too. It's natural to see someone be a superstar and dream of that for yourself.

However, is it annoying to see stans of other groups diminishing BTS' success in an effort to make it look like their faves are good enough for a Grammy? Yes. The Grammys (despite having racial bias and sexist allegations) are still one of the pinnacles of musical recognition in the US, up there with getting RIAA certified and charting on the Billboard Hot 100. BTS has gotten 2/3 of these achievements. So getting a Grammy would complete their US dreams (since they already did a stadium tour in 2019 media0.giphy.com/media/MePuyF31OVCwpVAb7Q/200w.gif...)

That's just my 2 cents.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I think the title is fair, but the actual post does bring up examples that really didn't need to be added. Unfortunately this has led to fanwars instead of actually discussing the phenomena of BTS winning an award and suddenly social media is alight with other kpop fans wanting it for their faves too.

The part of this offends me is not stans wishing for the faves to get an award, but many of those doing so have a history of putting down BTS, trying to minimize all the hard work they do and indirectly implying (and sometimes directly, I've seen the tweets) that is must be easy if BTS got it. But it is what it is and on such a happy day, I'm not gonna dwell on it.

• I was writing my post while you made yours :*

• Far too many Kpop stans diminish everything BTS do. That thread that so many kpop fans participated in on here after BTS' first grammy loss showed how bitter and nasty certain fandoms can be. They tried to drag BTS while being completely obtuse to the fact that BTS lost a Grammy. However you feel about it, a Grammy is still a Grammy.

What BTS has been able to accomplish is unprecedented even for western groups and BTS have worked their tails off to get where they are, so it's unfortunate there are so many kpop fans that try to downplay those accomplishments and act like it's something that's easy to do. There's a lot of kpop fans that sincerely feel that once BTS is gone to the military all of those awards will just start falling into their fave's laps.

Once again, Kpop fans wanting awards and accomplishments for their faves is cool, kpop fans downplaying the time and effort BTS has put in to get those awards and accomplishments is not cool.

As for some people replying to this thread, I find it interesting because other fandoms make thread after thread about how people are jealous of their fave's success but claim those threads aren't "bashing threads" they're "appreciation threads".

Of course Op's thread is shady. It's supposed to be, doesn't make it any less correct. Also OP didn't mention any groups specifically yet certain fandoms came in quick to complain, must have hit a nerve... Yeah, it's unnecessary but so are other groups threads. Other fandoms can make 50 threads like this but people are expected to just keep it moving when it comes to those thread, yet people just can't do the same with this thread...

It's fine that people don't want threads to be shady but it's annoying for them to have an issue when they constantly make or are a part of shady threads for their faves.

That's just my thoughts. Congrats to BTS. They sincerely deserve all the recognition they get. They've worked hard for it.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• Once again, Kpop fans wanting awards and accomplishments for their faves is cool, kpop fans downplaying the time and effort BTS has put in to get those awards and accomplishments is not cool.

This is my stance on the modern kpop fandom landscape in a nutshell.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!