So female Idols need to cover everything from neck to toes in that KCON Saudi Arabia...

• Secret Number were all black

and here is Sunmi

kconsa.jpgkcon2.jpg

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I am watching rain, some of his dancers are showing skin and his shirt is unbuttoned from the top.

So I am not sure what are the rules they have to follow.

I don't know the rules, but know enough that they would be different for men and women.

• I don't know the rules, but know enough that they would be different for men and women.

Yeah, I get that for him, but some of his dancers are women, and they are showing more skin that I would have suspected.

• how is this surprising? did you expect them to wear short skirts?

they know in which country they are performing, they are aware of what kind of clothes they should wear on stage

• how is this surprising? did you expect them to wear short skirts?

they know in which country they are performing, they are aware of what kind of clothes they should wear on stage

Ah I know that they were aware, by they I hope you mean stylists

in same time maybe not skirts or shorts but I expected that they will be able at least to show arms?

well but I like girls in suits too so...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tbh in kinda surprised kpop, especially female idols, is even sought out and allowed to be performed there considering kpop is not shy about having sexy dances, songs or lyrics.

• Well what were you expecting?

But I am surprised, that they still have the hair uncovered...

The government will let stuff go as and when they please

I had a friend that worked at the EDM festival there last year (Soundstorm) and it wasn't exactly Glastonbury but it wasn't "Saudi" either.

• imo I understand if mid to nugu idols go there for performance

but why would top idols degrade themselves like that for Money?

• And American artist canโ€™t do what they do in American shows in Korean broadcast either. You can walk top less in SF doesnโ€™t mean thatโ€™s gonna be allowed in Seoul.

Korea is already conservative in its expectations of modesty.

So like this is just a country that has its own modesty clauses as well.

People who go there to make money have to follow its rules. Only people who live there can contest the modesty laws because they have to live with the consequences.

• Well what were you expecting?

But I am surprised, that they still have the hair uncovered...

hijabs/ niqabs haven't been compulsory in saudi arabia since 2019. if there's a time to be aware of women's rights in the middle east, it's now

• Well that's Saudi Arabia rules and there's nothing wrong with that every country has it own custom not every needs to twist themselves to please westerners

imo I understand if mid to nugu idols go there for performance

but why would top idols degrade themselves like that for Money?

I don't think wearing clothing that covers your body for one hour or two is degrading those idols saw the Saudi money and they didn't hesitate to take it

• The government will let stuff go as and when they please

I had a friend that worked at the EDM festival there last year (Soundstorm) and it wasn't exactly Glastonbury but it wasn't "Saudi" either.

As with all countries, rules are at the discretion of the "powerful"

• hijabs/ niqabs haven't been compulsory in saudi arabia since 2019. if there's a time to be aware of women's rights in the middle east, it's now

Country based laws come, laws go - but the doctrine is eternal, one size fits all, like the hijab

The laws and rules, arise from the doctrine, and as yet nobody is capable of challenging that.

• hijabs/ niqabs haven't been compulsory in saudi arabia since 2019. if there's a time to be aware of women's rights in the middle east, it's now

exactly with whats happening to Iran right now

• there's nothing degrading about performing for your fans

almost everyone of these concerts are state sponsored

Money going straight into the pocket of a government responsible for alot of shit shows in ME

Bending that much for money is abit.... not tasteful to me

to clarify Im talking as a ME woman, not everyone else is obligate to feel as I do

• This thread has such weird vibes. And careful I know yโ€™all try to hide your bigotry but yโ€™all not doing a good job try harder ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Fr lol... and some are giving vibes that they're concerned the female idols are covering up because THEY wont get to see some skin :pepe-narrow-eyes: very weird vibes

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lordโ€™s prayer:

Nรฆvis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Letโ€™s meet surely after the resurrection.

ร†men

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• This thread has such weird vibes. And careful I know yโ€™all try to hide your bigotry but yโ€™all not doing a good job try harder ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Can't agree more on this, it smells like xenophobia and islamophobia in this thread

• The government controlling what women can do with their bodies is only a topic to complain about if it happens in the west. Nobody cares about women in the East soโ€ฆ yeah, gonna obey the Laws in those countries I say

Because in the west you have the right to do what you want and people have a cushy life to think about shit considered woke. Over there people don't have such luxury. They have to live a harder life provide for their family and adhere to strict government and religion which forms the basis of their laws and culture which is ruled by an iron fist, where people can literally be killed or publicly spanked by the police with a cane or a whip for violating the cultural laws this includes jail time. So of course nobody "complains" when the punishment for objection isn't met with debate and discussion but a sword to your throat.

• Because in the west you have the right to do what you want and people have a cushy life to think about shit considered woke. Over there people don't have such luxury. They have to live a harder life provide for their family and adhere to strict government and religion which forms the basis of their laws and culture which is ruled by an iron fist, where people can literally be killed or publicly spanked by the police with a cane or a whip for violating the cultural laws this includes jail time. So of course nobody "complains" when the punishment for objection isn't met with debate and discussion but a sword to your throat.

I'm sorry but you are so outdated. Saudi has not been like this for years now, and if there is instances it will be the same as any in every exciting country in the world. Y'all just have a grudge against any country that has religion/culture roots.

โ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…๏ผŠโ˜… Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress โ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…๏ผŠโ˜…

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Because in the west you have the right to do what you want and people have a cushy life to think about shit considered woke. Over there people don't have such luxury. They have to live a harder life provide for their family and adhere to strict government and religion which forms the basis of their laws and culture which is ruled by an iron fist, where people can literally be killed or publicly spanked by the police with a cane or a whip for violating the cultural laws this includes jail time. So of course nobody "complains" when the punishment for objection isn't met with debate and discussion but a sword to your throat.

No I mean nobody in the west really cares about the struggles of the women who live in such countries. They ignore their scream for help, they are literally left alone with their fight and the few who are brave enough to stand up for their rights might end up killed or tortured. We know about all this, yet most people only point out these ridiculous laws when a western/Kpop act performs there.

Once they done and get back home, nobody cares about the strict laws over there anymore until another womenโ€™s death for just demanding rights was trending on Twitter.

• For what i know every company perform in muslim countries. My question is, if you feel this is so degrading. Why you are still into Kpop?

• For what i know every company perform in muslim countries. My question is, if you feel this is so degrading. Why you are still into Kpop?

I don't stan companies

Just be direct and name the one group I stan

No they haven't been to SA and I hope they never go. If they do I would find it distasteful.

• Can't agree more on this, it smells like xenophobia and islamophobia in this thread

So it's Islamophobia to be agaisnt regimes that literally kill women if they don't follow the modesty law?

Where in Islam was it ever ok to force women?

• I'm sorry but you are so outdated. Saudi has not been like this for years now, and if there is instances it will be the same as any in every exciting country in the world. Y'all just have a grudge against any country that has religion/culture roots.

Lol no.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lordโ€™s prayer:

Nรฆvis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Letโ€™s meet surely after the resurrection.

ร†men

:pepe-pray:

• Is Shinee, right? Well, they perform in Singapur. So is kinda distasteful too, unless you find ok the homophobia, ofc.

Im not from singapour

Im a middle eastern so I keep my opinion on topics I know alot about. Sth the rest of you should do.

+ concerts in other countries are not state sponsored like concerts in SA. Money didn't flow into the regimes pockets.

Weird, why do you even care that I personally find this action distasteful? Lmao

• So it's Islamophobia to be agaisnt regimes that literally kill women if they don't follow the modesty law?

Where in Islam was it ever ok to force women?

That's Iran not Saudi Arabia let me tell you not all Muslim countries leave like Iran no one gets killed over Hidjab in where i come from and in most Islamic countries please educate yourself

• That's Iran not Saudi Arabia let me tell you not all Muslim countries leave like Iran no one gets killed over Hidjab in where i come from and in most Islamic countries please educate yourself

No one said all Muslim countries are like Iran but SA does punish people who offend modesty laws all the same. In some aspects SA is even worse than Iran bc women were not even allowed to drive or go out without male supervision up to few years ago.

Modesty laws have less to do with Islam, more to do with upholding patriarchy. Why are you so hell bend on defending patriarchy?

• This thread is weird. People follow the flow of money and each country has it own culture that outsider need to respect if they want to earn money from that place. Simple as that. No need to make it overly complicated. Money is money.

• Well. I just find the hypocrisy of some Kpop fans annoying. I mean, you blame a group for the decisions of the company. When everybody knows group cant say shit about business decisions. But maybe im reading all this wrong. And you think is Bad If this groups perform in SA but is ok if Shinee perform in Singapur. So , mysoginy Bad, but homophobia OK.

• Well. I just find the hypocrisy of some Kpop fans annoying. I mean, you blame a group for the decisions of the company. When everybody knows group cant say shit about business decisions. But maybe i mean reading al this wrong. And you think is Bad If this groups perform in SA but is ok if Shinee perform in Singapur. So , mysoginy Bad, but homophobia OK.

You didn't address the two main point.

One: Are you middle eastern like me and actually knowledgeable about political atmosphere there?

Two: was it a state sponsored event like every event in SA is state sponsored?

If every kpop concert were state sponsored, then performing in US would be the worst of them all. But concerts in other countries are not state sponsored.

You are just dodging

Also I specifically said I won't judge nugu or mid idols, they have less control. Top idols should make smarter decisions and they have more control.

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!