It's absolutely crazy that idols now get botox and fillers in their teens

• Botox and fillers can paralyze their facial muscles and nerves for a few month and if repeated forever.

They literally lose their facial expressions permanently and this is why they will have a frozen expression on at all time.

Aside from health problems, this will severely limit their abilities if they want to venture to acting.

Its already happening to some idols who are not even 20.

Idk how is there no law in place against this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i even see commoner teens and youths get it, like i dont understand what for?

Kids don't undrestand that momentary beauty is not worth losing individual traits.

They won't think about 5 years down the line when people won't be able to tell their smile from frown.

And beauty clinics pry on them to maximize their benefits

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• true

they won't even be 30

and they will look like Donatella Versace

I won't post her pictures

I don't want to make younger users to cry

• who?

• it's funny cause we use it as treatment options in some case of cp and we are so scared of side effects.

and there are people who use it like multivitamin injection :pepe-sad:

• Not just kpop, happens irl too. One of my friends cousins was 16 at the time she got botox. She went with her parents to some clinic and received the injections no questions asked. She even had further treatments months later. Why a kid needed botox and why her parents allowed it is a mystery.

Kids these days are growing up way to fast and having a lot more pressure on them. My 11 yo cousin thought about dieting, when I asked why she simply said that’s what girls are doing and talking about around her and it. Wtf. Forget dieting, when I was 11 I still thought wresting was real lol.

• Teens are literally gifted plastic surgery for birthdays and whatnot. It's really sad.

yeah. that used to happen in past too.
    But still most of the idols in past who had cosmetic enhancements were not that noticable, or it wouldnt look that obvious. (except some few idols who go overboard with their surgeries)
    These days even young idols look so obvious, abnormal, and they look some what uncomfortable to make facial expressions.

• omg Jisoo and niki have veneer????

• stop asking who

People who care know and don't wanna name names so a kid won't up getting extra hate by weirdos

• Kids these days are growing up way to fast and having a lot more pressure on them. My 11 yo cousin thought about dieting, when I asked why she simply said that’s what girls are doing and talking about around her and it. Wtf. Forget dieting, when I was 11 I still thought wresting was real lol.

Pre-teens dieting have always been pretty common tho. My aunt suffered from an eating disorder when she was 10-12 and her period is still irregular because if it and she struggled getting pregnant

• Reference: the active ingredient for botox was a candidate for being a Nazi superweapon but was dropped for its exceptional lethality. It was too good at absolutely f*cking up nerves.

Botox is ultra-dilute version of that that deactivates nerves and relaxes the muscle for a prolonged amount of time. However! frequent and continuous usage can cause muscle and neural atrophy from disuse.

Edit: despite my fearmongering, There's a reason why Botox and hyaluronic acid has passed for cosmetic surgery use: its safe when used correctly.

what I mean to say is: its don't do it if its not necessary. Ultimately my body is my body and your body is yours so you're free to do what you want.

• Yup, honestly it’s going to far. I get companys want their idols to have a perfect smile but the health concerns and consequences of veneers that young is just to much. And you have to get them redone every 10 years or so

I saw a picture of Hnery redoing his and it still hunts me

• Pre-teens dieting have always been pretty common tho. My aunt suffered from an eating disorder when she was 10-12 and her period is still irregular because if it and she struggled getting pregnant

She was 11 and had no health issues, the only reason she wanted to was because her friends were doing it too (likely they saw their fave celebs do it or exposed to targeted ads for them). Something being common doesn't mean it's automatically right.

• She was 11 and had no health issues, the only reason she wanted to was because her friends were doing it too (likely they saw their fave celebs do it or exposed to targeted ads for them). Something being common doesn't mean it's automatically right.

Yeah that’s the age you hit puberty and start to want to act maturer so you do dumb “grown up” things without realising the consequences…

• Not a criticism on your take at all but to you it may be crazy but for them it's no different than talking about putting makeup on. People in Korea have no shame admitting that they get this work done. My cousin-in-law straight up said she got eyelid surgery and fillers unprompted. It's such a regular part of life there that in some odd way I respect the openness and transparency like it's no big deal. Something Americans are VERY ashamed about admitting normally.

That said I do think something needs to be done about the very strong and limiting beauty standard in Korea. Just an overall concern for the mental health.

• Reference: the active ingredient for botox was a candidate for being a Nazi superweapon but was dropped for its exceptional lethality. It was too good at absolutely f*cking up nerves.

Botox is ultra-dilute version of that that deactivates nerves and relaxes the muscle for a prolonged amount of time. However! frequent and continuous usage can cause muscle and neural atrophy from disuse.

Wow, scary. This is why i'm never getting plastic surgery or fillers even though I'm ugly af :ak_eunope:

out of service

• Not a criticism on your take at all but to you it may be crazy but for them it's no different than talking about putting makeup on. People in Korea have no shame admitting that they get this work done. My cousin-in-law straight up said she got eyelid surgery and fillers unprompted. It's such a regular part of life there that in some odd way I respect the openness and transparency like it's no big deal. Something Americans are VERY ashamed about admitting normally.

That said I do think something needs to be done about the very strong and limiting beauty standard in Korea. Just an overall concern for the mental health.

To me personally health >>>> beauty

my take will always be that people should prioritize their health more

• Kids these days are growing up way to fast and having a lot more pressure on them. My 11 yo cousin thought about dieting, when I asked why she simply said that’s what girls are doing and talking about around her and it. Wtf. Forget dieting, when I was 11 I still thought wresting was real lol.

Tbh I’m in my mid twenties and I realized I was “fat” (as in not sticky thin) since I was 9. It definitely came from kids my own age, no adults involved, we just compared ourselves to the sticky thin Disney and TV stars we thought were cool.

Edit: what I meant is when it comes to diets it’s not really related to todays society and more about the environment you grow up. You don’t need easy access to things to start a diet.

• I blame this on influencers lol people have more access to cosmetic clinics, they can find the nearest in just 2 seconds, plus they are 24/7 being exposed to these perfect faces, influencers saying it’s okay to change as long as it makes you feel better

I could write an analysis but tldr I feel bad for these kids, doctors should be ethical and say no

• I blame this on influencers lol people have more access to cosmetic clinics, they can find the nearest in just 2 seconds, plus they are 24/7 being exposed to these perfect faces, influencers saying it’s okay to change as long as it makes you feel better

I could write an analysis but tldr I feel bad for these kids, doctors should be ethical and say no

I know someone who saved alot of money to do alot of facial and body PS

After the first consultation with the doctor, he sent her to psychiatrist to get treated for body dis morphia

She didnt change a think but got mental health treatment and she is so much happier

I wonder how many doctors dont give a F and just pull their knives to make a profit

• To me personally health >>>> beauty

my take will always be that people should prioritize their health more

Certainly and I actually share your thought. But talking about the commoners that do engage in it would and have made the point that it improved their mental health. In terms of the idols who are suggested to do it though, that's something I wish the industry would change. That kind of decision should be more driven by the individual in my opinion.

I mean look at Jessi. They told her way back early in her career that she should get plastic surgery, which she did, but if you look at those old pics of her prior to it, she looked totally fine.

• you all talk like is the devil

and yes i have done botox and hyaluronic acid on my face, and no, nobody knows until i said so cos i went to an actual doctor, one was a dermatologist and the other was a surgeon. And yes, also i am older.

you should never let anybody touch any part of your body who is not a doctor

a good doctor would make a change without you looking like a plastic doll, the doctors i go to practice the natural result. And if you ask for something else, they won´t do it.

Hyaluronic acid is use like fillers, and your own body produce it. But if someone tells you they give you a cheap deal, run, the good stuff is expensive. And you should know a little about brands, cos the doctor must show you before injecting anything what they are using.

Botox is a toxin

looking at idols, even the young ones, i bet at least 99 % had one or the other done to their faces. you can tell because their foreheads

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I am at a loss. What is the purpose of this? I'm not arguing. Plastic surgery is done in adolescence because of birth defects or after trauma.

do you really think thats the case for idols?

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!