what really went wrong with KEP1ER..

• The Produce type shows lost credibility after the voting manipulation... even if not, still it got jaded.

IOI was too short to benefit, Kep1er too late - the perfect beneficiaries were Iz*one.

Izone was also lucky in that they came when 3rd gen was already cemented, there were very few major 3.5 debuts.. - so they looked fresh.. but look at Kep1er's year,, 4th gen massive rivals are taking off. lots of competition.

Rest is about choice of songs, management strategies etc.,

• I don't even know what you are saying, I can't follow it, Chinese contestants got so little of the vote that the only one to make it in literally only just squeeze in at 9th

And Korean contestants took the Top 6 spots in a 9 member group they clearly dominated by any possible metric

So I am left wondering who on earth these "talented girls ifans voted in that no one care about in Kepler" even are?

edit - maybe I missunderstand your post

• :siptear:

• you're on something lol. the show was 100% fanvoted and the korean vote mattered the most. so calling anyone who didn't make the group "loved by korean fans" is a gross overexaggerating. korean fans wanted the whole group to be korean by the end of the show.

also yeseo and xiaoting were honestly two of the top visuals on the show.

• To OP's question

are we seeing the end of the appeal of these Competition show formed groups?

MTG's group Class:y is going even worse from what I can tell

Maybe the whole rigging stuff has made people less accepting of their faves being eliminated from these shows, now you feel justified in thinking something shady could happen and if so, how could you support them?

• you're on something lol. the show was 100% fanvoted and the korean vote mattered the most. so calling anyone who didn't make the group "loved by korean fans" is a gross overexaggerating. korean fans wanted the whole group to be korean by the end of the show.

also yeseo and xiaoting were honestly two of the top visuals on the show.

?

What are you talking about? I never said the Korean votes didn't matter the most. If anything they were part of the problem too and because of them Chaehyun not only made the group but was #1.

If you're talking about the part where I mentioned the anti-korean sentiment by ifans I am talking about the negative attitude they always have toward K trainees (they were like this too with the Japanese trainees in produce48) which was annoying because a lot of their choices weren't the kinds that would do well with the general public. But it was also Mnet fault for pushing those girls to begin with.

If you're referring to the parts where I mentioned a lot of the good Korean trainees being eliminated I was blaming that on Mnet's shitty elimination system.

I was word vomiting so I was just listing off a bunch of my grievances so not eveything is perfectly outlined how I mean them.

Edit: Xiaoting yes, but as for Yeseo she honestly wasn't all that tbh.

• class:y also has 4 members under 16, which might turn people off

e/ the problem with all these survival shows is they dilute the talent pool, as they are all spread out.

even look at &audition of hybe, its a bunch of guy who failed to get in en-

• Hmm. People may not be buzzing about them the way they do other trendy groups like Ive or New Jeans, but it looks they’re actually doing just fine, just not charting well in melon.

I thought I read that Wa Da Da just reached 100m streams?

I also just saw a story today about their sales and it looks like sales for the new album are pretty comparable with the old album (a little softer yes but not as drastic as the title says.) I know sales are given less importance than streams but the fact they could almost match sales says their fanbase is still there.

Kep1er Sales Summary
    Korean:  케플러 Japanese:  ケプラー Debut:  January 3rd, 2022 Members:  Yujin, Xiaoting, Mashiro, Chaehyun, Dayeon, Hikaru, Huening Bahiyyih, Young...
    koreansalestwt.blogspot.com

Looking further, they are the top selling group that debuted this year.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

FWIW, I think they waited too long for a second job and let a fickle marketplace turn its attention to many other groups. I also think they lack a core identity to describe them: StayC, Ive and New Jeans have really clear brand identities to me. NMIXX kind of has this problem too but I think they’re interesting enough and so talented vocally and dance that people are willing to give them a second look.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• They need to make a song & concept like MVSK but edgier and give Xiaoting more lines (she can rap just give it to her) and center part, i bet the song will be a hit.

• I wanted Gu Yizhou so much T_T I really do feel like they lack visuals.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!