Can NMIXX succeed if they stay like this?

• With songs like Hype Boy, Attention, Love Dive, Fearless, Sneakers all doing well on the charts it seems like the approach of "less is more" is becoming popular not only with the korean public, but internationally as well and stronger concepts like Girls are failing to gather as much attention..O.O wasnt the best song but even if they managed to "master" the genre mixing they were going for, will something like this be able to garner attention from the public or get them a hit internationally? Or do u think they'll be okay if they stay like this even without a hit but rather have their own niche going on?

I feel like the 2nd part of O.O who had more of a rock influence really fit the group and the general bright vibe was much better, and i kinda wish they change the concept to something like that. Also the girls have really good vocals and i wish they'd utilize that, instead of the cringe rapping they had some of them do in O.O. There's really no need for that imo.

• I really hope so cause they are insanely talented

If they will keep the nmixx musical direction as it is, jyp needs to borrow some of SM composers who are more experienced in that sound.

I think nmixx will kill it if they get a sherlock or superm one type of song. They have amazing vocals and dance. They can pull those type of songs and performances.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i think the problem is that there were two completely opposite concepts in o.o. it didn't sound like an actual song because of this. there are mashups made by non-professionals that sounded better than the song. if they are able to actually blend "two genres" in a way that makes sense, the concept might not flop as badly the next time. but honestly the whole group just needs an overhaul atp. they are good performers but their styling and look just didn't stand out much

who's your favorite artist?

• I think JYP already made clear that this groups concept is "mixxpop" which is the genre of that terrible song O.O... so I think hes planning on staying with that and for whether he will succeed with it? NO :pepenomad: why would people go out of their way to listen to nmixx songs that are like that when theres plenty of other girl groups that are doing music that appeal to them specifically... Nmixx doesnt even have a solid enough fandom like other groups who decided to switch halfway and do this type of music.. pepe-ooh

Of course if JYPE decide to change nmixx concept or they actually manage to pull of the mixx pop well.. thats a different story.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• i think the problem is that there were two completely opposite concepts in o.o. it didn't sound like an actual song because of this. there are mashups made by non-professionals that sounded better than the song. if they are able to actually blend "two genres" in a way that makes sense, the concept might not flop as badly the next time. but honestly the whole group just needs an overhaul atp. they are good performers but their styling and look just didn't stand out much

I think that was done on purpose with how JYPE was marketing this group as bringing a whole new genre called "mixx pop" :pepe-shame:

On February 24, the Korean media outlet E-Daily explained that JYP Entertainment's "MIXX POP" is already being introduced. This term refers to a genre in which two or more genres can be mixed into one song to feel various charms at the same time.

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• Def not. The advantage that nmixx have is jyp stans and people who like jyp ggs but with this sound you’re not gonna make them happy. People who like so called mix songs can already listen to sm groups. I’d say their groups do it better so why bother listening to nmixx. Lily m and Haewon can show so much more and their rappers aren’t good enough for this kind of music

• I really hope so cause they are insanely talented

If they will keep the nmixx musical direction as it is, jyp needs to borrow some of SM composers who are more experienced in that sound.

I think nmixx will kill it if they get a sherlock or superm one type of song. They have amazing vocals and dance. They can pull those type of songs and performances.

I agree. It was surely..an interesting decision to start the song with rap when they have no good rappers but really good vocalists. The 2nd part of the song that focuses more on vocals was really good, so its very weird JYP themselves didnt focus on their own groups stengths..

• I first thought they'll serve apink concept like I am so sick , eung eung for some reason lol. And then they debuted with.... 💀

Also I feel the group suits a lighter concept more than a hard/dark image.

But if I am not wrong O.O did better than girls and sneakers on Spotify. Which shows that many international stans did like it even with how polarizing it was.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

Yeah..i think they kinda need an overhaul in general. But tbh i have seen people generally disliking the first section of the song while praising more the 2nd part, so it should give them a tiiiny hint on where people stand. Because that was rly not it imo.

• I think that was done on purpose with how JYPE was marketing this group as bringing a whole new genre called "mixx pop" :pepe-shame:

On February 24, the Korean media outlet E-Daily explained that JYP Entertainment's "MIXX POP" is already being introduced. This term refers to a genre in which two or more genres can be mixed into one song to feel various charms at the same time.

yeah, i know. but like, why are you mixing shit that doesn't sound good together! there are ways it could have worked and it didn't bc apparently no one in jype quality control could point out the song was trashy

who's your favorite artist?

• I think JYP already made clear that this groups concept is "mixxpop" which is the genre of that terrible song O.O... so I think hes planning on staying with that and for whether he will succeed with it? NO :pepenomad: why would people go out of their way to listen to nmixx songs that are like that when theres plenty of other girl groups that are doing music that appeal to them specifically... Nmixx doesnt even have a solid enough fandom like other groups who decided to switch halfway and do this type of music.. pepe-ooh

Of course if JYPE decide to change nmixx concept or they actually manage to pull of the mixx pop well.. thats a different story.

I hope they dont stick to it cause it feels like a poor man's SM concept :rose4:

• I think that was done on purpose with how JYPE was marketing this group as bringing a whole new genre called "mixx pop" :pepe-shame:

Not JYP acting like this is new lol

• I first thought they'll serve apink concept like I am so sick , eung eung for some reason lol. And then they debuted with.... 💀

Also I feel the group suits a lighter concept more than a hard/dark image.

But if I am not wrong O.O did better than girls and sneakers on Spotify. Which shows that many international stans did like it even with how polarizing it was.

Hmm it does have quite a lot of streams..maybe they'll try to perfect the genre instead of switching it up :/ i agree that they suit a lighter concept tho, even while performing, they tend to go blank on the more dark part of the song.

• i think problem is not mixx pop which jyp said. But the talk rap type lines in their songs esp the starting in o.o was not pleasant and their vocals are so good so why not make singable lines instead of giving them talk rap lines. And the singing lines was not catchy

I think jyp himself should produce for nmixx because i like jyp produced songs for twice and miss a they are catchy songs.

And i dont agree that they dont suit tough concepts. They have strong vocals and performance. I think they should do hiphop or edm type songs. And yah better vocal mixing production because haewons voice sounded very different in song compared to her natural singing voice which is beautiful

• I think there's always a chance that any group can blow up with any song. That said, I can't really see it.

The mixing of different types of music within the one song is pretty divisive. The difference is that SM has done it for years and their fans are used to it. Also they do it well.

True it already is something quite divisive and JYP took it to uhh next level..or maybe a few steps backwards idk..and made it completely non cohesive ;(

Also i genuinely just cant help but feel like the concept doesnt quite fit the girls.

• i think problem is not mixx pop which jyp said. But the talk rap type lines in their songs esp the starting in o.o was not pleasant and their vocals are so good so why not make singable lines instead of giving them talk rap lines. And the singing lines was not catchy

I think jyp himself should produce for nmixx because i like jyp produced songs for twice and miss a they are catchy songs.

And i dont agree that they dont suit tough concepts. They have strong vocals and performance. I think they should do hiphop or edm type songs. And yah better vocal mixing production because haewons voice sounded very different in song compared to her natural singing voice which is beautiful

I honestly don't agree at all with majority of your comment. Also u say they shouldnt do rap but then u want them to do edm/hip hop? the math aint mathing. I also dont think they're strong enough as performers to pull this concept off. Could also be because they're focused on singing live but their faces very often go blank, besides maybe Lily, Kyujin and sometimes Jinni. Half the group straight up just doesnt fit a tougher image. That's why i talked abt the later part of the song, they all suit that.

Also JYP does a pretty poor job producing wise when he steps out of his comfort zone of pop. He doesnt do very well in EDM.

• They don't have a stable fanbase and with the amount of new interesting girl groups debuting if they keep releasing songs that arent well received, they'll either stay stagnant or lose fandom.

I mean, what are you basing this off of? I don’t think we can determine if their fan base is stable or not. They have 2 songs and an album with only two songs and even one of those songs was like an intro basically. They sold almost 500k with that album. I think that’s success so far and I think releasing an album with more songs will also successes. Right now all we know is they have a large enough fan base to do that. There is no indication yet on the instability of their fan base. So from the information we have it looks like they will be a success

• I mean, what are you basing this off of? I don’t think we can determine if their fan base is stable or not. They have 2 songs and an album with only two songs and even one of those songs was like an intro basically. They sold almost 500k with that album. I think that’s success so far and I think releasing an album with more songs will also successes. Right now all we know is they have a large enough fan base to do that. There is no indication yet on the instability of their fan base. So from the information we have it looks like they will be a success

Because that was based on hype and jyp stans lol they had 60k or more pre orders in the blind package?? and most people are interested because of the girls potential and because they're talented but i dont see them keeping a fanbase if they keep releasing the quality of songs they did at debut. Like..you really underestimate how much a good song can do for a group? IVE more than doubled their album sales with Love Dive.

• The fact that their covers (of others acts) are praised and have great reviews shows that NMixx has potential. The only problem is the song which for now it's just O.O, they are the first "nugu" JYPE gg and i believe JYPE won't want to keep this status so i see them changing directions (not exactly giving up on the mixing songs, just not doing a O.O direction again) and trying a little more with their cb.

And i think they didn't cb yet bc for a first cb they won't need BP, Twice, SNSD or Ive still promoting. But this is my guess. I could be wrong.

• The fact that their covers (of others acts) are praised and have great reviews shows that NMixx has potential. The only problem is the song which for now it's just O.O, they are the first "nugu" JYPE gg and i believe JYPE won't want to keep this status so i see them changing directions (not exactly giving up on the mixing songs, just not doing a O.O direction again) and trying a little more with their cb.

And i think they didn't cb yet bc for a first cb they won't need BP, Twice, SNSD or Ive still promoting. But this is my guess. I could be wrong.

Oh yeah they definitely have potential. Really good vocals (i really like Lily-Haewon-Sullyoon) and they're good dancers. I believe JYP needs to find sort of a middle ground for them..

• They need to keep mixxpop but mix stuff in a different way. O.O was bad due to the lyrics and the lack of a good chorus. The next song can be more bright pop with RnB elements with a catchy chorus and then switch to a more darker and elegant concept in the bridge to showcase vocals and then bring back the bright pop.

• They need to keep mixxpop but mix stuff in a different way. O.O was bad due to the lyrics and the lack of a good chorus. The next song can be more bright pop with RnB elements with a catchy chorus and then switch to a more darker and elegant concept in the bridge to showcase vocals and then bring back the bright pop.

Im not sure such a drastic change will work well :/ well not a producer obviously, if they can make it work it'd be nice, but they certainly shouldnt come out with something as messy as O.O again. Even Tank their bside was better.

• Because that was based on hype and jyp stans lol they had 60k or more pre orders in the blind package?? and most people are interested because of the girls potential and because they're talented but i dont see them keeping a fanbase if they keep releasing the quality of songs they did at debut. Like..you really underestimate how much a good song can do for a group? IVE more than doubled their album sales with Love Dive.

I dont doubt but again the information we have right now says they will be successful. I think all the information we have right now is that Nmixx will be successful. Will they be the biggest girl group, or the most successful girl group... well we only have two songs who knows. But I think it is more accurate to say they will be successful than the opposite.

• JYP has a vision with NMIXX, they will not drop their concept, maybe they will tone down with aggressive music. Unless it doesn’t really work and they keep flopping they will not pull a 180, until maybe their 2nd or 3rd cb.

It took years for twice to slowly go to mature sound. Itzy dropped their self-love concept with not shy after their 3rd comeback despite the great reception with wannabe, them we don’t know why they released mafia, but people hate it that they went back to their old sound/concept/style.

• I dont doubt but again the information we have right now says they will be successful. I think all the information we have right now is that Nmixx will be successful. Will they be the biggest girl group, or the most successful girl group... well we only have two songs who knows. But I think it is more accurate to say they will be successful than the opposite.

I can't say i agree. Sure their debut allbum sales were good but i dont think that will take u far in the long run in such a competitive industry, with new groups debuting constantly.

• JYP has a vision with NMIXX, they will not drop their concept, maybe they will tone down with aggressive music. Unless it doesn’t really work and they keep flopping they will not pull a 180, until maybe their 2nd or 3rd cb.

It took years for twice to slowly go to mature sound. Itzy dropped their self-love concept with not shy after their 3rd comeback despite the great reception with wannabe, them we don’t know why they released mafia, but people hate it that they went back to their old sound/concept/style.

Well they dont need to drop it necessarily but they do have to change a lot of stuff imo. I like them but a lot of things keep me from following them even more and i thing the same applies to a lot of people. I think JYP will limit their potential if he keeps this kind of sound. But if he can find a good balance for them, something that sets them apart still while keeping the quality of the songs intact then it will be good.

Wait isnt Itzy's concept in general more abt "confidence" in general? :/ that's what i always assumed lol and thought mafia was still within their concept 💀 im a fake fan

• it was a december badge special :oops: i think yo u might be able to petition for another one for this december ... not too sure though you would have to ask @/ves

damn OT as hell but how'd you get that mariah badge lol

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Well they dont need to drop it necessarily but they do have to change a lot of stuff imo. I like them but a lot of things keep me from following them even more and i thing the same applies to a lot of people. I think JYP will limit their potential if he keeps this kind of sound. But if he can find a good balance for them, something that sets them apart still while keeping the quality of the songs intact then it will be good.

Wait isnt Itzy's concept in general more abt "confidence" in general? :/ that's what i always assumed lol and thought mafia was still within their concept 💀 im a fake fan

MITM was within their concept for you....?

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• This thread contains 39 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!