I really don't understand why does Kpop attract so many western woke stans

• Kpop is literally anything but woke. It is conservative, it is patriarchal, it is not inclusive, it is not any other whatever buzzword you use. Most of your boys are conservative and would only marry a Korean trad wife, lets be honest. Like majority of Korean men are openly anti feminist, what makes you think your faves aren't?

• I don't think it's KPOP, it's everything in general that attract western woke stans.

Literally a few weeks ago me and my friends we were like joking about some stuff (which I will not mention), and my friend was like "eh you can't say that later you get cancelled", and we continued our convo bitching about how stupid it is that saying certain stuff would be cancellable because everyone is so woke, and how the western wokeness has slowly spread into our culture as well.

Yes, we spend another good 10 - 15 min bitching about all you woke ass bitches who gets pressed over literally everything. Yes you I'm talking about you whoever that is reading this if you feel offended yes we are talking about you

• Because pop music attracts young people?

Even the system that produces the idols should not be something woke people support.

But like everything, we (I will include my self) ignore the shitty idol factory system because we like staining kpop as a hobby, so we close our eyes to the shit.

They are ready to cancel someone for wearing braids, but a system that basically is built on breaking child labor laws (Korea has different laws than the west), with unfair contract situations and so much corruption and abuse, nah we will ignore those things because we do not want to stop supporting our faves and giving money to their companies.

• They are ready to cancel someone for wearing braids, but a system that basically is built on breaking child labor laws (Korea has different laws than the west), with unfair contract situations and so much corruption and abuse, nah we will ignore those things because we do not want to stop supporting our faves and giving money to their companies.

There is actually a term for what you just described. That's called performative activism. Trust me, they don't give a damn about braids either, it is just a virtue signaling.

• Kpop is literally anything but woke. It is conservative, it is patriarchal, it is not inclusive, it is not any other whatever buzzword you use. Most of your boys are conservative and would only marry a Korean trad wife, lets be honest. Like majority of Korean men are openly anti feminist, what makes you think your faves aren't?

yeah, right?

cos when did kpop fans cancelled an idol for some stupid thing :pepe-smug:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I have conservative/right leaning friends. They would rather be seen dead than listening to Kpop.

Being a conservative means having traditional values. And each culture has its own traditional values therefore unlike "wokism" which is a now global ideology, conservatives everywhere are different and hold different beliefs and values. Your conservative non Korean friends not liking Kpop is pretty normal.

• But I mean, people start listening to Kpop without knowing how dirty and corrupted the industry is or how conservative the Korean society is. IMO, given how dead pop is in the West (compared to some years ago), westerners being so into Kpop and its catchy tunes were bound to happen.

• i don't think k-pop fans cancel idols because of their ignorant actions, usually it's just to drag so they have something to do or to get their faves more popular :hazmat-pepe:

if they are not polite enough, if the don´t bow 90°

if they don´t smile enough, or forget to be tired and put a fake smile on their faces when they don´t know the camera is filming

if they are on a hiden camera, and being set up, and they don´t act perfect.

if what they are wearing is to revealing (specially for girls) and they are happy with that

if ....i have heard so many stupid reasons

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Yes and? You think conservative bros are going to care about that, it’s POP music, in your face, glitz and glam and the men are openly camp which goes against their modern conservative, alpha male podcast bro mentality.

Plus most people don’t dig into the intricacies of the homogeneous Korean society. They see guys in eyeliner and they click off because they all have fragile masculinity

You're saying "yes" and continuing to refer to conservatives as a western christian thing. I just told you, all conservatives are different. There are literally cultures where it is ok for man to dress like woman, and for them it will be a conservative thing.

• if they are not polite enough, if the don´t bow 90°

if they don´t smile enough, or forget to be tired and put a fake smile on their faces when they don´t know the camera is filming

No one ever was canceled for this shit. I mean some people surely might've bitched on the internet, pann girls probably, however saying someone got cancelled for this is literally an overreaction.

• But I mean, people start listening to Kpop without knowing how dirty and corrupted the industry is or how conservative the Korean society is. IMO, given how dead pop is in the West (compared to some years ago), westerners being so into Kpop and its catchy tunes were bound to happen.

No one is telling westerners not to enjoy the music, just keep your culture where you are. I am not attacking idols for eating pork just because in my culture it is forbidden, so why the hell would someone else attack idols for doing things that are taboo in their own culture?

True, most western consumers of kpop will never get to involved into knowing the system, to them is just fun, a bit foreign candy pop.

Only very few will ever get too involved like posters here.

• If you’re talking about woke people, then you’re talking about the west lmao. There’s your answer. It’s pop music, it appeals to more liberal spaces. Conservative Kpop fans probably keep their interest on the down low

I’m one (a conservative K-Pop fan) and I’m pretty open about it to other people, but I do see your point and generally agree with you.

• if they are not polite enough, if the don´t bow 90°

if they are on a hiden camera, and being set up, and they don´t act perfect.

if what they are wearing is to revealing (specially for girls) and they are happy with that

if ....i have heard so many stupid reasons

No one ever was canceled for this shit. I mean some people surely might've bitched on the internet, pann girls probably, however saying someone got cancelled for this is literally an overreaction.

in korea they would.

Western fans may "cancel" (really people just use it to criticize) for woke stuff, but in Korea they could be "cancelled" for not respecting Korean norms, like bowing or not using formal speech to elders, ect.

It has to be a hard line to walk.

• in korea they would.

Western fans may "cancel" (really people just use it to criticize) for woke stuff, but in Korea they could be "cancelled" for not respecting Korean norms, like bowing or not using formal speech to elders, ect.

It has to be a hard line to walk.

As I said, it literally never happened. I've seen idols being criticized for their bowing, but it never led to cancellation.

And I think you're kinda missing the point here. Koreans can do whatever they want, it is their culture, their country. This is about western fans judging Korean idols according to their own western beliefs. The comparison to this would be Koreans cancelling western celebrities for not bowing.

• they see kpop as a cultural pet project and want to liberate idols from the conservative industry.

As you can see, they openly bash bgs for no other reason than being male and go to fan signs to educate them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Most of my conservative buddies are male, maybe I’m looking into their perspective too much. I don’t think I have any conservative female friends so that’s a new perspective!

No worries, you’re completely fine, I just wanted to introduce a new one. I will say it’s a tiny bit tricky. Some conservatives probably find me a bit unusual for being into K-Pop of all things, because of how it’s not one of those toxic masculinity type interests if you know what I mean. On the other hand, most K-Pop fans are confused how I can be one and be conservative. So, it’s like I’m in both groups, and they both simultaneously accept that I’m in both, while also not really. It depends on the specific person and varies quite a bit.

• No one ever was canceled for this shit. I mean some people surely might've bitched on the internet, pann girls probably, however saying someone got cancelled for this is literally an overreaction.

but they are dragg to hell like Nancy

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

specially gg

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• As I said, it literally never happened. I've seen idols being criticized for their bowing, but it never led to cancellation.

And I think you're kinda missing the point here. Koreans can do whatever they want, it is their culture, their country. This is about western fans judging Korean idols according to their own western beliefs. The comparison to this would be Koreans cancelling western celebrities for not bowing.

but it is very similar to the cancell mind set

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• They did what???

They go to online fan signs to educate idols about things

• As I said, it literally never happened. I've seen idols being criticized for their bowing, but it never led to cancellation.

Because we are exaggerating what cancellation means, very few idols have been 'cancelled'.

The only idols that have been actually cancelled are those with bully rumors or drug use rumors.

What you and others here are talking about is when people go on social media and demand an apology from a company or and idol for something they took offense to.

Like when an idol says the N-word, or when a group uses some religious background, people just take to social media demanding apologies. But that is not cancelling.

Even Red Velvet Irene is not really cancelled even if she is getting hate from Korean society for being "rude", even after she apologized. That is not woke westerners doing that.

Is a business, customers can demand what ever they want, is up to the companies and the idols to say fvck off with your demands.

So if an idol wears braids, or a group puts a religious building in the background of their song, and some people want to get offended and say if you do not apologize I am taking my business somewhere else, it is their right to do so.

I wish companies had the balls to say 'ok, good bye Karen, take your business somewhere else'.

• Don’t worry I’d never judge you for having different political views. I used to be conservative myself, but now I’m definitely more left leaning. I just purely haven’t made any female conservative friends but I consider that changed now since I met you :)

Also I am Christian so I myself am a rarity of being liberal and semi religious lol

Thank you! That’s nice to hear. That’s perfectly fine, some people’s political opinions can and do change and I see no problem in that at all. Yay! Glad I could be one then.

That is true, you must be pretty rare then. As a Christian myself, I just find it cool.

• Also if you look at the overall purpose of cancel culture by woke people, it actually makes sense.

Cancel culture since like the 80s was about limiting freedom of speech on right as an effort to limit their impact on current culture.

now you have kpop, sth conservative that is rising in influence. So one way to make sure it doesn't affect current culture with its conservative ideas, is to become its main consumer and shape it to your own ideals.

• Well there's a lot going on in kpop that attracts young people and between those young people, woke people. Like men going against gender norms and support to the queer community. That's also why there are so many controversies about misogyny and racism in kpop cause the fans are always on the lookout for that type of stuff.

On the other hand, the companies, the management and whatnot are what's conservative. But fans don't see past their faves mostly because they're too naive to

out of service

• This thread contains 78 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!