a fan addressed enhypens fatphobic jokes towards Sunoo to member Jake in todays fansign

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• mygsbeat

Changed the title of the thread from “a fan addressed enhypens fatphobic jokes to member Jake in todays fansign” to “a fan addressed enhypens fatphobic jokes towards Sunoo to member Jake in todays fansign”.
  • its not really the right place to do it. i understand that its the only place for some fandoms, but the idol is basically captured and cannot really react as they would normally since their behavior is being watched by tons of managers and other staff. so its not a genuine reaction from the idols unfortunately. hopefully the members can take something from this and have a discussion in the dorm or smth

• ofc not but at least taking an initiative was good

Fair point but I really feel weird about it bc fans are not their parents or their teachers.

To me it just adds to the weird fan and idol dynamic

External Content www.youtube.com

• I don't know if it's just me, I hate it when fans take it upon themselves to "educate" idols over vlives or fanmeets

It just doesn't feel like the right way to do it. I remember was it Lisa or another member from another group who cried over an incident like this

I don't like It too. It's very coward If you ask me. You are talking about social issues to a person when they are with the guards down, can't dodge the conversation, can't say something the fan doesn't to hear since they were paying to be there, can't prepare themselves previously to choose the rights words to express themselves.

I wouldn't like to be treated like that by anyone, even If they were my fans.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Fair point but is there ever really a right way if the people around them don't say anything?

I would say that they can try to delay

a message to them on other ways not on fansigns. Or at least not to film it and post it later...

• I don't like It too. It's very coward If you ask me. You are talking about social issues to a person when they are with the guards down, can't dodge the conversation, can't say something the fan doesn't to hear since they were paying to be there, can't prepare themselves previously to choose the rights words to express themselves.

I wouldn't like to be treated like that by anyone, even If they were my fans.

Well said

it's like they are held hostage and have no space to react it to properly or explain their side

• Fair point but I really feel weird about it bc fans are not their parents or their teachers.

To me it just adds to the weird fan and idol dynamic

you don’t really need to be a parent or a teacher to tell someone that some jokes can be insensitive at times. they are public figures and there’s been so many people trying to email belift and yet no response. it can be triggering towards some people struggling with their weight.

if that’s their friendship dynamic then it’s alright but maybe refrain from doing it on cameras?

• and if the fan who want to educate really had the right intentions, they wouldn't be filming the interaction and posting it. It's almost just all for show.

• I would say that they can try to delay

a message to them on other ways not on fansigns. Or at least not to film it and post it later...

Yeah the filming part is icky...if you gonna do that it should be private but you know most just want the clout

I personally would not waste time during a fan call to do stuff like this but if you are going to why blast it to everyone. It's supposed be time for just them and you...

• and if the fan who want to educate really had the right intentions, they wouldn't be filming the interaction and posting it. It's almost just all for show.

Exactly...

• It's one thing to relay to them that those jokes are quite sensitive among the fans and they should refrain from making them in front of the camera, but filming them and posting this just to appeal to the angry mob on Twitter who would drag Enha regardless if this issue would be resolved or not ain't it. At least have a bit of tact and don't post his reaction if you were concerned about this issue to begin with.

• disagree with people who are saying doing this isn't the right way

I don't see how being on twitter or AKP and doing thread about how idol should be educated or how idol should be hold accountable for their mistake

and do dozen of thread calling idols, racist, homophobic, fatphobic etc.....

is better than doing what this fan did , and weirdly i see none of you having a problem with people doing this on AKP

So people complaining on this thread about this are a little bit weird for me

so you are okay with people "trying to make idol accountable" by doing threads here and bullying them by saying that they hate them for being fatphobic etc.... and none of you open their mouth to say anything about people doing this or talking about doing this will not change anything

but you find weird and not the right way that a fan just say politely and respectfully to their idol that their comments make some fans uncomfortable and they should try to think before doing this remark

weird takes, so now bullying, mocking is more normal for AKP user than having a polite discussion with someone about their mistake so they try to avoid them in the future '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Let me explain a few things

"One minute isn't enough for educating. Also, their reactions are captured, the idols can't react naturally" - Okay so,

First thing, the engene gave Jake a special hashtag, a secret one, where the whole issue is explained and where more information is given. This give Jake, and the other members, opportunity to read through these and educate themselves on their own if that's what they want.

"Why do they post the video, isn't it supposed to be private? " The video is a proof that the conversation was held. Anyone can just show up and lie about some made up discussion. The video is a proof for other engenes and everyone else who would doubt the intentions of op.

"Isn't there any other way to reach out to them? " Sadly no. We can't be sure whether the boys have read tweets addressing the issue. Emails to the company have proven to not work. We don't have any k-fans who are willing to talk about it face to face in an offline fan sign. So yeah, that was the only way

• Agree!

Y'all didn't say anything to all those people who have been creating a thread after thread, post after post, calling enhypen bullies, fatphobic,degrading them. If you all were actually calling these people out, instead of some of you kekeing with them and enabling them, I would have actually understood your point

• These comments made it seem like the fan was being disrespectful or out of line. She seems to be polite and respectful. So is jake. There are so many thinkpieces and viral tweets scrutinising idols but the fandom shouldn't inform them about it if they had the chance?

Exactly

Desbundar

• Just going to say that no one here said that bullying or mocking on akp is alright, I don't know how you even got this?

I also don't know is this is something others had in mind, I for sure didn't and I also think most of others didn't.

Weird take from you too.

• Just going to say that no one here said that bullying or mocking on akp is alright, I don't know how you even got this?

I also don't know is this is something others had in mind, I for sure didn't and I also think most of others didn't.

Weird take from you too.

Well when i se tons of thread about enhypen being fatphobic, giselle being a racist, comments saying i would never like someone racist or fatphobic, they bad people, or do jokes about this type of situation i'm sorry but it looks a lot like bullying and mocking of this idol

but i see nobody post any comment or thread to say " we shouldn't do this type of comment or threads because it'll not change the situation"

you are all here taking part into this situation and bullying of idol by commenting in this thread and trying to tear down these idols in this type of thread

but none of you have anything to say how bad this type of thing are in reality

but then you find weird that a person have a polite and respectfull discussion with an adult about the mistake he did in the past, and how uncomfortable his remarks are sometimes and how he should improve

weird takes

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• This thread contains 80 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!