Bruh, I'm Tired of Fans Bringing Their BS to Video Calls

• Like, why tf is Lia having to apologize about this non-issue?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Backwater, dungeon crawling, Twitter antis created an issue out of nothing, and now Lia has to apologize for what!?! Because antis took something she said and tried to make it seem like she was colorist or bullying Chaeryeong? I can't even figure out what the issue was. Then we had some big MIDZY accounts asking Lia to clarify her statements, like wtf!? Because some Twitter roaches tried to make an issue out of nothing.

It's your own fans acting like your enemies. Lia didn't have to clarify SHIT!!! And the fact a fan even brought this non-scandal up to her in a video call. Not my money, so I guess do you sis. But, seriously, sometimes, me and this Midzy fandom, we just don't jive at all. It's really hard for me to see eye to eye sometimes. Really thinking about unfollowing ITZY Connect cause they are always pushing this nonsense too. I want no parts of it.

But seriously, LEAVE YOUR TWITTER DRAMA at HOME. Not my first time seeing fans bringing Twitter drama to idols. I can't stand it. STOP!!!

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• sike

Everyday I'm glad my fandom is more sane than the average kpoppie

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Such a shame people are like this, I would hate it if these conversations get cracked down on because companies are sick of this shit and they just script / vet every conversation / interaction, I can easily see it going this route.

I'm tired. Fans ask these guerrilla questions about issues that idols know nothing about because surprisingly they are not in the trenches of Twitter like some fans, and then the idol has to figure what the hell they are even talking about to "clarify".

Like, what? A PR issue waiting to happen if people don't stop!

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• wtf did she say

• I'm tired. Fans ask these guerrilla questions about issues that idols know nothing about because surprisingly they are not in the trenches of Twitter like some fans, and then the idol has to figure what the hell they are even talking about to "clarify".

Like, what? A PR issue waiting to happen if people don't stop!

Yeah virtue signalling using an idol as a mouth piece is only going to hurt the idol and ruin potential fan meets in the future. 100% agree

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• Lia did nothing wrong but was still nice about it

She was very nice, but she was also basically being held hostage lol.

Either way, I think Lia would have been sweet about if this was asked in private or in person, but I think she definitely knew to watch her words/response.

• These fancall videos are always so cringe for a variety of reasons

:pepe-comfy:

They really are. Especially when the languages don't link up. The idol trying to speak in broken English, and the fans using Google translate. It's nice that international fans also get these opportunities, but it definitely often ends up awkward.

Like, if I were an idol, these would be tough for me, lmao. The awkwardness would make me want to just float away.

• External Content twitter.com

and what the fuck is wrong with what she said?

should she have said "yeah pale skin no good you need tan to look good" ?

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I always think It's weird when people bring up this stuff in videocalls. Regardless the idol is wrong or not. Like, the person is there to have a good time with their fans, not being "educated" or discussing social issues. They aren't even prepared for that. There's a moment for everything, imo...

i get that but its because in 99% of these cases kpop companies never respond

still gives me second hand embarrassment to see though :pepe-comfy:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• and what the fuck is wrong with what she said?

should she have said "yeah pale skin no good you need tan to look good" ?

Exactly! What she was saying was specifically in regard to Chaeryeong since she has a hard time tanning. Chaeryeong probably asked her opinion, and Lia just said she thought that CHAERYEONG specifically looks better fair.

Not like she said, "Dark skin is ugly. Don't do it."

• Exactly! What she was saying was specifically in regard to Chaeryeong since she has a hard time tanning. Chaeryeong probably asked her opinion, and Lia just said she thought that CHAERYEONG specifically looks better fair.

Not like she said, "Dark skin is ugly. Don't do it."

im fairly certain close friends are allowed to comment on my style choices, even if for vain reasons

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• i get that but its because in 99% of these cases kpop companies never respond

still gives me second hand embarrassment to see though :pepe-comfy:

Companies can't and shouldn't respond to everything. Do you know how many email campaigns they have about the craziest thing? I remember NMIXX's fanbase mass emailed JYPE cause they thought a JYPE staff member was filming up Jiwoo's skirt in a very ambiguous video. Could have gotten a man fired or had Jiwoo associated with something crazy because of a 1 second video from an ambiguous angle.

Especially when bringing attention to it will make a non-issue into an issue by addressing it.

• Kpop fans are actually insane :suure: If they aren't attacking other idols they're coming for their own, who does that..?

And who are they doing this for? Was anyone genuinely offended by that comment?

out of service

• Kpop fans are actually insane :suure: If they aren't attacking other idols they're coming for their own, who does that..?

these kids literally grow up on twitter, have no real social skills/understanding yet, so they just take all these comments at face value, and they have convinced themselves to be "neutral" on everything, so if anything about culture/race/colour/etc comes up, they just see it as cultural appropriation

Please show me who was genuinely offended? This issue didn't even make it to AKP. The forum or the articles. That's how irrelevant of irrelevant this was. Literally the only people who were using this to hate on Lia were people who hated her already and just needed another excuse to misrepresent her words.

• Why are fans even allowed to ask these questions? I know press are not allowed to ask diddly squad so why allow this?

Stupid companies should have a person sitting by who can just say stop it.

Like why are you worried about press👀.

Worry about fans and sassaengs.

• Please show me who was genuinely offended? This issue didn't even make it to AKP. The forum or the articles. That's how irrelevant of irrelevant this was. Literally the only people who were using this to hate on Lia were people who hated her already and just needed another excuse to misrepresent her words.

There was an article about it on the news page but pretty much all the comments were dragging the writer for badly mistranslating and misconstruing what was said.

• Right?

The second stupidity starts, the company should just cut the feed. The fan doesnt even deserve an explanation.

Just one minute you're rambling with stupid trouble making nonsense and the next yo....

• The way it was making no noise until a dumbass wanted to start shit.

No matter what if the idol is wrong or not it’s really offensive to come out with your western view and want to “educate them”, serving colonialism mindset lol.

Like you bought 8899 albums and you’re first mind is to tell how an idol should talk to her friend. :angryr:gtfo

• "if you tan you will become someone who is not pale or not sexy" imo I find that comment weird.

She's basically saying that tanning is usually associated with the "sexy" image in Korean. Looking at artists like Hyolyn or Jessi makes that pretty obvious. Chaeryeong says she has a difficult time tanning, so when she tries to tan, she always ends up with an ambiguous tone that is in the "middle" of not being pale or tan. That's what Lia was referring to.

But, I can't police how people feel about it. In the end, everyone has an interpretation, but I'm definitely not for addressing things like this with idols in fancall environments.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!