Can't believe people say there's nothing wrong with rolling stone article about Jisoo

• I'm sorry but how? She is a very good vocalist and dancer. She proved many times that she sounds amazing live and can do those notes. She pulls of BP songs perfectly and effortlessly. She can rap little bit too. She is good actress. She has stage presence. She does everything very well. But rolling stone Korea said otherwise and very stupid way.

BUT you gotta know that you do not write articles like that. It's inappropriate. I can tell you many idols who are in their groups just because of their visuals and they barely sing or rap, I won't name them, we all know them, but do they write articles about them that way? No they don't. Do they say oh she doesn't really sing but she is popular so and blah blah blah

It's so embarrassing from RS Korea to put up things like this. And it's embarrassing from some of you to think that way that it was okay or it's true.

• i agree, the entire section felt very weird and like a backhand compliment? i don't know why its the way it is, but from the looks of it, they tried to create a transition there, but idk why any editors didn't catch it? maybe it didn't like sit with them that way? i think that's how the people who're saying its fine felt about it.

• It was simply unnecessary. People are okay when it's not their own faves but will get mad if the same happened with their faves

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• Agree, why write an article sounding reasonable when you can use your ass to think and still has others defending you bc "not my bias, but I agree, it's super professional!!!" :pepe-just-smile:

Idols lack confidence, idols suffer pressure, idols shouldn't be shoved with negative articles all the time for nothing.

Jisoo is great! And let's not forget her last interview where she opened up for us. So yes, an article like this should be in a trash bin, not on a supposed good magazine.

• what is the article necessary in the first place?

rs usa had interviews, we saw what the girls said with different question for each one

rs korea its basically the opinion of one person about bp??? like for what ?

I thought the rs korea article would just be a repost transalted in korea that's why I didnt even bother to check it in the first place bc thought it would be the very first interviews

• what is the article necessary in the first place?

rs usa had interviews, we saw what the girls said with different question for each one

rs korea its basically the opinion of one person about bp??? like for what ?

I thought the rs korea article would just be a repost transalted in korea that's why I didnt even bother to check it in the first place bc thought it would be the very first interviews

Yeap I guess they added their own parts :facepalm:

• Jisoo's skills are not that much worse than other members so I agree it was unnecessary. But I didn't understand the purpose of the article. Is it just thoughts of some music critic about BP? or is it supposed to be critical review of the group?

No it wasn't critical review, just an article I think translated from English one but they added their 'flavour '

• Lisa, Jisoo and Rosé were insulted and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

Mentioning her dancing makes no sense as that has never been her role and never talked about as her strength. Not talking about Lisa being the biggest girl in K pop who had the biggest solo and instead talking about her "competence" in the Korean language, calling Rosé "nasal".

BS article. Only one member was left unscathed!

• Only antis would be okay with it. She is not a rookie, she has been in the industry for 6 long years now. I can't wrap my head around the fact that this man would go and write something as demeaning as that. It's really sad if she came across it because it was trending in pann the whole day yesterday. I am sure she is strong and might have read things like this hundreds of times but it coming from a *music critic* for a rolling stones article does make it more sadder to me.

Also they are all so harsh on these k-pop idols at their big age.they are 40 years old, sitting on a comfortable seat writing about teen k-pop idols. They want them to do everything from singing, dancing, rapping, writing, producing all this while looking PERFECT. You can't have a bad day ever otherwise you will be destroyed.

Edited once, last by kthsolo ().

• Lisa, Jisoo and Rosé were insulted and anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

Mentioning her dancing makes no sense as that has never been her role and never talked about as her strength. Not talking about Lisa being the biggest girl in K pop who had the biggest solo and instead talking about her "competence" in the Korean language, calling Rosé "nasal".

BS article. Only one member was left unscathed!

Exactly, so annoying from them omg

• They are all trash

High school students do better research when writing school essays than these supposed Ivy league graduate journalists

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• No reason to be mad. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, Rolling Stone writers included.

and people are entitled to their opinion on the writer's piece

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Sure but it's not the issue. The issue is not that you disagree with them, the issue I see is that you (or OP) seem to imply this piece shouldn't have been written to begin with. Which sounds very authoritarian; like the taliban police of kpop.

OP said that articles shouldn't be written LIKE THAT, not that articles on BP shouldn't be written at all.

There are a lot of questionable remarks on that RS article, whether you agree with it or not.

• Sure but it's not the issue. The issue is not that you disagree with them, the issue I see is that you (or OP) seem to imply this piece shouldn't have been written to begin with. Which sounds very authoritarian; like the taliban police of kpop.

Soyeon's voice is annoying sometimes but she is talented rapper - would you enjoy it if something like this was written about gidle? Don't say it's not the same because it is and yes it shouldn't have been written. Lots of visual idols are out there, but they don't write something for them this way

• The article's just simply really badly written.

No big deal then.

Soyeon's voice is annoying sometimes but she is talented rapper - would you enjoy it if something like this was written about gidle? Don't say it's not the same because it is and yes it shouldn't have been written. Lots of visual idols are out there, but they don't write something for them this way

Anyone can write anything they want about Soyeon, about how annoying she sounds or whatever they feel like. It's not like people were refraining from it anyway.

• No big deal then.

Anyone can write anything they want about Soyeon, about how annoying she sounds or whatever they feel like. It's not like people were refraining from it anyway.

Yeah with that i mean it was unprofessional. The criticism wasnt the problem, its neither the first nor the last time BP has gotten criticized, the contents as a whole and how it was presented is, so to us it is a big deal.

• Yeah with that i mean it was unprofessional. The criticism wasnt the problem, its neither the first nor the last time BP has gotten criticized, the contents as a whole and how it was presented is, so to us it is a big deal.

So you think it's appropriate to write something like that and fans won't be offended?

The more popular you are, the more you're under scrutiny. It's the same for BTS. You guys want to have your cake and eat it; you want for your faves all the gloss and glitter of success but none of the downsides. Stan a nugu group like Busters or ILY:1, I swear Rolling Stone isn't gonna write anything bad about them anytime soon.

BP got "criticized" (barely), so what? Is their next comeback in jeopardy because of it?

Criticism is not an insult. It's not an offense. It's not blasphemy. Accept that not everyone kneels in blind reverence and worship before your faves like you do. It's not that hard. You guys are the ones who give kpop fandoms a bad name by acting so cult-like. You're acting similarly to demographics you most likely despise like incels when they throw tantrums about how Disney ruined their childhood heroes and beloved comics.

• The more popular you are, the more you're under scrutiny. It's the same for BTS. You guys want to have your cake and eat it; you want for your faves all the gloss and glitter of success but none of the downsides. Stan a nugu group like Busters or ILY:1, I swear Rolling Stone isn't gonna write anything bad about them anytime soon.

BP got "criticized" (barely), so what? Is their next comeback in jeopardy because of it?

Criticism is not an insult. It's not an offense. It's not blasphemy. Accept that not everyone kneels in blind reverence and worship before your faves like you do. It's not that hard. You guys are the ones who give kpop fandoms a bad name by acting so cult-like. You're acting similarly to demographics you most likely despise like incels when they throw tantrums about how Disney ruined their childhood heroes and beloved comics.

So you are telling me calling Lisa exotic and stating Jisoo as least talented is criticism? :melon_think: plus calling Rose nasal

Lmao you don't know what is criticism then

• I understand what the article was trying to say except that they didn't do it very well and so it was a backhanded compliment

they should've used different words and I'm interested to see what the revised edition says

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!