The companies of kpop should stop with rigged votes (win in music show)

• iirc she's predicted to win the big shows this weekend

• But Nayeon didn’t lose to a hybe artist.

Nayeon deserved her wins, but if gaon or circle says Fromis is number one music shows can’t do that much. But that’s Gaon’s fault to not filter the sales.

Fromis_9 is under Pledis, which is under HYBE.

Though I don't think it's a HYBE thing. It's the fans using a Bugs exploit to artificially inflate the digital score.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• This has happened before to twice.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IU and LWY already brought it up but yeah I doubt itll stop anytime soon. Anyway nayeons killing it on kcharts.

:pepe-excited:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Desbundar

• This has happened before to twice.

IU and LWY already brought it up but yeah I doubt itll stop anytime soon. Anyway nayeons killing it on kcharts.

:pepe-excited:

Nayeon kr charts is powerful, she need win

• It's unfortunate, it really is but right now it's also not 100% the music show's/artist company fault but more so an issue or bug in the way one of the charts are reporting numbers and then fans finding a loop hole and then exploiting it.

From what I heard, they can achieved this by either (dont quote me, I only skimmed a few post because I'm at work, don't have exact details)

1.) They found a way to allow multiple downloads, my understanding is there's some kind of restriction that limits how much you can download?

2.) They found a way to cancel download and redownload and having it count?

Again, I didn't look too much into it but either way, if the Music show is unaware of this issue, it's probably not their fault.

I'd imagine the staff of the show probably looked at the numbers and thought it looked off too but unless they know what is wrong exactly, they probably have to assume the numbers are good and proceed with the show.

• downloads are linked to the account so once its linked it cant be downloaded again. There is a loophole if you create an account as a minor (under 14) when you go to download you need adult verification. If you dont accept the adult verification you can still buy the song if its not 18+ but it wont link the account so you can buy it multiple times. This isnt a new exploit and has been done numerous times.

• It's unfortunate, it really is but right now it's also not 100% the music show's/artist company fault but more so an issue or bug in the way one of the charts are reporting numbers and then fans finding a loop hole and then exploiting it.

I agree that inflated downloads can lead to abnormal or unusual music show wins.

But this begs the question: why don't ONCEs also exploit this loophole? I've often heard people say that ONCE is a "lazy" fandom, so perhaps there's some truth to that.

• I agree that inflated downloads can lead to abnormal or unusual music show wins.

But this begs the question: why don't ONCEs also exploit this loophole? I've often heard people say that ONCE is a "lazy" fandom, so perhaps there's some truth to that.

I don't think they knew about the loophole. But, yeah ONCE aren't the best at voting and shit like that. They do buy a tremendous amount of albums and merchandise.

• Now onces are accused of being lazy :angryr:

In a way, it's true. Or rather, the general Once fandom isn't great at voting and social engagement.

Instead a lot of Once buy albums and merchandise, and buy concert tickets. It's a different way of being a fan.

I'd rather do that for them than get music show wins anyday.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• I don't think they knew about the loophole. But, yeah ONCE aren't the best at voting and shit like that. They do buy a tremendous amount of albums and merchandise.

According to the post below from the other thread on this subject, the fandom was aware of the exploit as well, which is what I would expect.

My guess is that this perceived "laziness" stems from a sense of complacency. Twice was simply so dominant for a number of years that fans just expected them to keep winning without the fandom having to put in much work.

Bugs is actually supposed to allow one download per Korean id but according to K-Onces and Fromis fans themselves, there's a bug where you can buy multiple times with the same account if you register as under 14 with a Korean id.

• I agree that inflated downloads can lead to abnormal or unusual music show wins.

Who knows why or why not, Onces just didn't. Even if Onces are lazy, does this justify allowing this to happen? It would be odd to say "well Once shoulda exploited it too, it's their fault they didn't"

The resolution to an issue shouldn't be to fight fire with fire right? That's like saying in a presidential election, if the republicans found a way to mail multiple ballots and have the votes count but then deciding this is okay and no change is necessary because the democratic party had the same access to such loophole.

• According to the post below from the other thread on this subject, the fandom was aware of the exploit as well, which is what I would expect.

My guess is that this perceived "laziness" stems from a sense of complacency. Twice was simply so dominant for a number of years that fans just expected them to keep winning without the fandom having to put in much work.

Yeah sometimes there’s a sentiment of just being twice are big, we shouldn’t vote but I don’t think onces are lazy, there had been a lot of voting polls and when twice were winning it’s just no one thought fromis would be #1 in digitals. I mean she’s #15 on circles. It was just unexpected.

And onces weren’t aware of the bugs downloads thing.

• Who knows why or why not, Onces just didn't. Even if Onces are lazy, does this justify allowing this to happen? It would be odd to say "well Once shoulda exploited it too, it's their fault they didn't"

The resolution to an issue shouldn't be to fight fire with fire right? That's like saying in a presidential election, if the republicans found a way to mail multiple ballots and have the votes count but then deciding this is okay and no change is necessary because the democratic party had the same access to such loophole.

fr if onces would have done same tricks people would’ve said it’s unfair to these groups because they’re less successful but nayeon’s debut was a success ! Let’s be real.

Sorry if we didn’t mass download lol

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!