Do you think that Weeekly lost momentum?

• What's your take on Weeekly in mid 2022?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah but After School was a viral hit, and not everyone can get viral again. It happens. Luck you know?

I like Ven Para but I can see how it was a step back for them. It seemed to alienate fans, or at least people who came for their brighter concept.

The girls certainly got their name out there, and I hope they can gain more attention. I think good things can still happen.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Yes, they did. And It's mostly because their agency didn't capitalize in After School's success. Just when they song grew, they stopped promoting and then move on to a summer comeback as If nothing happened (that I love and It's my favorite title track, but not a good move from that perspective).

As If It wasn't enough, It took them 7 months to comeback again, what is kinda bad for a rookie, with a different concept and sound from what made them being noticed.

BUT they are an amazing group, charismatic and talented, less than 2 years old. They still can change it and standing out.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• They just don't have the privileges of other groups. All attention is on IVE, and both groups from JYP and HYBE. JYP bought for example 50 million playlisting on spotify for promote their shit NMIXX music. Weekly don't have this.

Groups that start from nothing to become popular, need to attract the attention of the public which is very difficult and then must maintain it by chaining only successes which is also very difficult. Some groups don't need that at all 'cause they come from the right company and some here still believe in the myth that all idols work very hard in the same way.

In the case of weekly the situation is complicated for them, but they are lucky to be in a company owned by Kakao so they will have funds to maintain themselves and have a new chance.

• i feel very upset for weeekly. they have some star players, monday, soeun, jiyoon, jihan are star talents that i could see in a big company. specifically monday and soeun, those two are talent beasts

anyway, i blame ist and kakao. i know its common to blame the company but i would truly like to call this the clcification. if you will, there are many factors working against weeekly all at the same time despite the members being great and the albums having banger after banger.

first, ist is a stupid label (respectfully?). maybe not their fault as they began as a small company but i still feel like they put more effort in funding and supporting apink than weeekly. which from a long term revenue standard is pretty stupid to me. im pretty sure the apink members can do their own thing at this point and have their own solid standings but i digress

anyway they suck at promoting weeekly and manage to always give them a comeback at a bad time. not to mention their debut was AMAZING, so much hype and momentum and then they proceeded to give them a song that was worse than the debut, which you simply cannot do as a gg from a small company (see clc dissent from the amazing life altering pepe to the hot garbo like)

and the clcification with ven para. i get that holiday party flopped but it flopped because it was like a c version of after school. they didn't have to hobgoblin tf outta weeekly. they aren't built for that. it was borderline painful watching soojin, jihan, jaehee and zoa attempt that concept. i was only convinced it wasn't horrible because monday and soeun can pull off anything. they are too young for this tragedy

• speaking as someone that was a fan since debut, i was really disappointed with the concept change. they couldve at least make the song good? jaehee especially looked out of place, but only monday and soeun was good with the concept. its not like the girls are getting older (the maknae JUST turned 17). yeah holiday party did somewhat bad but they didnt need a whole concept change. honestly, they waited too long to comeback and changed their concept too much, which alienated the fanbase. they lost the color that made them weeekly. ist didnt need to give them a dark concept for lore either. it was too rushed, and poorly executed, leading them to be forgetted as one of 4th gens frontrunners. i hope they go back to their cute concept, but that feels unlikely, so im even fine with an elegant/space-like concept.

they shouldve gone back to promoting after school when it went viral.

• After School was anomaly and it got more than 10x more streams than any other track by them. They still got decent album sales but the next comeback will tell about their direction.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!