Posts by _Mysteric

You know how sometimes, K-pop MVs will have self-contained storylines? Yeah, I wanna see more of that. Except the storylines are absolutely insane. (But please put spoilers of the MV in a spoiler tag.)

Here's my pick - Bad Guy by Rain. He's in prison and, uh, stuff happens. I like how there are dance segments intercut when he's...well, you'll just have to watch for yourself.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TVXQ: I'd say I'm satisfied. Since they've been around for a while, they have a lot of music, and I like a lot of it. The only thing I want is a Korean comeback...haa, but Epitaph has been doing well for me in the meantime.

H.O.T: Yeah for them, too - even they only have 5 albums they all have tracks I like and don't get tired of. I don't ever find myself wishing for a 6th, if that's what you're asking. (But that's probably also because they've been disbanded for such a long time that wishing for a 6집 is only useless.)

f(x): Extremely satisfied with their music, they never miss. It's just that they haven't released anything in so long, and they're basically disbanded. I was really wishing for just one more album. Until everyone just went up and left. (Immediately after their 10 year anniversary, too! I was really holding on to that hope back then.)

Can I pick all of them?

I LOVE this album. It’s, like, my favorite album from BTS. I don’t listen to it as much as I used to, but it still holds a place in my heart. Obviously, I love all of the tracks (except for Let Me Know ;( ), but my favorite tracks are Could You Turn off Your Cellphone, Look Here, Rain, and especially Do You Think It Makes Sense. Can we talk about Do You Think It Makes Sense a little more? Cuz we need to talk about Do You Think It Makes Sense a little more. (It's like the opposite of Bruno or something, I dunno, I've never watched Encanto before.)

In a more general sense, they probably know. If they're one of those idols who is always watching over your shoulder (like the previously mentioned Bang Chan), the chance of them knowing is even higher. Getting distant? It's a possibility, but I know a lot of rival groups who were actually on good terms with each other - but despite that, the fans fight over...I dunno, their own pride as a fan or something?

But honestly, seeing this thread make me think of this one part of the Happy Together episode that former-H.O.T Tony and Sechskies Jaeduck were on. H.O.T & Sechskies were both aware that their fans didn't get along (of course they were, with fights as physical as they were back in the day), so I guess some tension formed between the groups because of that. The relevant part in the video starts around 2:21.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeonjun looks really different without all the makeup, actually. Or at least in this style of makeup they put him in. I gotta say, he fits the "lost boy hurt after breakup" concept pretty well, and he definitely pulls off the softer look well.

Not to get too nerdy, but the color correcting on the photos is the magic touch that makes everything complete. Beomgyu's in particular really stood out to me in terms of that - it has just the right melancholy with the soft but ever-so-present blues, the vague purple of Gyu's hair, and the pinks of the flower...petals? Buds? Whatever, but the point is the photos look really good.

(...And also Hyuka is really pretty here. Just needed to get that off my chest.)

If you asked me to name my favorite track on this just based on my mind, I'd probably draw a blank, but looking at the tracks I actually like every song on this. The most enduring ones here have to be Cypher pt. 1 and If I Ruled the World. Both of those songs have a really nice hip hop style to them - on Cypher pt. 1 the rappers spit cool fire to a nice jazzy beat, and If I Ruled the World does G-Funk, a style that's very lacking in K-pop nowadays. (I don't get why they say "West side 'till I die" in there, though. It's not even like Yoo Seung Jun who he has actual credit to say he's "west side" since he's from the US - no, Namjoon, you are not "west side", you were born in Seoul.) I also really liked We On, although since my BTS phase has been over I haven't really listened to it much - it's a bit forgettable, honestly.

Hard to say, but if JYP learns their lesson and gives them a song that actually works with their strengths, it'll probably be less hated. And being less hated could lead to people who wouldn't've given NMIXX a chance actually starting to like them, which equals not a flop. But on the other side, JYP could give NMIXX an experience like Queendom by Red Velvet, where the song is as safe as possible but isn't really anyone's favorite, which'll probably equal flop. (Not to say Queendom is bad, I like it a lot!)

Every time I'm reminded that Leeseo was born in 2007, part of my soul leaves me. Leeseo is either younger or only barely older than, like, half of my ult groups themselves. I feared for this day and now it has come.

Oh, and this post reminded me of a (Korean) comment I saw on Rain's Season B Season he did with IVE that went like this:

"Gaeul was born when Rain was singing 'Bad Man', Yujin was born when Rain was singing 'How to Avoid the Sun', Wonyoung, Rei, and Liz were born when Rain was singing 'It’s Raining', Leeseo was born one year before Rain was singing 'Rainism'"

thank you so much!

You're welcome!

Oh, I love me some last.fm - my name on there is bonbongashina. Y'all should share your names over there, I like stalking other people's accounts sometimes. Here's my top 20 of all time:

ELRIS have always been one of my token nugu groups. I'd basically accepted them to be de-facto disbanded at this point, but it's surprising to see them back with a new name. Their music style will probably change, but I'll check out their return as ALICE and see if it hits for me. Good luck, girls!

...oh, but that logo, though...that plain Helvetica font with only the most base level alteration (the star)...it looks so cheap! I know they're a nugu group, but it wouldn't have hurt to mess with a few different fonts instead of making a logo a 9 year old could recreate with PicsArt.

Yeah, through the first pages in this thread I was thinking "this dude being into BDSM doesn't automatically make him a creep". BDSM, first and foremost, has consent and aftercare in mind, which is not at all creepy. Unless his whole presence art-wise is just girls tied up, I...well, I wanna say I wouldn't have too much of a problem with it, but I feel like that would be giving him a little too much slack. Anyways, people are saying he didn't even take the (original tied up woman) pic, which if true, just shows to prove how reactionary K-pop stans are. Sigh.

Edit: Oh, and also, I've never seen the Lesserafim teasers, so I'm not defending those because I don't know what's in them. They may be creepy or they may not be, but as of now, I dunno.

This is not surprising at all - I think I tried to reject it when the rumors came out a while ago, but now that it's happening I'm not at all fazed. And I, for one, don't think he's coming back to EXO promotions-wise - they can take pictures together all they want but I don't think SM's gonna drag him up for promotions again with how little they...not care about him, but they just let him out in the wild (Zhang Yixing Studio) to do whatever he wants and maybe get him to "participate" in an "EXO comeback" when they feel that's gonna happen. (They had to edit him dancing with the group in DFTF ;(;( )

Damn, already a year? Why is it that things that were a week or two ago feel like they're years old, yet old things feel like they just happened...? Anyways, I love this album. I really like every track on there (except for Bambi ;(;( ). But the two most slayful ones are easily the eternal vocal flex All You Got and piano-electro-R&B jam Privacy. I love those two SO much.

Now that I'm learning Korean (and at the point where I can understand a fair bit of most stuff), I've basically been forced to care about Korean lyrics. Usually I don't really pay attention to them, though, (I have to pay attention to really understand lyrics and a lot of the time I'm not doing that with music) but it is a nice bonus when the lyrics are good. As the mythical Korean speaker here, now, I should probably make a thread on lyrics I think are nice - I have a fair few of them. Still, lyrics aren't the most important aspect of me liking a song - it's always been the music for me, but maybe I'm just saying that because I haven't found a song whose lyrics I absolutely hate yet.