Posts by _Mysteric

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Someone else posted another Ha Soobin song so I'm legally obligated to post this song)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't watch music videos much, so my commentary will mostly be limited to the song, but here's my "entry". I encountered this song while looking at old K-pop lives a bit back, and it's stuck with me ever since. I've heard my fair share of dramatic boy group music in the same wheelhouse as this (TRI-ANGLE, anyone?), but I've never seen it done like...this. And the fact that this song is literally titled "God"...not a move I see many K-pop groups making. The music video is also pretty interesting, too.

1st gen - Success in Korea

2nd gen - Success outside Korea (Japan, China, etc.)

3rd gen - Success outside Asia (The West)

4th gen - ??? (Not much else to go other than, like...world domination, I guess)

This is my input to the discussion. I think everyone's as successful as each other in their own terms. Overall, I'm not sure, and I don't wanna get too deep into this because the more I read it the more it reads to me as a repackaged "paved the way" debate.

My older sister is a full-fledged K-pop stan - she became one around 2020 and her ults are LOONA, Stray Kids, TXT, and ENHYPEN as far I can remember. It's fun having someone to talk to about this stuff since I've been one longer than her and I was the only K-pop stan in my house until she got into it. My twin sister used to like K-pop, too, but now she says that she isn't anymore.

As for the rest of my family, they do not mind and try to engage in my interests. My older sister often plays music in the car, so my mom's picked up a few songs. Once I was humming Fairy of Shampoo to myself and my mom came up to me and said "that's my favorite song!".

External Content youtu.be

This Shinhwa song is pretty cute and I like it, but Eric's rap in the middle is so phenomenally cringe it makes me shed my skin like a snake every time I hear it. And the fact that they replayed it over the final chorus like it was the coolest thing ever...

I feel like my opinion could change between listens, but right now, I'm thinking this. The song had potential - even though I thought the hook was kinda wonky, I could deal with it. Then they just drastically switched the beat and I was like "huh???". If you wanna make two completely different songs just make two completely different songs! You are NOT the aespa you think you are. But I was begrudgingly able to deal with the beat switch in (suju's) House Party, so maybe I can deal with this one.

But yeah. Freaky fishy fishy outsold 100%.

I'm trying to learn Korean, so I'm consuming a lot more non-music content than I usually would. It's mostly 1st gen groups (and mainly H.O.T cuz I like them) because most 1st gen content doesn't have English subs. (That's actually why I started hardcore learning Korean, haha.) Somehow today I found myself watching NCT content made by K-fans. Listening to the music is still my main way of enjoying K-pop, though.

I actually make mashups! I have a YouTube channel where I make mashups (for anyone curious, it's called beautyzzz - I don't wanna bother to link it hehe), although it doesn't have much content. All of my favorite mashups are just sitting there in my mashup folder, only available to me, though.

As for other people, I've really been into this one. I doubt many of you will know the Deux song in the equation (I didn't either), but it's still fun and nice either way.

External Content youtu.be

My goodness, it's been 3 years? Gosh, I feel old. Anyways, I like it as much as much as I did back then. (Well, I remember not liking it at first listen, but my feelings quickly changed.) It still holds up for me, and I think it'd still hold up if it was released today. There's not really a big difference between Dalla Dalla and the music of today.

- ajanae and her clique

Self-explanatory, really. ajanae (and her clique) are basically what you would get if you took all the most toxic parts of K-pop stan Twitter and made it into a person. (Or, since I'm talking about her with her clique, people?)

- "K-pop content farms"

I use the term "K-pop content farm" to describe channels like BeBoss TV, K-Pop Zone, that one channel I can't remember the name of that did that video saying Matsujun was jealous of BTS, etc. These content farms are produced by people who I doubt are even really K-pop fans, and frequently spread misinformation. They're soulless.

- KOOKIELIT

I think KOOKIELIT would fit into the K-pop content farm category, but I had to give them a special mention. I used to watch them when they first started (I had a craving for more Midnight Theories-like content), but then they turned into a soulless news channel and Lucas stannie.

I'm sure everyone's said their piece on this, but I am the messenger of coming to things late, so I will come to things late. I was expecting nothing from this so I didn't listen, but after seeing it on the front page of Bugs, I decided to give in. It's actually pretty good! The chorus and the parts similar to it really stand out to me, I can't come up with a reason why but I like it. So, I'll say BOP!