Posts by _Mysteric

I can read Korean and am also a graphic designer. I'll explain what they're talking about with the Lucid Dream font - the font for the 자각몽 (the Korean name for Lucid Dream) is literally the default Korean font. It's like if someone used a super detailed font for the Korean and then for the text in English just used Arial. I can see why they're peeved. I don't have any issues with the English font, though.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not your usual dancy-type song and not even that known but very nice to listen to.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Specifically the bridge and end part. Very cool.

Japanoise is real noise music.

Literally, that was what I was going to say. If you can find a song in K-pop that sounds remotely like this I will applaud you. Anyways, noise music (at least in the K-pop sense) doesn't exist, it's just what idiots think anything that even delves into EDM or is slightly experimental is like. I don't think the term noise music should be used, not even as a positive (except if you're talking about the actual genre noise music, like the video that person linked.) Life was so much better when that term didn't exist.

we have something in common. 1st gen is amazing in terms of idol groups and other non-idol 90's groups and singers. Koyote and Cool made amazing upbeat songs.

Koyote & Cool? I don't know those as much, I don't really delve into those types of groups. Excluding SM artists (admittely, I have a pretty big bias towards them :S ), one of my favorites is Diva. I love the kind of style they went for in their first three albums, their 2nd especially. I did listen to their 4th album, although I only have Crazy, Everybody Sing a Song, & Destiny saved. I have yet to listen to their full discography, though I probably should get on that...

I hate to say it but this thread is gonna get 1 or 2 replies tbh. We can discuss 1st gen, though.

Actually...yeah, I've seen, like, a bunch of the active users here and none of them look like they're remotely interested in 1st gen K-pop and stuff. The farthest I've seen them go is a handful of 2nd gen GGs. Maybe I can be the one 1st gen nerd on here. :wellr:

I haven't been an active user here in a while (like, before the site purge), and I've only recently rejoined. So, are there any other people on AKP who enjoy 1st gen K-pop here? Who are your favorite groups? Your favorite songs? I don't know, I'm just looking to find more of y'all here and I think this would be a good introduction post for me. :S

If you find another group you love more then that's fine. But it just goes to show you never really loved that previous group.

This one sentence shows how dumb you are. Maybe I phrased it badly, but changing your ult does not equal completely cutting yourself off from all of their content or something. For example, when I created this account, I was primarily a fan of f(x). Now, I am primarily a fan of TVXQ, but that doesn't mean I'm not still a fan of f(x)'s music. I still listen to them a lot and appreciate their discography. Does stanning a group mean devotion to them until the end of time to you?

So, are we not allowed to change bias groups now? Are we in 2011 now, where everyone who was, say, a Shawol could NEVER leave the fandom for any other group? Let's say that hypothetical Shawol suddenly develops an interest for DGNA. That person has the right to jump ship from SHINee to DGNA because DGNA is what they enjoy more. Or, even more mindblowingly...they could be fans of BOTH groups! I hate this gatekeeping stuff so much.

Nah. Sounds like he slapped his bad autotuned singing over one of those type-beats.

I used AKP all through the old design. I miss that a lot (you can tell by my location I don't exactly like the revamp) - especially my matching Victoria and Key badges. They were pink and blue, my favorite color combination! TBH, having the old posts inaccessible kinda hurts, but at least I don't have to see the dumb stuff 2018 me said.

[...] Then tvxq disbanded [...]

I don't know if it's just me, but I get really pissed off when people say TVXQ's disbanded. This is the year of our lord, 2021, TVXQ still exists as 2, they're not disbanded. (I'm not even a hardcore OT2, I'm just really sensitive about this stuff.)

Anyways, I joined in late 2017. I don't know my first K-pop song (it was lrobably Gangnam Style, tbh), but since I was a Vocaloid & MMD person I encountered lots of dances to songs I didn't know were K-pop at the time. I think I got into K-pop because of BTS's DNA, but the first groups I really liked were SHINee & f(x). A lot of my time as a baby stan was spent on this forum, actually! (I miss you, my matching Victoria and Key badges. I really do!)

External Content youtu.be