Posts by _Mysteric

Damn, my hang up is why he even felt the need to apologize for premarital pregnancy. Is South Korea really that conservative? In America, you wouldn't need to apologize for that kind of stuff. It's weird.

Anyways, I was looking at the comments of the actual TheQoo post because Pannchoa is a neverending black hole of negativity, and I just wanted to share this comment. "If Bobby's daughter is a girl, then isn't she a barbie (Bobby) girl..."

My god, that is a dumb joke.

Edit: I forgot to say, that title makes it look like Bobby himself got pregnant...first mpreg idol confirmed :S

Andy from Shinhwa

I think Andy's case is less like "fully leaving the group" and more of a hiatus-type deal. (At least that's what the SHCJs speak of it as.) But I dunno, I've watched a variety show that was released around this era and that treated it like Andy had fully left. I don't know for sure.

Anyways, girl group Diva had Ji Ni leave after their first two albums, but she quickly rejoined after their 3rd album activities wrapped up.

BTS have been doing these since their debut year. Why else do you think everyone is doing them nowadays? :wellr:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wait a year longer you will see k-pop groups doing commentary films, like BTS did during MOTS7, with everyone involved from producers, directors to instrumentalists, choir groups doing commentary about the song and album making process. Or the members if they are involved in the album making process do vlogs, like BTS did during BE, about the same. If you want to know what more goes BEHIND THE SCENES (damn! I have to type the full form to not get mistaken ;-))

Anyways, if you can speak Korean or simply have some time to spare, 스타다큐 (Star Documentary) is an interesting watch. There are many artists who've had their own 스타다큐, but I think this H.O.T one is a nice look into the process of making a K-pop album and just the general K-pop culture in the 90s. They announced their album via, like, public conference back then.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

gYeiuRn.png

Here's mine, thanks to last.fm. (Plugging my account: its name is bonbongashina.) I knew I listened to Tank a lot, but I didn't expect it to be literally number one. And I'm surprised by the number of recent songs in here, considering most of my top artists this year debuted before 2010. (And for those of you who can't read Korean, number 10 is In the Time Spent with You by Seo Taiji and Boys.)

I'm forever a slave to SM, so I'll say aespa. Their music is pretty neat, too, and all of them are pretty.

Other than that...geez, I am an old hag. STAYC are nice, I guess. GWSN have real good music, but I'm not very interested in the members. ITZY are good, I surprisingly really liked their "Crazy in Love" album. My sister likes LOONA and they're pretty cool (although I probably would've been more into them if they kept being really cool like in their early days – but that doesn't mean current LOONA is bad, they're just a bit less cool, but still cool)...

What I mean by the title is K-pop songs that have the same energy. If they were people, they'd sit at the same table because they're just so similar. (But like, not in a plagiarism-ry way. Or maybe in a plagiarism-ry way?) Just, like, they have the same vibes. I'll give my picks:

And of course, the one with songs nobody cares about:

So, we've just been faced with insane news. After 5 years, Girls' Generation are (reportedly - I still have a very tiny part of me that thinks this is too good to be true) finally having a full group comeback. (Oh, and also more news that happened WHILE I was writing this post - all of TWICE opened personal Instagram accounts.) So, seeing this (and the 2NE1 reunion that happened at Coachella, like, last month), what's the next insane thing that's gonna happen in K-pop land? Place your bets here, and also feel free to make new ones. ;-)

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Honestly, I feel like I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and I'd have dreamed all this. Every time we've had possible SNSD comeback talk it's led to nothing, but now it seems like it's confirmed. I still can't believe it, it feels like an unreality. But damn. Daaaaaamn. It's been long enough!!

Edit: And August is the month of my birthday. It's the perfect present, SNSD comeback and me turning another year old!! Woo!!

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

Anyways, here's a few of my favorites:

not "insane" exactly but with an interesting plot twist

I feel like we've all seen this one at some point. Although I already know the plot twist, so it kinda ruins the MV for me... :S

Anyways, I have another nomination I just remembered. Alone by Moon Hee Jun, which is what happens when you combine the high production movie-like story MV format and the jankiness of 1st gen K-pop. I don't know how they simultaneously had a high budget and no budget for this. Bang bang.

There's a lot of peak NCT, but I see your case...! Birthday Party is great (I haven't listened to much footwork, but it feels like at least footwork-lite and even footwork-lite is amazing), and Love on the Floor is peak everything. Love that song too much. (Maybe on the floor?)