Posts by oldschool29

kazuha, due to visuals imo, yunjin too kinda went for it

its kinda weird cause we already know about chae and sakura, so they might naturally stand out more.

I agree, I thought Sakura would really dominate since she's well known, kind of like Wonyoung and Yujin in IVE. Honestly the way they've styled her here is so different than her Izone days, it takes me a split second to recognize her in the mv and teaser photos. It's probably good for them to start fresh and avoid favoritism rumors though.

Where did you find evidence that her eating habits haven't changed? When people lose weight that's the most likely explanation, I don't see why you would rule that out. People with muscle don't have thighs that look like that. I don't see much muscle, I see loose skin, tendons, and at times, bone. It looks like she lost both fat and muscle compared to before in both her arms and legs.

Also, they debuted several years ago, I don't see why they would suddenly have a very different exercise schedule. She didn't look like this a couple months ago. In any case, if you massively up your exercise and don't change your eating habits that *isn't* healthy. Like if I'm totally sedentary I can live on 1500 calories, but if I started running 20 miles a day, that calorie intake would be extremely unhealthy.

Edit to add: this is a random fancam from last fall that illustrates my point. You can see that while she's very thin and you can sometimes see her ribs, her thighs are smooth and toned, and her arms are thin but not scary looking. The bicep muscle you see here is totally absent in the recent fancam. So you can't say that this weight loss is due to some lifestyle change that happened when she went from a trainee to an idol, she had already been an idol here for years.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

She's fine...

Mainly because she is a member of Itzy where their Performances help tone their bodies so it's natural she would lose fat so her weight of 46kg has a high muscle count.

It is unhealthy for your ribs to show if you hardly did any exercise

Disagree strongly. Watch the video and compare her loose, thinner than usual thighs that reveal tendons while she moves to Chaeryeong's. Chaeryeong is what a thin, but muscular woman looks like. All the girls are under the same lighting conditions and doing the same choreo, you can't blame stuff like that if only one girl looks unhealthy. Also her arms are even thinner than usual, I don't see much muscle there.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Whoa, thanks for sharing. What strikes me from the vid isn't her rib cage (some people just don't carry a lot of fat there and you can see it when they flex in certain ways), but her thighs. They used to be normal/plump and now they look kind of gaunt and move differently. I mean her ribs don't look great either, but the legs are definitely different than they were before and can't be blamed on the lighting. I wonder if she's stressed now that JYP has a new girl group and ITZY is kind of plateauing.

Yeah, other groups have had bland debuts and then gone on to be popular, but I honestly can't think of any group with a debut that was so universally hated that went on to be a top group. Can you?

They'll be solid because they're from JYP and have Sullyoon, they could have really wiped the floor with fourth gen though. Like seriously, with their looks and vocals if they had gotten a catchy song it would have been lights out for IVE, StayC, and pretty much every 4th gen group other than Aespa. Now their new gg hype has died down and people will be focusing on the Hybe group. Not that they can't succeed, but it will be an uphill battle for them now.

I mean, I think you're just joking, but I hate that we've all accepted that it's okay for a singing group to have only one person capable of carrying a tune while the rest are just attractive backup dancers. These people are literally paid to sing, it's not too much to ask for them to have some basic competency.

Also, most people sound this good singing in a stairwell (or whatever echoey place this is). I mean no disrespect to Karina at all, I'm a big sm stan and she's my bias in Aespa, she's talented, but not talented enough to carry a group as a main vocalist.

It's pretty good, but they could have given her something that showed off her voice a little more. I think that's where she can really beat a lot of current idols and they didn't take advantage of it.

On an unrelated note, did she get lip filler recently? No hate if she did, just curious because she looks a bit different here.

Hmm, hard to say. Kep1er has a built in fanbase since they're from a survival show. On the other hand IVE had the best debut song of the three and surpassed everyone's expectations, maybe they can keep that momentum going. NMixx is the most talented in my opinion and if they manage to have a comeback with a public friendly song soon they could blow the competition out of the water. Girl group competition is heating up and we haven't even gotten HYBE's group yet. I think Aespa are thanking their lucky stars that they debuted when they did and had that time to establish themselves.

I mean, BTS and blackpink to have "western friendly" sounds, but why are you including Exo and Twice in there? Those two groups sound like they had the Korean market in mind to me. Twice only recently released an English language track, they were pretty much ignoring the western market for most of their career.

In any case, I don't think the term "sellout" applies to any of these groups. When you call someone a sellout it means that they compromised their integrity just to make a quick buck. Like someone who started out as a renowned classical composer switching to writing commercial jingles just to make money. BTS did pivot their style a bit I guess, but I don't think they compromised themselves in any way, and blackpink has always sounded pretty much the same.

Yeah, idk, it seems like JYP isn't interested in investing that much in Twice anymore, all their recent songs have been a bit bland. It's like they just want to milk their popularity as much as they can for the near future, but they'll invest their creative teams elsewhere. You see other companies doing the same with their senior groups unfortunately.

With NMixx it's like they invested too much, haha, too many cooks in the kitchen and they made a mess. Pop music will always be hit or miss though, you're never going to have a company that only releases bop after bop, popularity will rise and fall.

Please let's not with this exo ls are saint and not engaging with wars when they were once crowned as the most toxic fandom. SM boy groups stans are generally toxic to SM girl groups. I can bet you my arms, that SM boy groups stans prefer to stan blackpink instead of SM girl groups, and don't care or even toxic to them. Like, some people keep saying elfs are so saint as well, when they were the one that initiated black ocean to snsd back then.

And blinks aren't toxic? Are we living in the same universe?

I never said exo L's were never toxic, I said all the major fandoms went through a toxic phase at some point. When a group gets really big it tends to attract terminally online type people who view the fandom as their friends and family, and are willing to go to any lengths to support that group, as well as garden variety trolls because they know they'll get a lot of attention if the group is popular.

Exo debuted a decade ago, I haven't seen rabid exo fans online in many years. Exo is not that active as members are doing military service, members have left the group, had kids, etc, it's just a weird example to bring up right now. Half the people on this site weren't even around for that era. I also specifically said that some blinks *have* been toxic before, reread the post.

This is not an SM problem tho Koreans don’t care about BGs that’s a separate issue and irrelevant to what I’m talking about now.

But they're not the top boy group either, it's not just that they're beaten by girl groups. SM had a winning formula in 2nd gen: catchy music performed by likable members who were also some of the best singers around. They kept the talent moving forward, but decided to get a bit too experimental for the public's taste, and the constant rotating of NCT members dissuades casual fans in the general public from getting invested. You can argue that aespa is super experimental as well, but next level's chorus and choreo were extremely catchy, and the small number of members makes them more recognizable.

Just say you don't know anything about NCT or their fandom. It's shorter. :suure:

I never said NCT had no fans, if you're their fan that's great! I'm saying SM's new strategy did them a bit dirty. They're super talented and seem to be growing each year, but they haven't become as successful for their generation as comparably talented senior company members were. SNSD and DBSK both had highest selling albums of the year, Super Junior did that twice, and Exo did it three times. This is a company that had a winning formula and then decided to shake things up. I'm not criticizing the NCT members or their fandom, I'm criticizing SM.

Not just on tiktok. For youtube views, compared to other top agencies (jyp, yg, hybe) they generally flop too.

SM has a huge problem in building their artists "persona". They need to learn from YG. YG doesnt even have top tier singers or dancers or whatever you wanna call but look how they always boast even the most little thing (like treasure can chart at 200+ on melon and their fans would still call it legend and spread all over the internet. You think it won't work? Say hi to BTS or probably Loona. Loona basically rose to where they are now thru youtube comment:"stan loona")

Meanwhile SM stans generally toxic to one another fandom. Exo ls attack teyon, or red velvet, they tend to stan blackpink for example. Just for that "edgy" bandwagon thing

Mmm, I was kinda with you for the first half of this comment. Like SM seems like they rely too much on talent and not as much on building relationships between idols fans that seem personal to the fans. For example NCT, there are sooo many members and they all swap in and out of the subunits, the message that SM is either intentionally or unintentionally sending there is that the members are all replaceable, none of them are special or unique. That was a big misstep on SM's part, going back to SNSD one of the reasons they were so successful is that the public knew each member and loved their personalities.

Re: toxic fandom, are you kidding? Lol, hardcore exo stans are all like married with kids these days, they're not engaging in online fan wars. Every major fandom has gone through a toxic phase, including blinks and everyone else. That's not an SM specific issue.

Edited to add: I've always wondered if SM's strategy with NCT was in response to what happened to Exo. Exo was riding so high and took a big hit when some members left the group. It felt to me like they wanted to prevent any members of NCT from getting so popular that losing them would harm the group. Problem is, if they don't get that popular than neither does the group..