Why are SM acts nugu on tiktok

• Take YG : they have so many audios over 500k and from all their acts too. BP, CL, Big Bang, treasure

And JYP have SKZ. Twice have a lot of audio with like 300-400k too.

While the only semi viral SM song is zoo which isn’t even a real cb at some 100k videos and I guess the only actual viral one is that Yours Colab song by Chanyeol and Raiden which has close to 500k videos (Great song BTW deserved)

Anyway when will SM stop being nugu on tiktok

Discuss

• SM artists in general struggle in international platforoms compared to their peers from other big companies. it is the same thing in youtube and spotify with a few exceptions here and there. I guess, SM's music isn't very palatable to international audiences outside of people who are into that specific sound (who end up being fans)

• SM artists in general struggle in international platforoms compared to their peers from other big companies. it is the same thing in youtube and spotify with a few exceptions here and there. I guess, SM's music isn't very palatable to international audiences outside of people who are into that specific sound (who end up being fans)

It’s true and I know it’s true but I can’t cope

70D04F1F-5C1B-43F7-9207-5E32C307BDA1.jpeg

Is there any specific reason to that? Or it's just simply SM's music not appealing to international platforms?

Am curios to know :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Is there any specific reason to that? Or it's just simply SM's music not appealing to international platforms?

Am curios to know :cursing:

it is SM's music style.

Now, i am not saying that all SM artists sound similar but it is true imo that the company as a whole has a certain style that's not necessarily friendly / easily digestible. I think out of all current SM artists, EXO and Red Velvet have the more friendly sound (at least most of the time) and that's why they do the best internationally (also most of the time lol)

• Not just on tiktok. For youtube views, compared to other top agencies (jyp, yg, hybe) they generally flop too.

SM has a huge problem in building their artists "persona". They need to learn from YG. YG doesnt even have top tier singers or dancers or whatever you wanna call but look how they always boast even the most little thing (like treasure can chart at 200+ on melon and their fans would still call it legend and spread all over the internet. You think it won't work? Say hi to BTS or probably Loona. Loona basically rose to where they are now thru youtube comment:"stan loona")

Meanwhile SM stans generally toxic to one another fandom. Exo ls attack teyon, or red velvet, they tend to stan blackpink for example. Just for that "edgy" bandwagon thing

• Maybe their fans just don't care about TikTok? Like I follow a lot of NCTzens and I've never once seen any of them do any NCT related TikToks except Zoo (because Taeyong was posting them to his IG and they were hoping to be picked.)

• Nothing can entice me to install that app

Not even my fav

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• not only on tiktok, but on spotify too!

It’s a bit of a catch 22 for example red velvet and EXO did fine on Spotify. The gap was there with BTS and BP. But after that it wasn’t so bad like now. Like multiple ppl weren’t doing better than EXO. And RV b sides did even better than twice.

Tiktok leads to certain kind of customers the viral ones who go back and stream on Spotify as well. That’s why 4th gen BGs have such a huge boost as well. And SM isn’t able to keep up with that viral nature that’s expected rn. That’s my feeling.

But now even with a good song idk if EXO can get streams like these 4th gen BGs so I’m over here trying to COPE.

• I feel like EXO would be a stand out in Tiktok in Kpop Community If they were in their prime in the right time for that. Even If it was in Douyin (chinese's tiktok).

Contrary to what some people who thinks EXO debuted in 2019 believe, they were always up there as one of the biggest korean acts in international streaming plataforms during their peak and their music used to always appeal for casuals.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• at least there is at least one SM idol who is good at TikTok. :pepe-hehe:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I guess their title songs aren't that type. Bsides don’t get any kind of promo even if they get some attention (especially lately).

Out of SM artists EXo and RV have song titles that imo can kick internationally. But unfortunately a lot of those gems existed before Tiktok was what it is today. Maybe in the future it would happen.

lt64IYu.gif

• To the fans that come here saying that they don't use tiktok, as if that explains everything, I hope you realise that fans aren't the ones that make things go viral, it's rather casual listeners that do. The lack of casual listeners is the reason most SM groups have physical sales and touring on a lock but are lacking when it comes to streams, views and general trendiness.

• I feel like EXO would be a stand out in Tiktok in Kpop Community If they were in their prime in the right time for that. Even If it was in Douyin (chinese's tiktok).

Contrary to what some people who thinks EXO debuted in 2019 believe, they were always up there as one of the biggest korean acts in international streaming plataforms during their peak and their music used to always appeal for casuals.

Exo old. I’m also old. Time to self ban.

• I guess their title songs aren't that type. Bsides don’t get any kind of promo even if they get some attention (especially lately).

Out of SM artists EXo and RV have song titles that imo can kick internationally. But unfortunately a lot of those gems existed before Tiktok was what it is today. Maybe in the future it would happen.

Wow everytime y’all call exo old y’all driving the knife into my heart deeper can a girl live :pepecry: :pepeshock: :pepe-hehe:

• To the fans that come here saying that they don't use tiktok, as if that explains everything, I hope you realise that fans aren't the ones that make things go viral, it's rather casual listeners that do. The lack of casual listeners is the reason most SM groups have physical sales and touring on a lock but are lacking when it comes to streams, views and general trendiness.

Exactly this. If you see the actual number of tags under a kpop act it’s millions and billions but that doesn’t mean anything. Kpop fans making kpop videos isn’t what makes it viral. It’s how you can get normies to use your sound

• It’s a bit of a catch 22 for example red velvet and EXO did fine on Spotify. The gap was there with BTS and BP. But after that it wasn’t so bad like now. Like multiple ppl weren’t doing better than EXO. And RV b sides did even better than twice.

Tiktok leads to certain kind of customers the viral ones who go back and stream on Spotify as well. That’s why 4th gen BGs have such a huge boost as well. And SM isn’t able to keep up with that viral nature that’s expected rn. That’s my feeling.

But now even with a good song idk if EXO can get streams like these 4th gen BGs so I’m over here trying to COPE.

yeah only red velvet does well. twice is the 3rd most streamed kpop artist on spotify with more than 10M monthly listeners so idk what you're trying to say.

• Not just on tiktok. For youtube views, compared to other top agencies (jyp, yg, hybe) they generally flop too.

SM has a huge problem in building their artists "persona". They need to learn from YG. YG doesnt even have top tier singers or dancers or whatever you wanna call but look how they always boast even the most little thing (like treasure can chart at 200+ on melon and their fans would still call it legend and spread all over the internet. You think it won't work? Say hi to BTS or probably Loona. Loona basically rose to where they are now thru youtube comment:"stan loona")

Meanwhile SM stans generally toxic to one another fandom. Exo ls attack teyon, or red velvet, they tend to stan blackpink for example. Just for that "edgy" bandwagon thing

Mmm, I was kinda with you for the first half of this comment. Like SM seems like they rely too much on talent and not as much on building relationships between idols fans that seem personal to the fans. For example NCT, there are sooo many members and they all swap in and out of the subunits, the message that SM is either intentionally or unintentionally sending there is that the members are all replaceable, none of them are special or unique. That was a big misstep on SM's part, going back to SNSD one of the reasons they were so successful is that the public knew each member and loved their personalities.

Re: toxic fandom, are you kidding? Lol, hardcore exo stans are all like married with kids these days, they're not engaging in online fan wars. Every major fandom has gone through a toxic phase, including blinks and everyone else. That's not an SM specific issue.

Edited to add: I've always wondered if SM's strategy with NCT was in response to what happened to Exo. Exo was riding so high and took a big hit when some members left the group. It felt to me like they wanted to prevent any members of NCT from getting so popular that losing them would harm the group. Problem is, if they don't get that popular than neither does the group..

• For example NCT, there are sooo many members and they all swap in and out of the subunits, the message that SM is either intentionally or unintentionally sending there is that the members are all replaceable, none of them are special or unique. That was a big misstep on SM's part, going back to SNSD one of the reasons they were so successful is that the public knew each member and loved their personalities.

Just say you don't know anything about NCT or their fandom. It's shorter. :suure:

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!