Posts by SendFoodPics

jessica was kick out tho

and pledis/jyp is not normal, first twice is the first gg in jyp to evere renew same for sv with pledis

they are way too isolated cases

idk if they renew or not but comparing it to jyp and pledis very unique cases is not really fair

I was just giving recent examples, but most groups don't get publicly pressured to renew so obviously, ie this is more like FNC and KARA.

The BP girls have likely renewed but they're still negotiating their terms to stay, and this pressure YG is pushing on them is to make them stumble and retract their demands.

You can sign "an agreement in principle" which is a legally binding contract that both sides say they agree to do business while the details are being ironed out.

It's my belief that BLACKPINK signed this in January according to my sources.

Oh definitely. It's scummy that YG is still mediaplaying when business is being ironed out because that's pressuring the Pinks when they want something from YG on their own terms.

no I dont mind the "renew early" I mean the second one an then they renew

the same was for exo and most sm artist

SM is weird because they do the 10+ contract where it's basically 10 years and then the artists have internal discussions. It gives the illusion of choice, but all of RV basically had to renew because they had a 10 year not a 7 year contract. Same with SNSD, and why Jessica left so..shockingly.

as much as I dislike this account they said they find this star news reliable

Star News was the one who broke the news about Sakura from IZ*ONE signing with Hybe before any other outlet knew of it)

It's not that Star News isn't reliable but it's in very bad taste to say "They're 'going' to renew but have not officially done" so yet because that means artist formalities and perks have not been ironed out, and the deal might fall through.

For example, SM mediaplayed with SNSD's renewal similarly, and then released a statement saying Seohyun, Sunny..etc were still discussing.

It's likely all 4 have resigned, but to not officially say so in a letter (a la Seventeen/Pledis) before pushing the public approval is wrong.

wasnt the narrative that group renewing get news about it month in advance

thats why I been seeing

now that happening means the opposite

so what is it?

A lot of groups renew early. And then the company releases a statement saying "Hey X renewed early!". That's fine. Best example is PLEDIS with Seventeen, and TWICE recently with JYP put out a very clear statement that they are renewing.

But YG here released an article saying "Hey BP did not yet renew, but they are basically renewing so trust us anyways!"

- The title says "BP are renewing" but when you read the actual text, it does not explicitly say "JENNIE, LISA, ROSE and JISOO have renewed".

Finely a CEO that cares for the actual group and not just the money

Quite a few CEOs are like that however as a company/group gets bigger, financiers and investors get to meddle in and get their say and it causes a ton of problems.

I don't know if people remember Cube's old ceo everyone loved.

He had to fight with his own management and leave.

Chungha was super close to MNH's Ceo but he retired in 2020,and then the company got so bad Chungha was furious at them.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hopefully they get on that festival circuit, with their popularity in shows, they can get easily 100% of production costs finalized, and possibly a variety spot.

BP on the plane probably reading this news like :eyes: rn lmao.

WTF, this is fanwar dynamite...right now. Big stans will pressure their favs to leave and big stans will also pressure them to stay. YG is scum.

I remember SM doing this too but not this early (because they had a good idea of who was/wasn't going to renew) so the fact YG is pulling it out this quickly sucks. Aren't 3/4 of the girls abroad too rn?

I also don't think BP is that dependent on YG. I get SM with SM family to a certain extent besides TVXQ back in the day, and even JYP with their entertainment connections, but BP, all 4 of them, are popular enough to get shows, movies, news, fashion shows, on their own. It's also not like YG is super functional as a company.

Whichever group gains the most fans with a good fan balance. Billie are reasonably popular but there's a huge fandom problem where some members have less fans to speak of and some have a ton. Purple Kiss are doing their own type of style. I haven't been too impressed with Popmusic, CSR's company in terms of promotions.

H1-key and Fifty Fifty both have reasonable companies (in comparison), and H1key is actually under Sony music as well, so for now I will say H1key will be more popular overall (might hit big first) but FiftyFifty has a better popularity balance so I could see them being a dark horse kind of like Loona.

Weren't you the same person who pretended you didn't even know Jimin had a comeback but was lurking in all his threads prior till it was released? Now you're watching Jimin content. Interesting. Let me see if Aespa has ever sung live at all. I usually ignore them but now I'm curious.

And blinks when Jisoo performs live as well, I will give back the same energy.

This isn’t a tit for tat thing 😭. Aespa have sung live multiple times. The criticism comes from him being a senior idol, debuted 2013 along with being a lead vocalist in his group.

Jisoo is a sub vocalist. It’s like comparing Joy’s encore (a sub/quasi lead vocal) to OMG Yooa’s (lead vocal) - obviously there’s a difference in ability. Especially since Jimin gets a lot of lines it makes sense people are annoyed.

I had this same question when Twice got dragged: Aren't encore stages supposed to be fun and you're not really trying that hard? I've seen so many groups just having fun and singing like trash because they're not trying to put on a good performance, they're just goofing around and having a good time. It seems real selective who gets dragged for their encore stage and who doesn't.

Not really tbh. My favorite 2nd gen group was Girls Day, who came out with an awful live during their debut, and that basically crashed their popularity for years. Encores were certainly not as scrutinized today, but especially for girl groups they were considered a big deal. KARA got dragged like Twice do today for so many unfortunate live performances, especially since KARA collabed with a ton of top musical artists.

Ironically now KARA has some of the best lives in the business, I’d say standards have actually dropped in 3rd gen but 4th gen is seeing a positive uptick (especially with ggs, bgs still have some problems) with NMIXX and other groups.

Idol groups who were having fun during their encore stages were generally performing live at multiple festivals, so one messed up performance didn’t matter because they did so many lives otherwise. That’s why. Nowadays being an idol has more international recognition and less groups go the traditional festival route. Hence why encores matter more now because you don’t hear them live as much otherwise.

Drugs are a pretty big talking point/bogeyman in South Korea at the moment so fearmongering definitely feels correct for this.

What drug dealers would have to gain by lacing so many candies who knows. Especially in SK where it's harder and therefore more expensive to get drugs.

Drugs are probably a very minor thing here, I'd argue alcohol played a bigger role as people were in clubs and not checking the alerts about the death toll. There were visibly drunk people outside a bar blocking the ambulance as well. The biggest problem is that Itaewon is PACKED. It needs to be restricted quickly - it's very common for it to be filled to the brim and this tragedy was unfortunately going to happen one day. There is a reason why entire cities are getting reconstructed now due to high population density.

Some of the party goers were to be blamed

Common sense is that you see an emergency vehicle, you let them pass and evacuate the area safely

People dancing with ambulance lights flashing into their faces is just dehumanizing

I don't disagree, I was furious earlier. 100k people went to that Halloween - 20k of them realistically ignorantly stayed out for far too long. I'm counting around 100-200 people around the ambulances who ruined it for everyone.

No need to delete it. People need to see this so they can see the consequences of a stampede.

Stampedes are rarely fully the cause of human error though. They happen when an overcrowded place gets overwhelmed quickly and sometimes it happens too fast for people to be able to get out of the scene. It is human ignorance that can make it worse - however that calls for widespread crowd control regulation and for people to stop treating ambulances/medical workers and officials with contempt. A twitter video will really not help.

I think a big lesson for everyone out partying is to CHECK YOUR PHONES

It seems like a few of the people in Itaewon still partying who came out later (onto the crushing alleyways) were not aware of the mobile alerts being set out to people to go home asap.

A lot of the drunk partygoers did mess up (blocking the ambulance) however I can't fully blame them because it should have always been policed and regulated by the city department. However I can't think of very many party districts that get policed that well anyways because of how popular Itaewon is.

Just horrifying on all ends.

No way. Taeyeon levels of success I don't think will be replicated for a while. Sunmi/Hyuna maybe, but Taeyeon's solo debut was a cumulation of her SONE popularity [was literally top 3 most-biased female idols in 2nd gen], being hated on for so long, debuting later than her main vocal peers, having a popular song, and a very likeable voice.

The top 3 most biased female idols are probably Lisa, Jennie and probably like Sana or something for 3rd gen.

For 4th gen...Wonyoung only hit max popularity a year or so ago, the rest are too new to have that kind of impact Taeyeon accumulated over 5-6 years.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Of course they knew but didn't care.

The narrow entrance has always been a huge crowding hazard but realistically the police in the area have been understaffed for a while, and they likely overlooked how bad the crowd would be this year. It's always overcrowded but since it brings in a lot of profit they are told to ignore it. I am more furious at the crowd than the police for once - and that's really saying something.